Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oregon Superchargers (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped at Springfield. Finished but not turned on, as reported early today. There is also construction on the freeway that blocks its exit so it cost me a precious 4 miles extra of range to backtrack there and get back on the road South. Hotel staff didn't know when it would be connected.

I will add it to PlugShare.

FYI, left Seattle at 11:18am and arrived at the Corning, CA Supercharger at 2:50am, using only Supercharging. Charged at Centralia, Woodburn, Grants Pass, and Corning. Bay Area is an easy shot from here. So the Supercharger highway from Canada to Mexico is at least do-able now.

The long shot from Grants Pass to Corning was the most challenging because of all the hills, so it's not really ready for driving like a regular human being until Mt Shasta is done (it looks done but is not operational). Even Woodburn to Grants Pass required careful driving.

Thanks for the update andyrebele. We are just about to leave for Grants Pass. Google lists from my house to the SC as 187 miles and I could do it in my 60, but probably won't chance it this time. Plus I many need a bit of a lead foot to get to the wedding on time....

Great to hear, andyrebele! Did you happen to take any pictures of Mt. Shasta? I don't think any pics of that have been posted on TMC yet.

I did but it was so late and dark that the photos aren't very good. I just posted one to the California message board:

NorCal Supercharger locations? - Page 6

- - - Updated - - -

Now charging at Grants Pass. 88 kW. Made it from Woodburn on a full charge.

Here's Grants Pass, in use, presumably for the first time (other than Tesla testing it). FYI, the Black Bear Diner was very good.

IMG_20131018_223006.jpg

I will add it to PlugShare.

FYI, left Seattle at 11:18am and arrived at the Corning, CA Supercharger at 2:50am, using only Supercharging. Charged at Centralia, Woodburn, Grants Pass, and Corning. Bay Area is an easy shot from here. So the Supercharger highway from Canada to Mexico is at least do-able now.

The long shot from Grants Pass to Corning was the most challenging because of all the hills, so it's not really ready for driving like a regular human being until Mt Shasta is done (it looks done but is not operational). Even Woodburn to Grants Pass required careful driving.

Very impressive, Andy! Springfield and Mt. Shasta should make that trip much more straightforward in the future.