Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order on hold until March, email today order will be cancelled?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to clarify, are you one of those people who got the original Tesla email asking to take your order off hold by Dec 6 or have it cancelled? Because if you weren't, then your well meaning advice above is probably not applicable to those who got that email because it looks like folks in this situation are having their orders automatically cancelled if the order gets put back on hold (even if an SA thinks it should be fine). Just wanted to bring this up to avoid people being caught out by this advice.
I am.
Screenshot_20211204-104002_Gmail.jpg
Screenshot_20211204-104955_Messages.jpgScreenshot_20211203-165255_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
You're playing with fire here, but I'd be interested to see what happens tbh. Keep us posted if the order gets cancelled or not. From what the manager at the store told me, their systems will be doing periodic sweeps if you were one of the ones that got the 'final chance' e-mail, and if they see your order is back on hold its an auto cancel (unless it was a bluff on their end, but who knows).

Tell them you are not available to take delivery in December, then ask them to hold (your order not the VIN) until January or when you think you'll be ready.

I did just that and Tesla did not cancel my order - they even extended hold for 30 days.

Accepting the VIN in the system, going thru delivery, and then rejecting it at that time just gonna waste time and resources.

Just to clarify, are you one of those people who got the original Tesla email asking to take your order off hold by Dec 6 or have it cancelled? Because if you weren't, then your well meaning advice above is probably not applicable to those who got that email because it looks like folks in this situation are having their orders automatically cancelled if the order gets put back on hold (even if an SA thinks it should be fine). Just wanted to bring this up to avoid people being caught out by this advice.
I didn't get that email as my hold expired on 12/1. My order is from the end of June and they already told me this would be my last hold. My EDD has moved to the last two weeks of December and I'll be out of town for one of the weeks. I was going to wait until they reached out to explain my holiday vacation. My EDD already moved back 5 days yesterday.

I didn't get that email as my hold expired on 12/1. My order is from the end of June and they already told me this would be my last hold. My EDD has moved to the last two weeks of December and I'll be out of town for one of the weeks. I was going to wait until they reached out to explain my holiday vacation. My EDD already moved back 5 days yesterday.
I hope my EDD gets pushed back, I'm a M3 SR with a Feb. order date. I took it off hold and the EDD showed March to April, then showed Dec 5-15 2 days after. Still no VIN yet so that's good for me sorta.

Thanks. Good luck! Hope it works out for you. I'm curious to see how this plays out because it sounds like at least a few folks have had their orders cancelled after establishing a new hold.
So curious whether anyone who got the "last chance" email really had his order cancelled after establishing a new hold. Is Tesla playing games with older orders to push as many ppl as they can to take deliveries? This unclear situation just makes me frustrated.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
So curious whether anyone who got the "last chance" email really had his order cancelled after establishing a new hold. Is Tesla playing games with older orders to push as many ppl as they can to take deliveries? This unclear situation just makes me frustrated.
Yes. See:

You're playing with fire here, but I'd be interested to see what happens tbh. Keep us posted if the order gets cancelled or not. From what the manager at the store told me, their systems will be doing periodic sweeps if you were one of the ones that got the 'final chance' e-mail, and if they see your order is back on hold its an auto cancel (unless it was a bluff on their end, but who knows).
I called the delivery center. I simply said I can not take delivery at this time (EDD 6-16Dec) and asked to put it on hold until early January. I even said that they can cancel the order if they can not hold it again.

She said, "let me see a few things here", referring to my account in their system - I guess.

She got back on the phone maybe 30 seconds later...then she said they'll put the order on hold until 5 January.
The VIN disappeared and 5 Jan hold showed up on my account.

I won't be surprised if it gets cancelled tho. I'll keep you guys posted.

I called the delivery center. I simply said I can not take delivery at this time (EDD 6-16Dec) and asked to put it on hold until early January. I even said that they can cancel the order if they can not hold it again.

She said, "let me see a few things here", referring to my account in their system - I guess.

She got back on the phone maybe 30 seconds later...then she said they'll put the order on hold until 5 January.

Is your order older than 6 months?

Yes. Placed January 12, 2021.
I'm guessing, but I think another factor in Tesla's decision on cancelling the order may also be the configuration in question.
I have a very generic, most popular, white/blk/no-opt MY order and the VIN is easily re-assigned.
When they petitioned me in November, I explained my situation and hold was extended to 12/31.
I also explained that my order is legit, I am planning on accepting a vehicle, and financing is secured (again).
Who knows if that will keep, but part of the conversation included them saying 'it's easily reassigned, lots of same orders'.
I'd prefer of course to keep my Holiday schedule and take delivery in January, but I'm game for it either way.

I'm guessing, but I think another factor in Tesla's decision on cancelling the order may also be the configuration in question.
I have a very generic, most popular, white/blk/no-opt MY order and the VIN is easily re-assigned.
When they petitioned me in November, I explained my situation and hold was extended to 12/31.
I also explained that my order is legit, I am planning on accepting a vehicle, and financing is secured (again).
Who knows if that will keep, but part of the conversation included them saying 'it's easily reassigned, lots of same orders'.
I'd prefer of course to keep my Holiday schedule and take delivery in January, but I'm game for it either way.
For data point, my order is MYP Black Black Tow No FSD.

The common denominator between you and I - we actually talked to a person vs sending an email/text to ask for an extension. Or, we may just have a nice Tesla person on the other end.

Too risky.... I would take delivery....

For data point, my order is MYP Black Black Tow No FSD.

The common denominator between you and I - we actually talked to a person vs sending an email/text to ask for an extension. Or, we may just have a nice Tesla person on the other end.
Agreed - I went to the SC and spoke to my SA in person.
I have also been checking in with them periodically without bending their ears about EDD crap. They've heard plenty of it.

Yes. See:
Thanks. I am the one who received the "last chance" Email and was put on hold again. But today I got a message saying that my reservation will be canceled.