Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order on hold until March, email today order will be cancelled?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted last week that Tesla said I needed to confirm my order by Dec 6, that I had ordered on May 10 but put on hold in September.

I told Tesla that I'll take the car on Dec 6 and they told me to press the "I'm Ready" blue button on my account, as Tesla would not let me keep my order unless I did that myself. So I pressed the button and it says I need to complete everything on the Tesla App (first time I've ever had to do that, as I've always completed my orders on their website).

I forgot about this and just looked in my App today and it says EDD is 12/15 - 12/31. Not sure why would have me jumping ahead of others when I was at the back of the line, but whatever. I would've liked, and expected, to see maybe a May-June EDD. I'll plan on letting this play out to see what happens and if I ultimately lose my $100 order fee, then so be it.

When I lift my hold on Dec. 1st, got assigned VIN in a few minutes, got prompt to schedule delievery two days late, Order place in 2019
That’s quick. What‘s your build and location?

I received the cancellation email November 24 (believe it was the first batch), originally put it on hold because I was waiting on the CVAP grant. Realized pricing would still be cheaper without it so emailed back immediately to take it off hold same day.

Original order date: March '21
EDD been sitting at March 21 - April 18
White/White/ 20" Induction
Mine’s similar: Black/White/SoCal, Ordered 2020, EDD March

I posted last week that Tesla said I needed to confirm my order by Dec 6, that I had ordered on May 10 but put on hold in September.

I told Tesla that I'll take the car on Dec 6 and they told me to press the "I'm Ready" blue button on my account, as Tesla would not let me keep my order unless I did that myself. So I pressed the button and it says I need to complete everything on the Tesla App (first time I've ever had to do that, as I've always completed my orders on their website).

I forgot about this and just looked in my App today and it says EDD is 12/15 - 12/31. Not sure why would have me jumping ahead of others when I was at the back of the line, but whatever. I would've liked, and expected, to see maybe a May-June EDD. I'll plan on letting this play out to see what happens and if I ultimately lose my $100 order fee, then so be it.
Interesting. What’s your build? You’re also in SoCal like me and the quote above, we both have a March EDD

Did anyone no comply to terms of the cancelation email and let cancel date elapse? Wondering if Tesla if really canceling orders or just trying to push end of quarter order numbers. Crazy some people had orders on hold since 2020 and some people ordered this past summer and are getting the same threats of cancelation. I think 6 months is a reasonable maximum hold time and should be honored but up to two years on hold is pretty crazy. Seems like the Tesla dreamers have ruined it for the seroius buyers.

Did anyone no comply to terms of the cancelation email and let cancel date elapse? Wondering if Tesla if really canceling orders or just trying to push end of quarter order numbers. Crazy some people had orders on hold since 2020 and some people ordered this past summer and are getting the same threats of cancelation. I think 6 months is a reasonable maximum hold time and should be honored but up to two years on hold is pretty crazy. Seems like the Tesla dreamers have ruined it for the seroius buyers.
They did cancel at least one person's order that I saw. I ordered 8/28 and asked for a 60 day hold in November which lasted 30 days before I got cancellation email. My EDD is still Feb-Mar so can't complain.

Ive been emailing back and forth to Tesla about the email cancelation letter and they just sent one back to me saying Tesla is not allowing any holds going into the new year 2022 and orders will be canceled. I assume this is even if you did not receive the cancelation letter. Maybe they will automatically remove all holds on 12/31 and put everyone in the queue.

My EDD changed to TBD (Delivery timing will be available soon) overnight.
We had a March EDD and then about 4 weeks ago it changed to TBD. We were checking daily assuming we would get a VIN assignment imminently but nothing until a couple of days ago when it went to "on hold". We didn't ask for it to be put on hold so I have no idea why it did. The only thing I can think of is that I made a comment to our SA about 3 months ago that we would not be available after Dec 15th for delivery. Maybe he put a note in our file to put us on hold in December if it couldn't be delivered by Dec 15th? I guess we will now be at the back of the line.

We had a March EDD and then about 4 weeks ago it changed to TBD. We were checking daily assuming we would get a VIN assignment imminently but nothing until a couple of days ago when it went to "on hold". We didn't ask for it to be put on hold so I have no idea why it did. The only thing I can think of is that I made a comment to our SA about 3 months ago that we would not be available after Dec 15th for delivery. Maybe he put a note in our file to put us on hold in December if it couldn't be delivered by Dec 15th? I guess we will now be at the back of the line.

That is very interesting. I hope that is not the case for me since I ideally would've like the car this year. I had also had a March 21-April 18 EDD once I took my order off the hold. Checked this morning and it changed to TBD.

I texted a number at the Burbank delivery center that has helped me put my order on hold (not my SA, mine has been MIA ever since I placed my order) on Tuesday saying I took it off hold and was wondering the possibilities of getting a car this year. They just responded with "if we are able to expedite production and get you the car sooner, we will let you know."

Ive been emailing back and forth to Tesla about the email cancelation letter and they just sent one back to me saying Tesla is not allowing any holds going into the new year 2022 and orders will be canceled. I assume this is even if you did not receive the cancelation letter. Maybe they will automatically remove all holds on 12/31 and put everyone in the queue.
No, I don't think they are bluffing. They want stale orders off of their books. If you don't respond as asked to, they will cancel the order like they say they will. They aren’t going to force someone to buy a car, they will just cancel the stale order.

I tend to agree. Some people have cars on order that at $10k cheaper then todays prices. My order is $5k less and I ordered in august. Tesla would surely cancel orders and be happy to refund $100 to save 10k on a car that people are waiting for well into 2022 and paying todays prices.

That is very interesting. I hope that is not the case for me since I ideally would've like the car this year. I had also had a March 21-April 18 EDD once I took my order off the hold. Checked this morning and it changed to TBD.

I texted a number at the Burbank delivery center that has helped me put my order on hold (not my SA, mine has been MIA ever since I placed my order) on Tuesday saying I took it off hold and was wondering the possibilities of getting a car this year. They just responded with "if we are able to expedite production and get you the car sooner, we will let you know."
Judging by the last few quarters it seems that the end of the quarter most vehicles are delivered in or near the California area to get vehicles to customers quicker. I would assume east coast deliveries will be much slower the next two weeks.

Reactions: mwdietertg
A lot of people will be fairly happy and pleased if the BBB bill passes after all of this "hold" and "cancellation" fiasco. I too enjoy stating the obvious 😉.

I guess all shall be revealed over the next month or two. Still don't see why people are bitter about others trying to save money if a potential opportunity presents itself like the BBB bill did.

My EDD changed to TBD (Delivery timing will be available soon) overnight.

My estimated date has been TBD for 2-3 weeks now, never received a date since getting the ultimatum email from Tesla. I have an order from 2020. No idea what’s going on, willing to take car whenever but traveling soon internationally so prepared just lose it at this point - no response from Tesla at all.

Reactions: Terminator857