Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oregon Superchargers (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The original SC map had a dot that was approximately at Detroit Lake. I had no reason to doubt it then but it still seems kind of odd. It's like 68 miles from Woodburn to Detroit. Detroit to Bend is 80 miles - it looks like it would allow a round trip from Portland to Bend.

@andy, no mention of Ellensburg? That's a Fall 2013 location.

We will be in Grants Pass (Gold Hill) this Saturday. I would definitely take the MS if I knew the SC was open. I'll plan on going by for pics in any event, although Andyrebele has been great at updating us.

Interestingly - we were headed north a couple of days ago and entered I5 at the Albany on ramp. Traffic was heavy so I 'floored it' to get ahead of a truck, and of course the MS responded with instant torque. My wife noticed that the truck was trying to catch up to us, and I though I had made them mad, but it turns out is was the crew from ADK that were waving, and pointing to the back of their truck which was loaded with large Tesla marked boxes. (don't know if they were headed to Detroit or coming back from Springfield. Here is the pick of the truck:

IMG_20131011_150208_274 (1).jpg

Interestingly - we were headed north a couple of days ago and entered I5 at the Albany on ramp. Traffic was heavy so I 'floored it' to get ahead of a truck, and of course the MS responded with instant torque. My wife noticed that the truck was trying to catch up to us, and I though I had made them mad, but it turns out is was the crew from ADK that were waving, and pointing to the back of their truck which was loaded with large Tesla marked boxes. (don't know if they were headed to Detroit or coming back from Springfield. Here is the pick of the truck:

Very cool that they flagged YOU down! Those guys have really gotten into the spirit of things.

Coincidentally, on September 5th, on our trip down to San Francisco for the America's Cup, while passing through Portland, OR, we also caught up with an ADK truck just like this one, but without the crates. It was headed south on I-5; we were on our way to stop at Woodburn for the first time, and lost the truck when we pulled off. I mentioned to my wife that they could be headed to another new site further south, but she rolled her eyes indicating "fat chance, you are just obsessed." Well, now it seems likely they were on their way to do the early survey on Springfield. We stopped there on the way back and took and posted the first pictures there, with the survey spray paint on the pavement.

Very cool how we are a crowd-sourced cheering section for these ADK guys, and for Tesla!