Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order on hold until March, email today order will be cancelled?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received this email

Screenshot_20211130-162247_Email.jpg

I have been on Hold , Hold released, on hold.... a total of about 10 days on Hold....but I'm concerned my order can be cancelled....so
I think I will click the blue "I'm Ready" but just curious...

Anyone knows about the Cancellation terms in the Order Agreement ??? Can't find it...

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Yea I feel like there’s a high likelihood your order gets cancelled from everything I heard. There was someone on another thread on here who got his model y order cancelled because he extended the hold even though it said December 2nd was the last date he had to act.
Either way, good luck, just know there’s a little risk in your decision.
My order is not on hold I have an EDD, the gentleman just mentioned there is a note on my account that says I cannot take delivery until January. I am not sure if that gets respected given it seems like the system is automated.

Attachments

• 49064CB1-3CA3-4252-8367-39DECEF70F82.jpeg
    49064CB1-3CA3-4252-8367-39DECEF70F82.jpeg
    388.7 KB · Views: 70
Honestly I feel like only chance us old order date people have is the car falling off the semi during delivery... lol. Still will be happy/excited to get my car this month if it ends up happening.
the other wild card would be build quality. If the VIN tendered didn't pass your inspection for a valid reason or two, would Tesla then allocate another VIN later, or cancel your order anyway?

My hold expires 12/1 (tomorrow), but I just had to check tonight (11/30). My account shows no hold, states "Prepare for delivery" with a EDD of "TBD Delivery timing will be available soon". My credit offer expired. I wonder if that is holding things up. I haven't researched rates in months.

That's a good question- anyone out there with this Experience?
This is again another point I discussed with the manager at the store... haha. Yea he said if theres MAJOR defects that they cant fix then yea it would be on Tesla to get you a new car. I just feel like the chances of that happening are pretty low. Most of the minor panel gaps and stuff they can fix on the spot.

• Helpful
Reactions: AprilMay
Does anyone know how it works in Texas or other states where you are required to submit payment prior to taking delivery? Does the payment date or delivery date count as the sales date? With January approaching this will have implications for those of us who are trying to take delivery in January.

Reactions: doozenberg
So I have read multiple different things in regards to time to pick up car once VIN is assigned. I have OD of 9/22 and my most recent EDD 12/1-12/29. Is it true you have 30 days to take delivery of your car once VIN is assigned? I am going to be out of town for holidays and work all of December but want to take delivery on Jan 2 once I return. Will this be an option or will I be required to wait for another car with my spec once Jan 2 passes? I have a slightly less common config, MYP Blue/black/5 seat/ Tow/no FSD

Anyone knows about the Cancellation terms in the Order Agreement ??? Can't find it...
The cancellation term is on page 3.
“Tesla and its affiliates sell cars directly to end-consumers, and we may unilaterally cancel any order that we believe has been made with a view toward resale of the Vehicle or that has otherwise been made in bad faith. We may also cancel your order and refund your Order Fee if we discontinued a product, feature or option after the time you place your order or if we determine that you are acting in bad faith.”

So it come down to what is qualify as “bad faith”

So I have read multiple different things in regards to time to pick up car once VIN is assigned. I have OD of 9/22 and my most recent EDD 12/1-12/29. Is it true you have 30 days to take delivery of your car once VIN is assigned? I am going to be out of town for holidays and work all of December but want to take delivery on Jan 2 once I return. Will this be an option or will I be required to wait for another car with my spec once Jan 2 passes? I have a slightly less common config, MYP Blue/black/5 seat/ Tow/no FSD

This is my experience from a few months ago:
Once your car is ready they send you a pick up date and you have 3 days from that date to pick up.

When I inquired with the Manager about delaying the order he stated that if I don’t pick up or cant pay, it will go to the next person and I would move to the end of the line or the order gets cancelled if I am unable to pick it up twice (if Vin was assigned again after missing the first pick up period).

Not sure about how it is now though.

• Informative
This is my experience from a few months ago:
Once your car is ready they send you a pick up date and you have 3 days from that date to pick up.

When I inquired with the Manager about delaying the order he stated that if I don’t pick up or cant pay, it will go to the next person and I would move to the end of the line or the order gets cancelled if I am unable to pick it up twice (if Vin was assigned again after missing the first pick up period).

Not sure about how it is now though.
Thanks. I think it is highly inconsiderate of Tesla to only give 3 days for you to accept when they don’t hold true to any set dates themselves. People can’t always come down at the drop of a hat to pick something up. And you shouldn’t be bumped down the list if that 3 day window doesn’t fit in your schedule

This is again another point I discussed with the manager at the store... haha. Yea he said if theres MAJOR defects that they cant fix then yea it would be on Tesla to get you a new car. I just feel like the chances of that happening are pretty low. Most of the minor panel gaps and stuff they can fix on the spot.
Soooo u want issues that cant be fixed? Do U not want the car? I’m confused