Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oregon Superchargers (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes indeedy "ready to issue". Only 77 miles from the Woodburn charger though.

Way too far north to do me any good. I think I can make it from Ellensburg to Woodburn without too much effort (at least there are some J1772s along that route if I get into trouble). I can make it from Woodburn to Canyonville easily. I need to reach Ashland from there though.

Now this is a bit a of a head scratcher. It's awfully close to Woodburn and twice the distance to Ashland (176 miles). Fine for us 85ers and probably ok for a 60. My guess is they had trouble getting agreements farther south. Sutherlin would have been just about perfect. No skipping Springfield if the next one south is Medford (244 miles) or farther.

Springfield OR to Folsom, CA is 494 miles.
We really just need one more will positioned Supercharger at the midpoint for an 85 kwh to be able to make it.
No, and it's not really even close. The mountains eat a significant amount of charge and in weather that's remotely cold you wouldn't make it even driving 55 in the slow lane drafting a truck.

I agree. It's odd.
From a mileage standpoint, Sutherlin and Ashland are much more consistent... though I only took a rough idea of what I remember the terrain to be down there. They must be accounting for expected Tesla traffic in the area and other things we're glossing over.

NOTE, the will be at least two more SCs in Northern Cali (Redding is rumored). I was just commenting on what I heard for OR.

But Ashland would be too far from Springfield, definitely for lowly 60s...
Of course the map has one more north of Roseberg

Well. If Grants Pass is the last one before leaving Oregon, I hope that someone at Tesla has done some test drives during winter months to see how far they can be certain to make it into No. California from Grants Pass. Okay, maybe it's not too bad. I just Googled Siskiyou Pass Elevation and it's only 4311 ft. Range charging an 85 could probably get you to Redding, but it would probably be dubious with a 60.

There are not many good exits with the typical services in Grants Pass. There is a good spot in Phoenix, just south of Medford @ 42°16'53.15"N, 122°49'0.49"W. I also agree that near Sutherlin is a reasonable spot. See 43°23'7.90"N, 123°20'10.36"W, easy access and good services or there is the Elmers restaurant in Roseburg, All good possibilities.

Ok, going back to staring at the map...
The Eugene supercharger should be the Winter 2013 gray dot.
And Grants Pass... I don't know, that's just not there. Seriously, that's almost perfectly half way between the two Fall 2013 dots (red on this Winter 2013 map).
Look at the position of the dot on the map (see the part where I5 nearly goes West-East... the dot is on the right end of that, Grants Pass is on the left end)
Since we have a permit found for Eugene/Springfield I guess this one is credible. But the Grants Pass one I'm doubtful about.
Which leaves us with looking for permits around Roseburg and Ashland.

S-OR-map.png
S-OR-sc.png