TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Ordered a Model X 60D, invoiced for 75D

Discussion in 'Model X' started by PaulJohn, Nov 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. PaulJohn

PaulJohn Member

Hey everyone,

I've ordered a Model X 60D back in August and chose to have it delivered in January 2017. I just received an invoice for my order and they changed it to a 75D (there's a substantial increase in price). I will call up the sales department today, any advice on how to approach the topic in case they're not willing to deliver me the exact car I've ordered?

I've attached the initial invoice received in August and one I've received yesterday. I've been reading the forums here for a while and understand there is a compulsory increase for the enhanced autopilot which I'm fine with, as long as everything else stays as ordered. As you might notice they've also changed the color from titanium metallic to black :/

Many thanks,
    Paul

Attached Files:

2. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

They aren't making Titanium Metallic cars any more, or X60Ds.

I would have hoped for more direct communication when they stopped producing your options, but at this point they can't give you the car you originally ordered - today, let alone in January.

I imagine you would have been upset if they'd built it last month to your spec and set it aside until January, too. I'm not sure they have a right answer here.

Talk to the DS, see what your options are. If nothing else, they should be able to refund your deposit under the circumstances.

3. Gregkeys

Gregkeys Member

Did you place your deposit in August?

We confirmed our white 60d in August and delayed delivery until December, our configuration hasn't changed.

I spoke with my DS when the discontinued white and he assured me we'd still get the car we ordered

4. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

All about communication. Not cool that this happened.
    Really, how can folks delay delivery at their whim and expect nothing to change over time. But, communication from the manufacturer is required

5. rainforest

rainforest Member

Where is this invoice from? Is it from the MyTesla site?

You got me worried because I also ordered in August and requested delivery in February to ensure 2017 model year. Let me know what your DS says.

6. martinicus

martinicus Member

I still have my Solid white MX 60D with an accessory hitch coming to me with a December delivery, being built now. They are still giving me what I ordered (except for enhanced AP which I opted in for). Maybe after a certain date they are no longer selling the MX 60D? Not sure.

7. Zaphod

Zaphod Galaxy President (former)

The color I could possibly see being an issue. However, the 60 battery shouldn't be an issue. Yes, its not offered anymore, but it should only be a software change as the 60 is just a software locked 75 battery. I would push back more on that one.

8. rainforest

rainforest Member

I just checked MyTesla, and my order still says 60D. Hasn't changed to 75D.

9. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

I thought I read elsewhere that some people had a X60D quote, and they paid their deposit after the X60D option was removed. The order was automatically converted to a X75D. (Since the X60D didn't exist anymore, and was only honored if the deposit was made prior to the option being removed.)

That shouldn't be the case here since they dropped the X60D in October, and this order was placed in August.