Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order hold automatically removed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is everyone who had their orders removed still showing TBD for delivery dates?
Not me. I removed my Model Y order off hold on 12/15 and had TBD for one day then my Edd went to 1/19-2/16 and its been there ever since.
I have a Model 3 SR on hold as well which was also removed from hold 12/15 and got an Edd of 2/20-3/16 but just last week it moved to 1/3-1/31 and its still there. Maybe this is because I removed the hold myself and it was not automatic from Tesla.

Yeah, I’m back on the evening of the 31st but couldn’t accommodate they two dates they offered (the 29th and 30th, if memory serves), and they couldn’t deliver to my address as it was out of their radius. My SA knows my availability, thinks I’ll get a car in January but also makes no promises. We’ll see!
Does anyone know what's the criteria for home delivery by chance?

I’m new here, but here’s my Tesla Timeline.

Build: MYLR, white/black, 7 seat, Induction wheels.

-Placed order 10/23/21 with original EDD 6/2022
- At some point a few days after order placed, EDD was updated to March/April 2022
-11/4/21 - VIN assigned - received email saying to pay for Tesla and app showed Ready for delivery. I panicked Bc I wasn’t remotely expecting a VIN so soon. Sales advisor “Unmatched” me from car. EDD showed “tbd”
- 11/9/21 - Tesla advisor placed my account on hold until 1/3/22 (for the record, I never asked for a hold). When I asked why, they stated the same VIN was trying to be matched To me again and since I told them i wouldn’t be ready until after the beginning of the year, they placed my account on hold.
- Today 12/31/21 - account is automatically off hold with an EDD of “TBD”. Not sure exactly when this occurred Bc I haven’t checked in a few days.

I’ll be honest, I’m anxious! I want the car but ordered knowing that I would want to take delivery around or after March. When I placed my order, several SAs (and internet threads) assured that the wait time was pretty accurate. I hope when the new EDD updates, it will be in my hopeful timeline of March or after.

I love the Tesla ordering experience - however, I wish the EDDs were more predicatable. I wouldn’t have placed me order yet had I known it was a real possibility of getting the car so many months prior to the first or even second EDD :/ nonetheless, still can’t wait to take delivery and if it becomes available again before March, will probably just take it anyway.

Hello, new here! My 12/31 hold for MY LR (with third row) was changed to 1/5 by Tesla (orig asked for 1/3 hold due to vacation but they at first gave me 12/31). Do I need to push the I'm ready button by then or they will cancel my order? Or will they just auto-release the hold? I ordered in Aug, got VIN maybe late in Nov. Requested hold when EDD moved from Jan to Dec. I could take delivery now, but could also wait in hopes of some updates since have extra cars at home...

• Disagree
Reactions: doozenberg
Hello, new here! My 12/31 hold for MY LR (with third row) was changed to 1/5 by Tesla (orig asked for 1/3 hold due to vacation but they at first gave me 12/31). Do I need to push the I'm ready button by then or they will cancel my order? Or will they just auto-release the hold? I ordered in Aug, got VIN maybe late in Nov. Requested hold when EDD moved from Jan to Dec. I could take delivery now, but could also wait in hopes of some updates since have extra cars at home...
That is odd, most of us had our holds removed but if I am reading correctly your hold was pushed out. Was your hold ever released with a tbd Edd or did the hold page remain and the date simply changed?

I’m new here, but here’s my Tesla Timeline.

Build: MYLR, white/black, 7 seat, Induction wheels.

-Placed order 10/23/21 with original EDD 6/2022
- At some point a few days after order placed, EDD was updated to March/April 2022
-11/4/21 - VIN assigned - received email saying to pay for Tesla and app showed Ready for delivery. I panicked Bc I wasn’t remotely expecting a VIN so soon. Sales advisor “Unmatched” me from car. EDD showed “tbd”
- 11/9/21 - Tesla advisor placed my account on hold until 1/3/22 (for the record, I never asked for a hold). When I asked why, they stated the same VIN was trying to be matched To me again and since I told them i wouldn’t be ready until after the beginning of the year, they placed my account on hold.
- Today 12/31/21 - account is automatically off hold with an EDD of “TBD”. Not sure exactly when this occurred Bc I haven’t checked in a few days.

I’ll be honest, I’m anxious! I want the car but ordered knowing that I would want to take delivery around or after March. When I placed my order, several SAs (and internet threads) assured that the wait time was pretty accurate. I hope when the new EDD updates, it will be in my hopeful timeline of March or after.

I love the Tesla ordering experience - however, I wish the EDDs were more predicatable. I wouldn’t have placed me order yet had I known it was a real possibility of getting the car so many months prior to the first or even second EDD :/ nonetheless, still can’t wait to take delivery and if it becomes available again before March, will probably just take it anyway.
You and many others myself included. Consider yourself fortunate

Hello, new here! My 12/31 hold for MY LR (with third row) was changed to 1/5 by Tesla (orig asked for 1/3 hold due to vacation but they at first gave me 12/31). Do I need to push the I'm ready button by then or they will cancel my order? Or will they just auto-release the hold? I ordered in Aug, got VIN maybe late in Nov. Requested hold when EDD moved from Jan to Dec. I could take delivery now, but could also wait in hopes of some updates since have extra cars at home…
Sounds like you’re trying to game the system for whatever reason or another. You asked, so: click I’m Ready when you are truly ready for the car. Simple. Hope they don’t cancel your order since your original order was in August and you already unmatched once though.

No, not gaming system at all. I wouldn't qualify for BBB even if it passes due to income. I could take delivery if they want me to but I'm not necessarily pushing for it (I like the idea of some of the newer 2022 features from waiting). So wondering if Tesla will send me email or text to say hold is off? Sounds like a lot of people on hold are auto-released. BTW, in the August room there are lots of people who never put their cars on hold, still waiting some with EDDs getting pushed to spring ... so don't think the order date of August means that much.

Reactions: mrmtb
That is odd, most of us had our holds removed but if I am reading correctly your hold was pushed out. Was your hold ever released with a tbd Edd or did the hold page remain and the date simply changed?
Randomly checked and was just changed from 12/31 to 1/5. Hold was never released as far as I know. (I did initially ask for a Jan hold and was given 12/31). Sounds like Tesla will release my hold automatically any day now. Guess will start getting ready so not too surprised when it happens!

Weird my car is back on hold with no release date. It was showing prepare for delivery earlier today with EDD TBD.
1640990995472.png