Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordering from Aliexpress

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone has experience with AliExpress orders? I ordered a couple of accessories/parts from them. The second order ordered 6 days after the 1st order already got to US while the 1st order got stuck at "Arrived at line hual office"...

1st order: - Ordered on Jan 30th, 2023
2023-02-06 21:55 Arrived at linehual office

2nd order: -> Ordered on Feb 5th, 2023
Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
GRAND PRAIRIE, TX 75050

Anyone has experience with AliExpress orders? I ordered a couple of accessories/parts from them. The second order ordered 6 days after the 1st order already got to US while the 1st order got stuck at "Arrived at line hual office"...

GRAND PRAIRIE, TX 75050

I ordered various items from AliExpress, basically I shop on Amazon.com and then if I'm not in a hurry,
I try looking at AliExpress to see if I can get cheaper, for small items it's often 10x cheaper!!!

Depending of the seller, it seems that some items get shipped in a bulk to a warehouse in US,
and then get FedEx locally, and this is often very fast.

While other items get shipped immediatly as a single parcel, but get hold at the US custom,
sometime for a week, And then get transferred to the USPS Post Office which don't have an
efficient delivery and tracking system, so eventually you have to go to your local branch
after finding a notice card in your mail box.

Reactions: charlesoris
I ordered various items from AliExpress, basically I shop on Amazon.com and then if I'm not in a hurry,
I try looking at AliExpress to see if I can get cheaper, for small items it's often 10x cheaper!!!

Depending of the seller, it seems that some items get shipped in a bulk to a warehouse in US,
and then get FedEx locally, and this is often very fast.

While other items get shipped immediatly as a single parcel, but get hold at the US custom,
sometime for a week, And then get transferred to the USPS Post Office which don't have an
efficient delivery and tracking system, so eventually you have to go to your local branch
after finding a notice card in your mail box.
I had ordered 19" wheel covers and other small items. Every time, it would take 3-4 weeks for items to be delivered.

GRAND PRAIRIE, TX 75050
3-5 weeks is the norm to receive AliExpress items. You may not see movement on an item for 7-14 days, depending on customs, the item, if its a holiday in China or the US. If you get something faster than 3 weeks, consider yourself lucky.

AliExpress is a game of patience. I've been ordering from them for years for all kinds of items. I've only once had an item lost and should I need a refund for wrong or damaged items, I've always gotten one.

Reactions: TesLEEZ
I've ordered stuff from Aliexpress. Like others have said, 3-5 weeks is normal to ship from China. I only order from there if it's significantly cheaper. Otherwise I'll check Amazon and Ebay. Many times on ebay, it'll state USA warehouse, which ships faster for the same item.

If I can wait that long, I just order directly from manufacturer through alibaba. Ali express is usually full of resellers who order from Ali Baba anyway and then put a large markup on the top.
And then we see the HUGE markup from US based sites of those exact same products! Those 19" hubcaps for the MY can be had for around $110 on Alibaba, but go for almost $400 on (I won't name the US based websites), but you know who they are. Crazy!

Reactions: charlesoris