Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[On-Going] Model S-friendly & Best Car Park List

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
lx3h,

With the Lok Fu Estate one, I specified "on Junction Road" because it's different from the UNY car park also at Lok Fu. The UNY one is further up the hill closer to the mall and the MTR station. The one I was referring to has its exit on Junction Road, diagonally opposite from Bishop Walsh Primary School and the cemetery. I also didn't see any charging facilities at the car park.
Corrected with thanks

Sun Chui Estate Car Park
Google Maps

AVOID! The hourly car park has very tight ramps. I was millimeters away from scratching my car. Hourly parking spots were supposedly on the 4/F and 5/F and just going up the ramp to 1/F was bad enough. I cannot fathom doing the same thing a few more floors up and then doing the same thing again when leaving. I decided to leave immediately from 1/F and it was going back down to G/F where I nearly scratched my car.
blacklisted with thanks

Hong Kong Disneyland Park Car Park (Outdoor)

I believe the chargers have changed. The one nearest the park (still a bit of walk) which doubles as a handicapped parking space is still using the old 13A charger with the upside down socket. However, the ones at the beginning of row 2 and two other further back (each has 2 charge points, making a total of 6 charge points) had changed. These has the standard plug directly into the Tesla so you do not need to use your own. The last time I was there, I got about 20A of charge (about 19km per hour). You will still have to ask the cast member carpark attendant to direct you and to call for colleagues to enable the charging.

Could you please pinpoint these chargers on Google Map for me?

Thanks.

Greenwood Terrace at Chai Wan. Entrance is besides Block 7. Ramps are wide if you are the only car, else it's too tight for 2 cars to go side by side. Plenty of spaces since it's kind of hidden and quiet. Forgot the rate, and no charging facilities.

I am not able to find the entrance on Google Map Street View, do you have an idea where exactly is the car park opening is?

Parked at 8 Observatory Rd. and wanted to give an update to the details of the map.

The Pricing has changed and is now slightly more expensive
Hourly (per hour)
Mon-Thu (Excl.PH) $33
Fri/Sat/Sun & PH $35
Day Park
08:00 - 18:00 $160
Night Park
20:00 - 08:00 $95
Monthly
Non-reserved $4800

Also i found the turns to the lower levels a bit narrow. It's doable but you need to take caution. The spaces themselves are quite wide, but for a few spaces it can be tricky to park as the concrete columns can make maneuvering difficult

all spaces have 13A and there are 3 32A(?) chargers are being installed on lowest level B3 but not yet operational

for the 13A chargers you need to plug the car in then go to the panel next to the lift lobby to activate (it took me a few minutes to figure out as there are no instructions next to the outlet.)

PxUdPY9FHztt0TL6tvKYohJ5UIEPUiWj7kSu77lnXD4UOlSRFyAfO_nArdr0Aj3tw7AYgeEmv4MIA0bO8uJ59XBY2N2vHbxbxnCmkg1bwk9_73VV0Dn74TtykL9_go4t8S8HVfHehWDobQ6YGYtyNJqjjbiVQhGWIsYLY7WNoDnKVe3D2BAfcFvXWi88HirWX-_nuxFrey90aYB-n173cC6cZoYmjSLAAlgE0_TQTQ5srqPb_azB3fC3oHPDi1LHJoUBuqSBxO_ST8Iqu_v1qRyTJauz6B41z8hpi1BRLXahuy8TZBSzW8PNM8VjuSYW7pV48DOpdpGio5HUDYezQ9ko3v3RdE7Lln8CPK6rO2VUSYn2tWWq0OqVZ2MUD5sx6DNpd1EJvvmat9x-IcMQL0ldiGJw6rfFznaWO9aItDOyi_43uRQKC7V9gVOJdSe2kIUmZ04ZR4B395sxAduTdftcsN0ttHptPIcK4O276jNbGnwfpvjpIk4DILY2k8cYs6KGBd_Hr8P6wHCM2-QR0ubyrGVKVH8_wiZbuQ-I8AkZkv50bVuY0_6z4HT4mGZ3XRlFaeQm2ESmJ8OhqFBWUORgmRUGrju3=w932-h1654-no

lxTfPqeXnObiPhcDMv2iP-hGCJIFwd1ljGb3saGPabo5DTM3Xu6jj8cSdc2A_aZvMEFELTG6ZEi9mZYIVCeS8pyd5Ue69H0H3yxT_6TV-yh0-ROP7pl6B9pug9Llk-2ggw8a4atqaWmKOrNbxuzubKsMQEVn3ExqajPvoQt4iQpzN_6pGZv0b--Ozg4kg5kC-EZbZXdhzPmgFfxQx3PKI0s6HJFKwahBPrg01DsM-PMYPplp7v3Qq-jFvO-0qbrvW_iBnE22KlUreBIIsd2NfTFti3HWB3QFxGodxUPcwTDfrsOliP3yz1hwP_cVhI6ozAf3_D0Wk1SfLzcmxeG-3NQczTRpxn8jsf1vXpv-t1TI7xU-SeVNNoO6JirsXCukb0kI3IKb1YzAqwX6aBk8zIj96dnc-8iwi6U7SUK8l_3Ksnj-FVkWZffz5S0BoiCspYxq6AZrdgtqJBkKAiZdmXhU3_SngTtcakJ1BmMHc6OojX87SjvyCCv87fXAiaPamnQUVVUiWlolv0qdjXGNoXgdO6M0mu-AcO0vYf45VBq-IVtCRumIvnG9NN1pSxK1CciiGg0OJIgB0fCVdzDPaqLcaJD2qlIq=w932-h1654-no

updated with thanks, however, your photos no longer exist

Hong Kong Disneyland Park Car Park (Outdoor)

