Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Open Source DIY Model 3 Console Wrap Template

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just came across this entire thread. Great read and development of open source templates. Although these are not something my better half believes in, I just wanted to say Thank You @Kenriko, @AMIYY4YOU and any others who have/are helping.

One thought I did have was you likely have opportunity to use empty space inside cup holder template for wheel center hub covers. I understand that some might have issue with the Tesla T and trademark misuse, though if you only ship the exterior of this, ie to cover the hub and leave the silver T exposed this might be different enough? Just a thought. Good luck, and thanks again.

Btw looking forward to what you’re thinking of using material cutter for... ;)

Kenrik/Model-3-Vinyl-Wrap-Template

The project is hosted on Github with a GPL v3 Licence.

If you have any questions here is the place to post them. This template should be compatible with most Vinyl Plotters on the market including commercial brands like Roland and Graphtec as well as consumer brands like Cricut and Silhouette.

Install Video: (Warning! 45min long)

If you don't have access to a machine I also have complete kits available on Amazon with free Prime shipping for $29.50 each here:

Brushed Black: https://www.amazon.com/Kenriko-Tesla-Model-Brushed-Console/dp/B07CZLGZRR

Matte Black: https://www.amazon.com/Kenriko-Tesla-Model-Matte-Console/dp/B07CZL8ZR5

Carbon Fiber: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CZKWH83

Just came across this entire thread. Great read and development of open source templates. Although these are not something my better half believes in, I just wanted to say Thank You @Kenriko, @AMIYY4YOU and any others who have/are helping.

One thought I did have was you likely have opportunity to use empty space inside cup holder template for wheel center hub covers. I understand that some might have issue with the Tesla T and trademark misuse, though if you only ship the exterior of this, ie to cover the hub and leave the silver T exposed this might be different enough? Just a thought. Good luck, and thanks again.

Btw looking forward to what you’re thinking of using material cutter for... ;)

I already do this exact thing you're talking about. Though I don't sell any of them l just cut them for people

• Love
Reactions: MikeBur
Meh, just got a few bad reviews on Amazon. #FeelsBadMan :'-(

For the record, I'll happily send out replacement pieces free of charge if you mess up your install. Just contact me on Reddit, TMC, M3OC or Amazon.
Sorry to hear that. I will put my positive review on Amazon. I just installed my CF console kit over the weekend and want to thank you. Install was easier than I thought and I appreciated the well done video.
36327694_10214796443257972_5923400504146132992_o.jpg 36373185_10214796442377950_5659198305352024064_n.jpg

Reactions: Jimmy 1
Sorry to hear that. I will put my positive review on Amazon. I just installed my CF console kit over the weekend and want to thank you. Install was easier than I thought and I appreciated the well done video.
View attachment 314041 View attachment 314042

Thanks, I really appreciate it. The Carbon Fiber really looks nice in person, it's a shame that it does not photograph as well as some of the other materials because of the moire pattern.

Reactions: Blue in NC
Thanks, I really appreciate it. The Carbon Fiber really looks nice in person, it's a shame that it does not photograph as well as some of the other materials because of the moire pattern.
I also suspect that the carbon fiber may be slightly easier to install because it's a bit less stretchy (as least compared to the material in your video). I am not ordinarily a huge carbon fiber advocate but I liked the somewhat darker shade of carbon fiber (some seem more silver) and in this area I liked the contrast and texture. Very happy with the result.

apologies if anyone already asked this and i missed it (just got a break from work and didn't have time to read all 13 pages), but any plans to do a wrap or template for the wood trim piece on the dash?
Yes, between Kenriko and myself we're working on all of them. I'm doing the door sills, door handles, autopilot side cameras, and wooden dash. I know Kenriko is perfecting other things and marketing his center console and door switch products now but I just haven't had the time or bandwidth to commit to this as much. If more people donated to the Patreon I'd probably be more incentivized but for me its just a side thing :) Especially tough in the summer when it's so nice out.

apologies if anyone already asked this and i missed it (just got a break from work and didn't have time to read all 13 pages), but any plans to do a wrap or template for the wood trim piece on the dash?

Yes I'm working on that next, just sent off a shipment of Door Sill Kits and Matte White console kits to Amazon and the wood dash is my next focus.

Reactions: crackers8199