Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered European LR AWD without using reservation, does it matter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When the prices got updated last week, I figured I'd finally order a LR AWD Model 3 (in the EU) since I had been close to doing so for a while now. The Tesla web page was having problems due to all the traffic after the recent announcements, and I couldn't log in to my account. But after refreshing a bit I was finally able to order. Great.

Next day, I realized being unable to login meant, of course, I didn't use my 2016 reservation to order. So now I have two Model 3's listed on my account! One is for the reservation, the other is the actual order. Facepalm.

Called the Tesla sales rep, they said they'll take care of the extra one next week. I asked if this will affect the delivery date in any way, and he said it shouldn't at this point anymore.

I was just wondering if anyone has had any conflicting experience about that (reservation affecting delivery at this point in the EU).

Looking at the Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet, certainly seems like maybe just being a bit lucky is more important than your reservation status? Looks like there have been quick deliveries without a reservation, and yet some reservation holders are still waiting.

It's still not 72 hours, so technically I could cancel the order itself I guess and make a new one, but it seems like a completely stupid extra mess to cause if it makes no difference.

Thanks for any thoughts on this!

As a side note, I think the 72h limit isn't a thing in the EU. At least the Finnish contract states if you're a consumer and placed the order via Internet or phone, you can cancel the order 14 days after delivery (!), which I guess is because that's the standard consumer protection for Internet purchases. Pretty funny yet awesome to see that on a car contract!