Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered a Model X 60D, invoiced for 75D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone,

I've ordered a Model X 60D back in August and chose to have it delivered in January 2017. I just received an invoice for my order and they changed it to a 75D (there's a substantial increase in price). I will call up the sales department today, any advice on how to approach the topic in case they're not willing to deliver me the exact car I've ordered?

I've attached the initial invoice received in August and one I've received yesterday. I've been reading the forums here for a while and understand there is a compulsory increase for the enhanced autopilot which I'm fine with, as long as everything else stays as ordered. As you might notice they've also changed the color from titanium metallic to black :/

Many thanks,
Paul

Attachments

• IMG_1281.PNG
    IMG_1281.PNG
    127.1 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1282.PNG
    IMG_1282.PNG
    194.2 KB · Views: 71
They aren't making Titanium Metallic cars any more, or X60Ds.

I would have hoped for more direct communication when they stopped producing your options, but at this point they can't give you the car you originally ordered - today, let alone in January.

I imagine you would have been upset if they'd built it last month to your spec and set it aside until January, too. I'm not sure they have a right answer here.

Talk to the DS, see what your options are. If nothing else, they should be able to refund your deposit under the circumstances.

Did you place your deposit in August?

We confirmed our white 60d in August and delayed delivery until December, our configuration hasn't changed.

I spoke with my DS when the discontinued white and he assured me we'd still get the car we ordered

All about communication. Not cool that this happened.
Really, how can folks delay delivery at their whim and expect nothing to change over time. But, communication from the manufacturer is required

I still have my Solid white MX 60D with an accessory hitch coming to me with a December delivery, being built now. They are still giving me what I ordered (except for enhanced AP which I opted in for). Maybe after a certain date they are no longer selling the MX 60D? Not sure.

The color I could possibly see being an issue. However, the 60 battery shouldn't be an issue. Yes, its not offered anymore, but it should only be a software change as the 60 is just a software locked 75 battery. I would push back more on that one.

I thought I read elsewhere that some people had a X60D quote, and they paid their deposit after the X60D option was removed. The order was automatically converted to a X75D. (Since the X60D didn't exist anymore, and was only honored if the deposit was made prior to the option being removed.)

That shouldn't be the case here since they dropped the X60D in October, and this order was placed in August.