Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

On the fence

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you have the Quadrifoglio with the V6?

Before going electric, I wanted to get a Q really bad ($500/mo in gasoline be damned) until I learned that Alfa Romeo wouldn't offer a manual here in the USA (and they still don't, sadly.)
No, our Guilia isn't the Quadrifoglio, but still faster than either of us need or use. It was our son's car, when he took a job in Japan we bought it from him since he couldn't take it. Really nice example of a combustion engine vehicle, but going electric now. It was fun for a few years. Retirement and fixed incomes have a way of changing priorities.

Reactions: tm1v2
If the height of the vehicle is a concern, have you considered the Model Y? It’s all the goodness of the 3, but raised up a bit - much easier to get in-out of.

Congratulations in either case! You’ll love it — and not stopping for gasoline even more. :)

And yes — no worries on the distance sensor…. That uses the ultrasonic sensors in the bumper; those aren’t going away.
I considered the Y, good point you make. But when I saw the BBB incentives may be limited to $55K, that ruled out some models. (of course it may all change anyway) Good to know the bumper distance will still be noted in inches. Our Guilia has red, yellow, green lights but wife has still scraped the front air dame on occasions. I called to see if Tesla ever has demo's available and to let them know I would be interested.

I considered the Y, good point you make. But when I saw the BBB incentives may be limited to $55K, that ruled out some models. (of course it may all change anyway) Good to know the bumper distance will still be noted in inches. Our Guilia has red, yellow, green lights but wife has still scraped the front air dame on occasions. I called to see if Tesla ever has demo's available and to let them know I would be interested.

I'd suggest not calculating your poultry until properly incubated... To be frank, I'm skeptical the EV incentives will happen. If they do - wonderful; I love being wrong sometimes. As you said - it may all change... but I totally hear you. That incentive could make a huge difference, but then again, Tesla may just adjust the price of the vehicle again to compensate accordingly. Who the heck knows?

And yes - no issues with the bumper measurement. All good there!

You can certainly schedule a test drive right here with Tesla: Schedule a Test Drive | Tesla
Hope that helps!