Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order by Nov 30- delivery by Dec 31

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is going to be a fire sale in late December to push out as much volume as possible. January will be a very tough month in the US.

A tough month how? Tesla usually fills the long distance supply chain at the beginning of a quarter for deliveries toward the end of the quarter. The first month of any given quarter (almost?) always has lower delivery numbers than the last month of a given quarter.

A tough month how? Tesla usually fills the long distance supply chain at the beginning of a quarter for deliveries toward the end of the quarter. The first month of any given quarter (almost?) always has lower delivery numbers than the last month of a given quarter.

He is implying (and wrong) that the loss of 3750 worth of subsidies is going to obliterate demand for Tesla in the US.

Raising the price of an In N Out burger by 50 cents isn’t going to drive me to Wendy’s

He is implying (and wrong) that the loss of 3750 worth of subsidies is going to obliterate demand for Tesla in the US.

Raising the price of an In N Out burger by 50 cents isn’t going to drive me to Wendy’s

Apart from which, they'll be shipping to Europe by then, where there's still tons of demand.

Then Q2 we'll probably see the SR model (with PUP still required I bet) and people rushing in the US to snap those up before the $3750 drops in half July 1.... then maybe the 35k one in time for the Q4 rush of the last of the tax credit.

Apart from which, they'll be shipping to Europe by then, where there's still tons of demand.

Then Q2 we'll probably see the SR model (with PUP still required I bet) and people rushing in the US to snap those up before the $3750 drops in half July 1.... then maybe the 35k one in time for the Q4 rush of the last of the tax credit.

Absolutely. Why build a new assembly process for the SR body to sell for $35K with no software uptake when a good part of the world will gladly take the Performance Model 3.

While 3750 isn’t insignificant money, I’m not going to get a Bolt and change my whole approach to what I’m going to drive.

Reactions: outdoors

We shall see what happens. I suspect demand will fall off dramatically until the SR model is released for North America. Logistics for Europe will be a nightmare.

This promise of delivery by 12/31 is quite a representation by Tesla. My guess is they will not be able to deliver on all those, given their track record. And of course they are really promising nothing. If they don't deliver on time... they won't care, and the customer can either accept that or cancel. They're certainly not going to cover the $3750 difference.

This promise of delivery by 12/31 is quite a representation by Tesla. My guess is they will not be able to deliver on all those, given their track record. And of course they are really promising nothing. If they don't deliver on time... they won't care, and the customer can either accept that or cancel. They're certainly not going to cover the $3750 difference.
You never know. They've "made things right" in the past so maybe they would do that if they can't deliver by the end of the year.

Reactions: outdoors
I think you will be finding large numbers of unsold cars in storage lots around the country to make deliveries faster. There will be a massive push for the end of the year.
Exactly. I'm sure there will be some cases where they can't delivery by the end of the year but it's not like they are going to miss delivering tens of thousands of cars. Overall, they did a great job with 3rd quarter deliveries. I'm sure they'll do even better this quarter.

Why would you wait until November 29th, 11:59PM PST to place an order just to "test" Tesla's ability to deliver?

The consumer bears some responsibility on how interested they are in a car. Everything produced right now still is going straight east I would wager.

The bulk of west coast cars won't get delivered until after Christmas.

Why would you wait until November 29th, 11:59PM PST to place an order just to "test" Tesla's ability to deliver?

The consumer bears some responsibility on how interested they are in a car. Everything produced right now still is going straight east I would wager.

The bulk of west coast cars won't get delivered until after Christmas.

I don't follow. I didn't say anything about waiting until 11:59 on 11/30. But seems like you agree that a high number of west coast cars won't get delivered by 12/31. If so, why is Tesla promising that.

I don't follow. I didn't say anything about waiting until 11:59 on 11/30. But seems like you agree that a high number of west coast cars won't get delivered by 12/31. If so, why is Tesla promising that.

I am saying the West Coast cars will not be a problem at all. Tesla rolls them right off the factory and to the customer.

Only trucking done is to SoCal and Seattle. Tesla probably has 20 days in December to focus on nothing but west coast production and delivery as anything would have been too late for 12/31 anyway.

East coast is the risk.