Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Online configurator preview

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The $1000 documentation charge i saw in the earlier screens shared, is that same for everyone across the board? (for both those picking up from towns that have service centers to deliver and also those users that have to receive by shipping? not sure how to interpret that cost)

Was able to get relatively good model 3 cost estimates with financing here in case anyone is interested to check out
tesla model 3 model3 EV electric car electric vehicle

The $1000 documentation charge i saw in the earlier screens shared, is that same for everyone across the board? (for both those picking up from towns that have service centers to deliver and also those users that have to receive by shipping? not sure how to interpret that cost)
It's a $1,000 destination fee, it's the cost of getting the car from the factory to the local showroom or delivery location. Everyone in the US pays the same amount regardless of where you live or where you pick it up.

• Informative
Reactions: Rich966
I combined the screenshots from the configurator in an online interactive one

screenshot source / credit : Tesla Model 3 Configurator

enjoy

added aero wheels without covers to the online configurator thanks to the Photoshop skills of a forum member

std white with covers removed and button.png

How would it be a launch then, if it's already rolling?

I am just happy that the white interior is as close as this fall. It means my order may not be delayed in choosing it, since I'm already listed as November-January. Blue with white interior and aero wheels for me.

I am just happy that the white interior is as close as this fall. It means my order may not be delayed in choosing it, since I'm already listed as November-January. Blue with white interior and aero wheels for me.

Same situation here. Nov-Jan with blue (maybe red) and white interior. Hopefully the white will not delay me too much.

I posted pictures this morning on thread "model 3 with ultra white interior," when I saw and snapped pics of a model 3 I saw when headed home from Reno Rib Cook Off. The model 3 was pearl white with ultra white interior.

So, if you get the e-mail to configure but don't bother responding, is there a time limit? Or can you theoretically hold off for months (or years) until time you're ready to actually order? I mean, if the tax credit is likely good until end of June but you get the e-mail in October, could you wait to config and order until, say, March to see what options appear (or save more, etc), and still comfortably get the full tax credit?

For me, I'd really like to be able to see more pictures (or even check out in person) the white interior on a 3.

So, if you get the e-mail to configure but don't bother responding, is there a time limit? Or can you theoretically hold off for months (or years) until time you're ready to actually order? I mean, if the tax credit is likely good until end of June but you get the e-mail in October, could you wait to config and order until, say, March to see what options appear (or save more, etc), and still comfortably get the full tax credit?

For me, I'd really like to be able to see more pictures (or even check out in person) the white interior on a 3.
If you get an email to configure and you don't respond in a reasonable amount of time (I think it's like 10 days or 2 weeks), they put you in a short hold queue then the try again. If you again don't respond during the designated time period, they cancel your reservation and refund your down payment. So you really do need to acknowledge the contact and just choose to hold your place. I'd guess they won't retry until the next major release, like dual motor, raised suspension, smaller battery, etc.

Based on the S and X you can hold your spot indefinitely and you can jump back in whenever you like. Not long ago I saw a post from someone that had an early X reservation and still had it on hold. You only get to do this once though.