Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Only 1 model S in new inventory

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I asked one of my contacts at Tesla about this last month, and he was a little cagey about it, but basically said "we're plum sold out".

I think there's more to it, like manipulating the number of inventory cars available to push people to order new/custom cars.

In any case, if you're looking for a new/inventory car, call your local Tesla store/showroom since they probably have access to lots of cars that are not listed online.

I asked one of my contacts at Tesla about this last month, and he was a little cagey about it, but basically said "we're plum sold out".

I think there's more to it, like manipulating the number of inventory cars available to push people to order new/custom cars.

In any case, if you're looking for a new/inventory car, call your local Tesla store/showroom since they probably have access to lots of cars that are not listed online.
Market manipulation at its finest.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
....or more likely with the uncertainty of the federal tax credit issue at the end of the year, people gobbled them up. Remember Tesla cut back on S and X production during the summer I think it was to focus production teams on the Model 3. I also think there's a real possibilty that Telsa could be planning an upgrade, at least to the Model S, coming down the road and so trying to manage excess inventory. Definitely heard that people (including those here on TMC) were snapping up CPOs at end of year.

We have our vehicle in service center now for a few items and had requested a loaner in advance. We did get a Tesla, 90D, but it was arranged for by Telsa from Enterprise. Kind of surprised by that but probably because Tesla had sold it's CPOs and had nothing left. The 90D was a basic trim, and while it had license plates on it I had to smile that the car was still sporting it's Tesla temporary sticker on the windshield (so figure it was acquired by Enterprise as a CPO and they didn't care about taking it off). Manufacture date was 3/2017. BTW while the loaner doesn't have the upgrades our car does, I'm still impressed by it. Has the fabric multi-pattern seats which are quite nice, no alcantera linings. Miss things like EAP with TACC and the power liftgate though. But I'd be very happy with this car as well.

Last edited:
Our local store was so low on Inventory, they sold the display cars. There were no cars in the showroom. I was charging at the factory 12/31, and had a friend call in a panic, trying to get a Model S by year end, due to taxes and sudden unexpected cash. Inside the Fremont store, they searched all of Northern California, and there were a few cars scattered around, but not in actual stores. She didn't get the car, but is still considering it.

• Informative
Reactions: hmmm