Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order Process for FSD Transfer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have delivery scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. Still no FSD transfer or updated invoice to reflect removal of $15000. Finally just went to a local credit union for financing based on my own math bc Tesla is dragging their feet to update the invoice. But no MVPA in the account to release loan funds (only MVOA). Not looking good for pick up tomorrow. I’ve bugged them daily only to get generic replies. Indeed this is not for the faint of heart!

What were the other offers?
That sounds like a trade-in bait and switch.

My initial trade-in quote was $30k for my 2018 P3D with FSD (as of a few days ago). I haven’t proceeded further but if they’re going to drop it by $10k on the actual trade-in, due to removing FSD, what’s the point of the FSD transfer “offer?”
My initial estimate from Tesla for my 2020 LR Model y was 35.2K. My firm offer (after submitting pics and answering more questions) was 34.7K ( a lot better than we expected). CarMax was 35.0K and KBB was 35.1K. We're going with CarMax or KBB

Have delivery scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. Still no FSD transfer or updated invoice to reflect removal of $15000. Finally just went to a local credit union for financing based on my own math bc Tesla is dragging their feet to update the invoice. But no MVPA in the account to release loan funds (only MVOA). Not looking good for pick up tomorrow. I’ve bugged them daily only to get generic replies. Indeed this is not for the faint of heart!
I'm in the same situation (delivery on Sunday) so please keep us posted on when you get the transfer done and when the $15K credit shows up. thx

I received the FSD transfer form, and it mentions it can't be combined with any other offer. Does this cover referrals? Since they won't transfer FSD back to the old car, even if you cancel or they remove it afterwards, that would be a 15k hit.
It does allow referrals. I referred myself and I got $500 off and I'm supposed to get 10,000 points. But, yes, once the FSD gets removed from your Tesla, it's gone for good unless you get it transferred to a new Tesla before 9/30. I sort of wanted a 7 seat Y, but I settled for a 5 seater because I was worried about not being able to get the 7 seater before 9/30.

It does allow referrals. I referred myself and I got $500 off and I'm supposed to get 10,000 points. But, yes, once the FSD gets removed from your Tesla, it's gone for good unless you get it transferred to a new Tesla before 9/30. I sort of wanted a 7 seat Y, but I settled for a 5 seater because I was worried about not being able to get the 7 seater before 9/30.
Refer yourself (loyalty benefit) could only get the $500 off but not the 10000 credit. This is what I was told & what I experienced. Let me know if you indeed get the 10000 credit? That would be amazing and I can try to argue with the sales for that.

Not sure this will work but here is what I'm doing cause I'm confused on the Financing process. I'm going through Tesla and transferring FSD. I'm trading in my Model 3.

So for a down payment I put zero. And I got approved for like over 60k but My math says the loan should be more around low 40s.

I'm going to assume they (TESLA) will have the bank cut a check to them that is the correct amount after the FSD transfer comes off and the trade in final number. Anyone been through this part yet?

I'm in the same situation (delivery on Sunday) so please keep us posted on when you get the transfer done and when the $15K credit shows up. thx
Just received a text saying “We have reached out to our documents team to ask them to adjust the fees on your order and this should be adjusted over the next couple hours. We have also sent your trade in for final approval from our trade in team so we can generate that MVPA.”

Still no FSD transfer yet. ~30 hrs till delivery.

Just received a text saying “We have reached out to our documents team to ask them to adjust the fees on your order and this should be adjusted over the next couple hours. We have also sent your trade in for final approval from our trade in team so we can generate that MVPA.”

Still no FSD transfer yet. ~30 hrs till delivery.
Thanks, I have my fingers crossed for you (and me).

I still haven't received anything on the FSD Transfer (EDD - Aug 10/17). I won't get too concerned until I get a delivery day, because I'm not taking it without the transfer.
Does that mean if your delivery date is after September 30, 2023 you can refuse delivery and cancel the order? I am thinking about buying a new Model Y LR and selling or trading in my 2018 Model 3 LR AWD w/ FSD. When I bought the M3 in October, 2018, I was charged $5000 for advanced Autopilot, and then another $3000 for FSD. This thread says after transfer, the Model 3 will be left with "Basic" autopilot. What happened to the $5000 I paid for advanced Autopilot?

Does that mean if your delivery date is after September 30, 2023 you can refuse delivery and cancel the order? I am thinking about buying a new Model Y LR and selling or trading in my 2018 Model 3 LR AWD w/ FSD. When I bought the M3 in October, 2018, I was charged $5000 for advanced Autopilot, and then another $3000 for FSD. This thread says after transfer, the Model 3 will be left with "Basic" autopilot. What happened to the $5000 I paid for advanced Autopilot?
It's gone. The $8K you paid for EAP&FSD now cost $15K. So they're allowing you to transfer that FSD Capability. You could try and sell your 2018 M3, but the FSD capability isn't worth much on the open market and then you'll have to pay $15K to replace it on a new Tesla.

Sept 30th is the cut off, but also likely they may allow a few in if close to delivery but you can't count on it. If you cancel before the FSD transfers off your existing car you are only out the $250 order fee.

The FSD transfer takes both the EAP and FSD off your existing car and puts them on the new car. The old car is left with standard AP.

I would be curious knowing the percentage of Tesla with FSD?
Especially older Model 3 with FSD consideing getting a Modl Y?

I read that there was only about 10% of Tesla having FSD.

If this is the case, the number of Tesla owners
- in the market for a new Tesla and
- consideing taking advantage of the FSD transfer
might not be that hudge?

I would be curious knowing the percentage of Tesla with FSD?
Especially older Model 3 with FSD consideing getting a Modl Y?

I read that there was only about 10% of Tesla having FSD.

If this is the case, the number of Tesla owners
- in the market for a new Tesla and
- consideing taking advantage of the FSD transfer
might not be that hudge?
That’s exactly me! Had a 2018 Model 3 with FSD and have wanted a Y for a long time, but didn’t want to lose the FSD and have to buy again. I always said that if they let us transfer it, I would immediately buy a Y. I did that 2 days after it was announced and picked up my inventory Y last Friday just 7 days after ordering it.

Reactions: Pricedm
That’s exactly me! Had a 2018 Model 3 with FSD and have wanted a Y for a long time, but didn’t want to lose the FSD and have to buy again. I always said that if they let us transfer it, I would immediately buy a Y. I did that 2 days after it was announced and picked up my inventory Y last Friday just 7 days after ordering it.
Congrats! Did it have HW4 and what was digits 1-3 of the last six digits (eg 844XXX) of the VIN?

Congrats! Did it have HW4 and what was digits 1-3 of the last six digits (eg 844XXX) of the VIN?
Yes…I confirmed HW4 before putting in the order. All new Y’s are getting HW4 now. The remaining HW3 inventory vehicles had big discounts (at least last week) and most of those weren’t even on the website. We found them on the internal Tesla inventory list while I was in the showroom. I’m 830XXX. It was built July 3rd.