Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

oops! Germany is worried!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wait until Tesla brings the quality up and surpasses Porsche. Tesla will eliminate the automotive market just like Apple did to Motorola. Please see prediction below:

Top Player For Phone before 2007:
1. Nokia
2. Motorola
3. Sony Ericson

Top Player For Phone after 2007:
1. Apple
2. Google
3. Microsoft

Top Player For Car before 2020:
1. Toyota
2. GM
3. BMW

Top Players For Car after 2020:
1. Tesla
2. Apple
3. Google

Beat that! lol!

Just wait until Tesla brings the quality up and surpasses Porsche. Tesla will eliminate the automotive market just like Apple did to Motorola. Please see prediction below:

Top Player For Phone before 2007:
1. Nokia
2. Motorola
3. Sony Ericson

Top Player For Phone after 2007:
1. Apple
2. Google
3. Microsoft

Top Player For Car before 2020:
1. Toyota
2. GM
3. BMW

Top Players For Car after 2020:
1. Tesla
2. Apple
3. Google

Beat that! lol!

What about blackberry?

Too soon to make the call that Apple and Google will ever be big players. Yes they are devoting a ton of money and research but that does not mean they will ever bring to market products which will sell in significant numbers. Google seems likely even if they sell to another player. Apple - way too soon to make the call as to whether or not they will have success in the market. Remember, Jobs is dead. The Apple car seems to smell of an "oh crap we better not miss the boat" kind of research effort.

Too soon to make the call that Apple and Google will ever be big players. Yes they are devoting a ton of money and research but that does not mean they will ever bring to market products which will sell in significant numbers. Google seems likely even if they sell to another player. Apple - way too soon to make the call as to whether or not they will have success in the market. Remember, Jobs is dead. The Apple car seems to smell of an "oh crap we better not miss the boat" kind of research effort.
The Apple car just seems badly managed and over-ambitious from the rumors I have heard. And it seems they are suffering from having too much money (getting to the point there they think throwing massive amounts of money and people at the project can make it move more quickly when the opposite is happening).

On the other hand, Google's project seems to be going rather well (and even if Google doesn't build their own car, they look to have a nice system to sell to someone else, maybe even Tesla).

Same here, as much as I like Apple products, an Apple car just doesn't sound appealing. They outsource most of their manufacturing so I can't even imagine a car being outsourced manufactured. Not to mention the markup and margins they are going to want and shareholders would demand.

It will likely not be made in USA and somewhere in Europe (Germany) where they have excess cash that they can't repatriate without incurring taxes.

• Informative
Reactions: spleen
Either do I. They say that they are really trying but they just can't figure out how to make a car without Windows. Apparently, they figured out the windscreen, except that it breaks really easy. The car still drives fine though.
But I heard that the windscreen is very compelling. It's rectangular with rounded corners, they have a patent on it. And there is only 1 start button in the whole vehicle. It also functions as a "home" button. You press it and it will autonomously drive you home.

In an other thread about the same article I've already told my opinion so let me quote myself:

I don't even need to read the article to say that this is ridiculous! I really would like see more EVs on the roads, but the fact is the German car makers are living their renaissance. E.g. MB could increase its sales with more than 54k cars only in Q1(2016). It's more than Tesla's entire last year sale.

2016 (Q1) German Luxury Car Sales Worldwide and in China

Do you still think that "German automakers are starting to worry"? I don't think so. I'll bet this article is paid and/or the author is an exalted EV enthusiast. Sadly, the gap is just increasing between Tesla and the Germans, and it means that electric 7 series is still very far from now. :-(