Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order on hold until March, email today order will be cancelled?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla will never cancel your order. Dont trust what people are saying here. We have 3 cars in my family on hold since last june and only one (mine) was released from hold and still waiting for vin.. Other 2 are still on hold even after receiving 2 cancellation emails.After talking to many people at local Tesla store they confirmed no order was cancelled ever by Tesla

Is it possible put a demo on hold? I get txts every 2 hours from a 510 number asking to accept delivery.
No. It used to be you could put a hold on inventory orders (demos, etc) but that has stopped according to posts here. You can always ask your SA though.

Mine was allowed in Oct because I had found a M3SR+ and MYLR within the same week off the inventory and was only going to purchase one. I expected the other order to be canceled but the SA put it on hold instead.

No. It used to be you could put a hold on inventory orders (demos, etc) but that has stopped according to posts here. You can always ask your SA though.

Mine was allowed in Oct because I had found a M3SR+ and MYLR within the same week off the inventory and was only going to purchase one. I expected the other order to be canceled but the SA put it on hold instead.
How long was the hold?

Tesla will never cancel your order. Dont trust what people are saying here. We have 3 cars in my family on hold since last june and only one (mine) was released from hold and still waiting for vin.. Other 2 are still on hold even after receiving 2 cancellation emails.After talking to many people at local Tesla store they confirmed no order was cancelled ever by Tesla
Keep us posted if your orders remain on hold after 12/31. Email I received said Tesla will no longer let hold orders carry into the new year. SA at my local store said they believe all hold orders will become released for vin assignments on 1/1/22.

My friend logged into this account and still sees the Demo RN in his account. Even though the SA threatened to cancel, it's still shows. Will Tesla auto cancel?

VIN still assigned? SA kept my VIN assigned to me (on the M3SR after I bought the demo MYLR) while looking for another local order…. Throwing it back into the pool means somebody new can grab it.

The RN order should be on hold after VIN is unassigned. If not… who knows.