Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Open Source DIY Model 3 Console Wrap Template

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Kenriko,

Purchased your CF Console kit on your Amazon Shop! LOVE it! Everything was awesome....kit....quality...packaging....everything. Don’t have the car yet but couldn’t wait! Will you be releasing the door kit and steering wheel kit in CF soon as well? Thought I read something about a bundle though I have your Console kit in CF already.

Ski

Door Kit will be available on Amazon in 6-10 days. The steering wheel kit is coming but I can't focus on that until I get the door kits launched. Appreciate the support Ski.

I'm trying, as close as possible, to match the look of the upholstery. I've seen some photos of the 3M Deep Matte Black (M22), which looks closer than the 3M Matte Black (M12). What about the Avery matte films? Is the Avery Matte Black as close to the look of the Model 3 upholstery (and steering wheel) as the 3M M22? Is there an Avery film that is even closer to that color and reflectance than their Matte Black?

I'm also hearing that all of the 3M matte vinyls are prone to scratching and that the Avery matte films might be more scratch resistant. True? Has anyone tried covering the Avery films with Ceramic Pro?

Door Kit will be available on Amazon in 6-10 days. The steering wheel kit is coming but I can't focus on that until I get the door kits launched. Appreciate the support Ski.

I installed your Matte Black kit yesterday with no issues looks great. Will be following along for the door kits as well. Thank you for offering a cool way to customize for such a reasonable price!

I'm trying, as close as possible, to match the look of the upholstery. I've seen some photos of the 3M Deep Matte Black (M22), which looks closer than the 3M Matte Black (M12). What about the Avery matte films? Is the Avery Matte Black as close to the look of the Model 3 upholstery (and steering wheel) as the 3M M22? Is there an Avery film that is even closer to that color and reflectance than their Matte Black?

I'm also hearing that all of the 3M matte vinyls are prone to scratching and that the Avery matte films might be more scratch resistant. True? Has anyone tried covering the Avery films with Ceramic Pro?

Avery 900 Matte Black and 3M M22 Deep Matte Black are very close in appearance and match the interior very well.

The Avery material is slightly more scratch resistant than M22 and easier to install over the curves of the console. The Matte Black door kits will be using 3M M22 Deep Black since the install of all those small fiddly bits calls for a more stiff material.

The most scratch resistant "Matte Black" available is Oracal Matte Black but it's not a true Matte it's a satin / semi-gloss - they just lie with the name.

I stay far away from 3M M12 Matte Black since that scratches super easy and they never fade.

Lots of photos are available of the Avery material installed on the Amazon listing here: https://www.amazon.com/Kenriko-Tesla-Model-Matte-Console/dp/B07CZL8ZR5

Thanks, Kenriko! Any thoughts about coating the vinyl with Ceramic Pro? I'm already doing that for the XPEL Stealth exterior. It preserves the matte look. Doesn't make it glossy. Wondering if that might help minimize the scratching and abrasions.

I've not tried any ceramic coatings on them however this is the same material you would use on the outside of the car and they do use ceramic coatings on it on exterior applications so I don't see a reason why not.

C'mon folks! Kenriko and AMIYY4YOU are doing a great service to the Model 3 community by making these very reasonably priced kits *and* the free open-source templates. Show them some love by contributing to their Patreon campaign. You can commit to as little as $1/month and cancel any time. Tesla Model 3 Vinyl Wrap Fund! is creating FREE vector template files for the Tesla Model 3 | Patreon

And I have no association with either of them. I just appreciate their efforts.

Thanks a lot for the support man. I gave steering wheel accents to kenriko to do a once over before he publishes them in the repository. I'm currently working on door sills, wood dash trim, and door handles and have just been crazy busy at work the past couple of weeks. The files will become available soon, but like kenriko, I've been doing a bunch of trial runs to ensure that the fit is as good as it can get.

Excellent to hear about updates to the door kits and the sills. If you ever end up offering clear sills (especially for the rear doors), I'll definitely going to be picking up a set once my 3 is delivered in July/Aug (keep getting delayed since April).

Keep up the great work, both of you!

~Paik

Kenrik/Model-3-Vinyl-Wrap-Template

The project is hosted on Github with a GPL v3 Licence.

If you have any questions here is the place to post them. This template should be compatible with most Vinyl Plotters on the market including commercial brands like Roland and Graphtec as well as consumer brands like Cricut and Silhouette.

Install Video: (Warning! 45min long)

If you don't have access to a machine I also have complete kits available on Amazon with free Prime shipping for $29.50 each here:

Brushed Black: https://www.amazon.com/Kenriko-Tesla-Model-Brushed-Console/dp/B07CZLGZRR

Matte Black: https://www.amazon.com/Kenriko-Tesla-Model-Matte-Console/dp/B07CZL8ZR5

Carbon Fiber: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CZKWH83
I installed the Carbon Fiber on the center console and it worked great. Are you planning on releasing a wrap for the dashboard wood?

Reactions: Kelmn07