Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Online configurator preview

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How did you access it?

Looks like maybe he found it from these tweets? :
zl on Twitter

M3ColorPanel.png

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: MP3Mike and smicker
Which?

Scenario # 1:

Prior Deposit $1,000
Order Payment Due Today $2,500
---------------------------------------------
Non-refundable total paid so far: $3,500

Scenario # 2:

Order Payment Due Today Subtotal $2,500
Prior credit of Deposit -$1,000
---------------------------------------------
Actual Total Order Payment Due Today $1,500
---------------------------------------------------------------
Non-refundable total paid so far: $2,500

zl on Twitter

Sounds more like scenario #1

Last edited:
So there's another $2,500 non-refundable deposit even before we find out if we quality for Tesla's "in-house" financing?

Financial institution car loan rates in Canada are too high (like 6% or higher) for it to make sense while with Tesla's in-house (partnership), financing rates can be as low as 2.5-3.0% over eight years.

• Helpful
Reactions: Ulmo
Any info yet on the Dual Motor AWD w/220 cost yet? Or do we have to wait until the initial build for those cars?

We probably won't know until we are much closer to the option is available middle of next year. If Tesla is trying to be price competitive with other makes the AWD option will run about $3,000. If they price like Tesla will be $5,000.

There is also a good chance dual motor will only be offered with the bigger battery.

For me, waiting for dual motor comes down to the likelihood of getting the full federal rebate.

My current estimated delivery for initial production is late 2017 to early 2018 whereas dual motor pushes that out to October of next year.

There are two blacks? Oh please, one gloss and the other not, with the non-gloss not costing an extra $1k.... ;) (somehow I doubt this)

ED: On second thought, I'm betting that second "black" is actually supposed to be midnight silver. The two "greys" at the end must be pearl-white and metallic silver.

It is only 1 black option. The black is "standard". Any other color is $1k.