I believe the chargers have changed. The one nearest the park (still a bit of walk) which doubles as a handicapped parking space is still using the old 13A charger with the upside down socket. However, the ones at the beginning of row 2 and two other further back (each has 2 charge points, making a total of 6 charge points) had changed. These has the standard plug directly into the Tesla so you do not need to use your own. The last time I was there, I got about 20A of charge (about 19km per hour). You will still have to ask the cast member carpark attendant to direct you and to call for colleagues to enable the charging.

Added with thanks!

New chargers at Hong Kong Country Club. This is a members' and their guests only car park. Four Tesla installed medium speed chargers started trial operations on 20 July 2016. Limited to free charging for two hours after which you are asked to move away to make available the spot for others.

Google 地圖

Regal Riverside Hotel - Destination Charging

Below are my recent email exchanges with the hotel:
************************************************************************************
Dear Sir,

HNY 2017.

I visited your AVANTI PIZZERIA on 18 Jan 2017 in the evening around 18:00pm. Same as before, I parked my Tesla in your basement carpark. Regrettably, all the Tesla charging slots were occupied by petrol cars while there were plenty of empty parking spaces in your car park. I fully understand that car park spaces could be sought after in the peak hours. However, for situation similar to that evening when there were many empty parking spaces, could you consider reserving one or two charging slots for the electric vehicle?

Fortunately, my Tesla did not need immediate charging in that evening and I simply parked my car in other empty spaces.

Regards,

*************************************************************************************

Their reply from Regal Riverside Hotel was

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Dear Sir

Thank you for your email and your great support to Regal Riverside Hotel is truly appreciated. Your constructive comments are duly noted, since our car parking is a self-service basis, we shall ask for better cooperation from the non-electric car owners to respect the users of Tesla stalls.

Wishing you a prosperous Year of the Rooster and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Best regards
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Clearly, the reply from the hotel management is no better than our beloved Transport Department about ICE occupation of charging slots in government public car parks.

Regal Riverside Hotel - Destination Charging

Below are my recent email exchanges with the hotel:
************************************************************************************
Dear Sir,

HNY 2017.

I visited your AVANTI PIZZERIA on 18 Jan 2017 in the evening around 18:00pm. Same as before, I parked my Tesla in your basement carpark. Regrettably, all the Tesla charging slots were occupied by petrol cars while there were plenty of empty parking spaces in your car park. I fully understand that car park spaces could be sought after in the peak hours. However, for situation similar to that evening when there were many empty parking spaces, could you consider reserving one or two charging slots for the electric vehicle?

Fortunately, my Tesla did not need immediate charging in that evening and I simply parked my car in other empty spaces.

Regards,

*************************************************************************************

Their reply from Regal Riverside Hotel was

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Dear Sir

Thank you for your email and your great support to Regal Riverside Hotel is truly appreciated. Your constructive comments are duly noted, since our car parking is a self-service basis, we shall ask for better cooperation from the non-electric car owners to respect the users of Tesla stalls.

Wishing you a prosperous Year of the Rooster and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Best regards
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Clearly, the reply from the hotel management is no better than our beloved Transport Department about ICE occupation of charging slots in government public car parks.

Thank you jsiu, for writing to the hotel and keeping this thread alive.

For parking at North Point Government Offices, I read previous post and understand that the entrance and exit was wide enough for both MS and MX. However,chargers are at the basement floor. There is unused gate which narrowed the ramp leading to the basement. Can anyone share his experience in driving down to the basement?

For parking at North Point Government Offices, I read previous post and understand that the entrance and exit was wide enough for both MS and MX. However,chargers are at the basement floor. There is unused gate which narrowed the ramp leading to the basement. Can anyone share his experience in driving down to the basement?
The entrance and exit are wide enough for MS. You are right. As your turn down to the basement, the unused gate is very narrow. You have to be extra careful when go down and coming out as our MS back is wider than the front. My face lifted MS does not charge with any of the chargers there. In fact, my FL MS doesn't charge with any of the 32A chargers by "EVPOWER". The ones at star ferry carpark are also by EVPOWER. EV LINK chargers work though. So if you intend to park there to charge, you have to content with the 13A chargers (useless as it puts in only 9km per hr). Or drive further down the road to Lincoln House SCs. Hope this helps.