Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Options you would like to see in the Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't have a model s, but another EV, and even after years there's a % of times i load the car unplug sit in and ... Sigh , charge port open. Sometimes at home when things are hectic (dogs etc) or when getting in the car has distractions (eg grocery stuff guests etc)
It's a predictable irksome event that happens to me and it's resolvable with solid state hardware.

That would be useful for those times when I unplug the charging cable and get into the car and then realize I forgot to close the charging port cover. But it would require a major redesign if that port cover.

One year in and I still haven't trained myself to close the charge port immediately upon unplugging. I let my daughter unplug as much as possible since she remembers.

One year in and I still haven't trained myself to close the charge port immediately upon unplugging. I let my daughter unplug as much as possible since she remembers.

I have no idea why, but I manage to do this more often than I'd care to admit as well. I'm getting better but it's not typical for me to dork up common routines like this and yet I do.

Perhaps I'll blame it on mornings.

? Why? Does it open when it shouldn't?
Yes, yes it does. Like at superchargers when one person presses the button all the cars hear it, and they all open. Or when the UMC was acting up and sending random "open" signals even though no one was touching it. That one drove us crazy for a few months until Tesla figured it out.

If it auto opens, it should auto close.

Not auto closing is one of the head scratchers on the Model S. When right next to the flap, you press a button on the UMC and it opens. You're right there, it wouldn't be hard to open in manually, but you cannot. However, if you forget to close it (or your oh so helpful child who loves to unplug the car but always forgets to close the flap leaves it open for the Nth time), and you're seated in the car with the seat belt on, you throw it into reverse and the car beeps and you suddenly notice the flap is still open. Gaah. Now you have to stop the car, get out, close the flap, get back in, buckle up. And then the broken UMC randomly flips it open again!

It should auto close. Or just be spring loaded so that it's always closed until the plug is inserted and prevents it from closing.

This is my FIRST post here, one thing I'd like to see would be a trailer package. I called Tesla about this option but couldn't get any info on whether it's being considered. I tow a single axle enclosed trailer with my Harley inside using my Toyota Highlander Hybrid and don't see a need in keeping it if the Model X had this capability. Now to place my order for the "X".....

This is my FIRST post here, one thing I'd like to see would be a trailer package. I called Tesla about this option but couldn't get any info on whether it's being considered. I tow a single axle enclosed trailer with my Harley inside using my Toyota Highlander Hybrid and don't see a need in keeping it if the Model X had this capability. Now to place my order for the "X".....

Welcome. Elon Musk has said in the past that it will have tow capability but no official specs released as you confirmed when you called.

AC Power Out

An option to get AC Power out would be great. 1-2 kW is a minimum, and an option for 12 kW, 120/240 Volts out with 5-20, L14-X (generator connector), and L14-50 connections. The 12 kW, 14-50 option would allow an MX to aide another Tesla with a 10 kW emergency charge via a UMC.

AC Power Out

An option to get AC Power out would be great. 1-2 kW is a minimum, and an option for 12 kW, 120/240 Volts out with 5-20, L14-X (generator connector), and L14-50 connections. The 12 kW, 14-50 option would allow an MX to aide another Tesla with a 10 kW emergency charge via a UMC.
I so totally agree. I thought about this many times - one Tesla should be able to share some of its charge with another Tesla. That would make it so much easier to help someone who ran out of battery short of a charging spot... and much easier than needing a flat-bed...

360-degree Around-View parking cameras:

Infiniti EX Birdseye Camera - YouTube

Side View intersection and parking cameras:

BMW 7 Series SideView Camera Review - YouTube
BMW Side View Cameras - YouTube

I can only imagine how amazing these features would look on Tesla's giant interior display screen.

It would also be great to have dual sun visors for the driver and front passenger (so one could be used on the side window and the other for the front window when on a curvy road on a sunny day). A lot of high-end cars used to have these, but they're inexplicably very rare, now.

I so totally agree. I thought about this many times - one Tesla should be able to share some of its charge with another Tesla. That would make it so much easier to help someone who ran out of battery short of a charging spot... and much easier than needing a flat-bed...

+1. It would be relatively straightforward to put out a "Good Samaritan" request to passing Tesla drivers since GPS, 3G, state of charge info all available. Great idea!