Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order cancelled 5 days after first VIN assignment. Any advice? Placed 7/26. Profile complete 7/27. Vin assigned 12/26.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Placed 7/26.
Profile complete 7/27.
Vin assigned 12/26.
Called Tesla on 12/27 and let them know am travelling out of country till 1/8/22 and can take delivery anytime after.
Tesla rep put my order on hold till 2/1/22 (this is the first time my reservation went on hold)
Order was cancelled midnight 12/31/21

SA informs me that this is auto-cancellation with no reprieve.

I work in ops, and can empathize the business reasons behind not having a massive order backlog holds. However, cancelling with such short time after first VIN assignment seems extreme. Any advice/inputs?

There is another (actually more than one, but this one comes to mind) thread with similar discussion.

I dont know if they got anywhere or there is anything that can be done, once the order is canceled. I would say the best thing to do would be to go to a tesla sales center and discuss it in person... but you are out of the country until the 8th and on these type of things, usually "time is of the essence".

TL ; DR -- doubt there is anything you can do other than discuss in person and "hope", even though in your specific situation this sounds wrong.

Obviously a raw deal here. I wonder if there is a small claims court case here if Tesla violated its own terms and conditions. It would depend on the order agreement they provided back in July, and yes, it should be legally binding. Reordering the car will cost an extra $5K+, so it’s more than just the $250 order fee.

Out of curiosity, what is the recourse here? Could maverick9 paid in full and then requested that Tesla deliver the car to their home?

Sorry that happened, many of us that hD holds on cars through the new year had automatically removed by the system on Dec 28th (although if you called Tesla it showed on hold on their end) and some had theirs moved back on to hold with an I’m ready button. I was definitely afraid of this happening to me. Hopefully they can take care of you.

Why did it take 4 months to get a VIN, did you keep placing your order on hold?
Placed 7/26.
Profile complete 7/27.
Vin assigned 12/26.
Called Tesla on 12/27 and let them know am travelling out of country till 1/8/22 and can take delivery anytime after.
Tesla rep put my order on hold till 2/1/22 (this is the first time my reservation went on hold)
Order was cancelled midnight 12/31/21
4 months to get a VIN is not out of the ordinary, plenty of August order holders still waiting in their thread. Sadly, this is one of many recent EOQ/EOY push stories posted here where Tesla treats their customer poorly just to make a number.

Reactions: eeee-meeee
same situation here. We tried reaching out to our sales advisor and our manager but they couldn't do anything about it. Yesterday, we went to the store and showed them the contract and everything in person. The person there said he would send an email to make us eligible again and try to honor the original price. Hopefully it works. If it doesn't, we will probably reach out to the operations managers. Please let us know if you find a solution. I will do the same if I find one. Thanks