Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Orientation for rear Blackvue dash camera

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering if someone can give feedback on the rear dash camera. My install, for rear view camera, on the Blackvue app shows the left image as right and the right as left. In other words, it is exact opposite of what Tesla rearview camera shows.

Before I take this up with the installer, I wanted to check and see if this is how it should be. I have never had a review view dash cam before so don't have a reference point.

Thanks for taking the time to go through the post.

I believe that would be normal. The Tesla rearview camera is used like a mirror, cars on the driver's side are shown on the driver's side of the display. The rear dash camera is displaying a view as if you were facing backward, like the camera. Take the display of that view and turn it around so it's positioned like a rearview mirror and cars on the driver's side of the car are now displayed on the passenger's side of the display. Opposite of what you'd want as a rearview mirror, but correct for the way the camera is facing.

I would think the cam would have a mirror mode to flip things to match the rearview.