Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oregon EV Rebate turnaround time frame

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This will probably apply to a small number of posters, but just curious. I mailed my Oregon EV Rebate application, the last phase application at the end of December. I was curious if anyone has received their check yet? There isn't much on the turnaround time frame and when I emailed they basically said they process them as they're received. I assume they've received it by now at least.

This will probably apply to a small number of posters, but just curious. I mailed my Oregon EV Rebate application, the last phase application at the end of December. I was curious if anyone has received their check yet? There isn't much on the turnaround time frame and when I emailed they basically said they process them as they're received. I assume they've received it by now at least.
I was told they start working on them approximately the month before your purchase. We got 2 EV's in March 2018 so I would except to get more info sometime next month (Feb 2019). I should mention I did the phase 1 application online in March 2018 as well. I am speaking to phase 2 application portion timeline estimate.

Last edited:
Wow, you already received your 2nd phase application? I was informed they would email it to those that submitted the Phase 1 application. When did they email it to you and when did you purchase your Model 3? I still haven't received my phase 2 application so now wondering if they missed me.

Wow, you already received your 2nd phase application? I was informed they would email it to those that submitted the Phase 1 application. When did they email it to you and when did you purchase your Model 3? I still haven't received my phase 2 application so now wondering if they missed me.
Sorry I probably didn't make it clear. I submitted phase 1 March 2018 for 2 cars. They told me that phase 2 would be sent out approximately the month before my 2018 purchase (since I did March 2018 it I should get phase 2 app sent to me Feb 2019). Hope that makes more sense.

I filled out Phase 1 in Aug 2018. I got notification that the process was moving forward and I would get the Phase 2 application emailed soon. That info was sometime in Dec. I still have not received any more info. They did say they would be processed in the order Phase 1 was received.

Reactions: N8Howell33
Sorry I probably didn't make it clear. I submitted phase 1 March 2018 for 2 cars. They told me that phase 2 would be sent out approximately the month before my 2018 purchase (since I did March 2018 it I should get phase 2 app sent to me Feb 2019). Hope that makes more sense.

Oh okay, we're all in the same boat then. I submitted my Phase 1 back in May and received the notification in Dec of Phase 2 being rolled out. Guess we continue to play the waiting game.

Oh okay, we're all in the same boat then. I submitted my Phase 1 back in May and received the notification in Dec of Phase 2 being rolled out. Guess we continue to play the waiting game.
I didn't have to submit a phase 1. I purchased my Model 3 in the middle of December. The application available on the Oregon EV website is the final application phase 1 applicants are waiting to fill out. They stated there is no priority when I emailed and asked so I guess that means I could get my rebate check before those who filled out phase 1, because they're still waiting? I would hope not. It should be in the order they're received, but we'll see.

I figure it may be a couple more weeks before it is mailed out as they did confirm they are processing them now.

Last edited:
Reactions: JWiC

No sales tax AND a state EV credit?! I’m so jealous!!! Stupid WA state... :confused:

• Funny
No sales tax AND a state EV credit?! I’m so jealous!!! Stupid WA state... :confused:

Ironically, this EV credit is funded by a sales tax. Except we can't call it a Sales Tax since this is Oregon. So it is a "Vehicle Privilege Tax".

I paid it when I bought my M3. (so again ironically, the $2500 is less than $2500 since you have to subtract out what you paid in to the system effectively...)

I also filled out my Phase 1 as soon as I got my car on July 3rd. I got the email in December saying Phase 2 instructions would be sent out soon, but crickets since then.

The whole thing seems really poorly conceived.

I didn't have to submit a phase 1. I purchased my Model 3 in the middle of December. The application available on the Oregon EV website is the final application phase 1 applicants are waiting to fill out. They stated there is no priority when I emailed and asked so I guess that means I could get my rebate check before those who filled out phase 1, because they're still waiting? I would hope not. It should be in the order they're received, but we'll see.

I figure it may be a couple more weeks before it is mailed out as they did confirm they are processing them now.

Wait, what....

Just got this today:

Dear Phase 1 Applicant,

Thank you for your participation in the Oregon Clean Vehicle Rebate Program (OCVRP)! Over the last few weeks we have been reorganizing and streamlining our application review and rebate processing system. This email provides an update on the program.

When and how you can expect to receive your Phase 2 Application

You can expect to receive your Phase 2 Application based on the calendar order in which you submitted your Phase 1 Application. We will be batching Phase 1 applicants by month for purposes of delivering Phase 2 Applications. Applicants who submitted their Phase 1 Application in January 2018 were the first batch of applicants to receive their Phase 2 Application. We will deliver your Phase 2 Application by email. The current batching schedule is as follows:

If you submitted your Phase 1 Application sometime between: - We will email your Phase 2 Application on:

January 1 – January 31 - December 13, 2018

February 1 – May 31 - January 29, 2019

June 1 – August 31 - February 28, 2019

September 1 – October 31 - March 28, 2019

November 1 – December 11 - April 29, 2019

website will carry the most current Phase 2 Application for batched, Phase 1 applicants. Please note that we cannot accept e-mailed copies of any Phase 2 Applications or application materials at this time.

What you can expect after mailing in your Phase 2 Application

Upon our receipt of your Phase 2 Application we will send you an email. This email will confirm that we have received your application and that your application is under review. Due to the volume of applicants it may take some time for us to complete our review of your application. Once we have completed our review of your application we will send you a second email to let you know the outcome of our review.

When and how you can expect to receive your Standard Rebate check

We are currently processing rebate checks for approved applicants who submitted their Phase 1 Application in January 2018, and will begin processing rebate checks for approved applicants through May 2018. Once you are an approved applicant, you should receive your check within a few weeks. Standard Rebate checks are sent by mail to the address listed on your Phase 2 Application. Please note thatwe prioritize approved applicants for payment based on the date that they submitted their Phase 1 Application.

Reactions: N8Howell33 and JWiC
we prioritize approved applicants for payment based on the date that they submitted their Phase 1 Application.
man, this part makes me worried that there's a pretty good chance I won't be getting the rebate (submitted Dec 4)

Hmm...OK, when I filled out the papers there was no "Phase 1", it was just one application. I've received confirmation email saying, "We got it and we're working on it." I think they might have rolled up the the whole process into one application at some point.

Hmm...OK, when I filled out the papers there was no "Phase 1", it was just one application. I've received confirmation email saying, "We got it and we're working on it." I think they might have rolled up the the whole process into one application at some point.
I think after 2018 (or some point late in 2018) they pulled the phase 1 application so new purchases just did phase 2. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I think after 2018 (or some point late in 2018) they pulled the phase 1 application so new purchases just did phase 2. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Yep. I work right across the street from the office so I walked over and handed it to the receptionist on Tuesday, Jan 29 and got an email confirmation the next day it was being processed. I never applied for Phase 1 as I purchased mine Dec 1, so just followed the instructions on the website.