Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ottawa Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As can aside, is there an Ottawa-based Ranger yet? The idea being that the ranger could visit owners in the area to complete minor service without the normal fees for ranger travel.

We are expecting one in Quebec City, but the start date has been pushed from June to July, to now "sometime in September."

Last year there was a local sales rep in Ottawa for a while, and they were reportedly "training" a local ranger. The sales rep moved on, and local ranger never appeared.

Ball dropped. THUD.

Followed by crickets. CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP.

Canada's 4th largest city is a huge priority for Tesla.

:rolleyes:

Fortunately my Model S has the "anywhere plan" for another 4 years. I'm a huge Tesla fan but I'm not replacing the S until they have local service.

• Informative
Reactions: Ktowntslafan
I, too, have had a similar experience as @Local host. My DS also ended all communication with me once I drove my car off the lot.

Same DS experience here, the DS can be hard to reach before as well, couldn't justify any good rating for them on the survey even though delivery day can be exciting.. Felt like I bought the cheapest car on the market (other than delivery day).

Anyways, for service I will be driving to Montreal as well, first service + winter tire installation appointment in November.

• Informative
Reactions: Gymee
I was led to believe that if I have an issue with my X, Tesla periodically has 'mobile service' where they could make minor changes in my driveway and if required would rent a garage space where they could perform more involved repairs.

If the X ever became undriveable, they would flat bed it to Montreal and provide me with a loaner.

I accepted the X with some minor issues that assumed would be resolved here in Ottawa. They are not urgent and I am was willing to wait for the next time service would be in Ottawa, but to be told that I must bring the X to Montreal is disappointing especially after being told otherwise.

My first and second dealings with service have not been pleasant. After my first call I was told that they would call me back with dates on when they would be in Ottawa. They never did. My second call I ended up being disconnected after being put on hold. After calling back, I was told that I need to bring the car to Montreal.

I have 3 young children and driving to Montreal to have the car serviced is not an easy undertaking.

All of the issues are minor, but should not be present in a car that costs over 150k. The issues along with the service I am receiving are not meeting up with my expectations.

• Informative
Reactions: Gymee
A ranger just came to Ottawa a couple of days ago. Tesla service called me because I had called them about the 12 volt battery warning. The mobile service came and replaced my battery in my lane way. He said he comes out for the day once or twice a month from Montreal.

I've had a couple of visits for door handle problems on my 100D. The techs do a good job.

Obviously it would be better if there was local service, but I've given up on that. Maybe in a few years when there are more Model 3's around.

They picked up my car last week and gave me a 100D loaner. It was for the following items:
  1. 100K service
  2. Windshield replacement
  3. 12v battery replacement
  4. Two unexpected pricey repairs (thank God for the extended warranty!)
They waived the $100 charge for the pickup due to a previous bad experience I had with my HV battery (or should I call it experienceS). When they delivered back my car last Friday, the tray under the middle screen was off, and I noticed the clips were broken. They promised to send the mobile service (ranger) to my place to have a look this week. Apparently, they have the mobile service in Ottawa a few times a week.

Obviously it would be better if there was local service, but I've given up on that. Maybe in a few years when there are more Model 3's around.
I really wonder how they are going to handle the demand for service once the Model 3s start rolling out. The Toronto Service Centres seem to be running full out and it doesn't appear that they have any additional sites planned in the near term. Good help them if the Model 3s start rolling out and then have reliability issues.

I’m a newbie owner (received my Model X in late December). Two updates have failed to install. The service advisor told me today that there is a malfunction in one of the door sensors and that is preventing updates from installing.
I was thinking of a good day to drive from Ottawa to Montreal for the repair when she said that they would send a Mobile Tech to do the work at my home.
Does any other company a) diagnose your car from 100s of miles away and b) come to your house to fix it?

I really wonder how they are going to handle the demand for service once the Model 3s start rolling out. The Toronto Service Centres seem to be running full out and it doesn't appear that they have any additional sites planned in the near term. Good help them if the Model 3s start rolling out and then have reliability issues.
Really? I've found that since Oakville opened Laurence hasn't been nearly as busy. I haven't needed service in a while though but have been around for other things.

Yeah that part is really cool - remote diagnosis and in-garage repair. I really love that aspect of Tesla service.

I was reluctant to give up the “anywhere service” plan that my old car had. But the 2017 hasn’t had the early adopter issues that had to be worked out on the 2012.

I have started to have door handle issues though. My car has the 2.5 door handles. The driver’s door presents intermittently, and none of them present when tapped. So they need to be replaced. In the meantime Tesla has switched over to 3.0 door handles, and the only repair path is to upgrade. But there are a bunch of other parts that have to change to install those, and I’m waiting on those parts.

So my only current complaint about Tesla service has nothing to do with service per se, but rather with their parts system. It’s been several weeks now. But in this case having local service would not have changed anything.

For those of you located in Ottawa, how has service worked from Montreal. My initial contact is not turning out as I was "sold".

I'm looking at 2 used Model S.....

one has 6 months/5000 kms of bumper yo bumper left

one is super loaded and has like 3 years of extended CPO warranty left

both models are 2014...

since it seems Ottawa is never getting a Tesla store / service center, what are Ottawa peeps doing for service?

do you take a day off everytime you need to book a service and drive to MTL?

is the Tesla ranger coming out to do you service at your home garage/lakeway?

I'm seeing more and more Tesla's on the road in Ottawa.

curious how y'all are making out?

I want to make the leap into a Tesla, just have my doubts in regards to having no onsite location.

Agree with @Doug_G, getting parts is painfully slow. For one problem - a defective FWD sensor that prevents software updates - I’ve had a Ranger visit (tried a shortcut that didn’t work), took the car to Montreal (asked to pick it up the next day because the part was not in) and now expecting another Ranger visit this week. I’m 14 software updates behind.

I was led to believe that if I have an issue with my X, Tesla periodically has 'mobile service' where they could make minor changes in my driveway and if required would rent a garage space where they could perform more involved repairs.

If the X ever became undriveable, they would flat bed it to Montreal and provide me with a loaner.

I accepted the X with some minor issues that assumed would be resolved here in Ottawa. They are not urgent and I am was willing to wait for the next time service would be in Ottawa, but to be told that I must bring the X to Montreal is disappointing especially after being told otherwise.

My first and second dealings with service have not been pleasant. After my first call I was told that they would call me back with dates on when they would be in Ottawa. They never did. My second call I ended up being disconnected after being put on hold. After calling back, I was told that I need to bring the car to Montreal.

I have 3 young children and driving to Montreal to have the car serviced is not an easy undertaking.

All of the issues are minor, but should not be present in a car that costs over 150k. The issues along with the service I am receiving are not meeting up with my expectations.

is service getting any better?

do you regret buying a Tesla?

since it seems Ottawa is never getting a Tesla store / service center, what are Ottawa peeps doing for service?

do you take a day off everytime you need to book a service and drive to MTL?

They now offer some sort of valet service for 100$ (I think the price is for both trips). They'll pickup and drop off your car in Ottawa to any address you want and they bring you a loaner at the same time. I'm trying the service my first time this week.

is service getting any better?

do you regret buying a Tesla?

Service is really good. I have nothing but praise for the service techs. They know their stuff and work very hard. I love my car and don’t regret buying it. I’d do it again. I already have.

Getting parts is occasionally an issue, but until this last incident I’ve never had to wait more than a week.

Tesla has this continuous improvement approach where they roll significant changes into the production line on the fly. Usually it works well but sometimes their parts/service organization is playing catch-up. They had to design a connector to adapt door handle 2.5 cars to the door handle 3.0 replacement parts. That’s all very fine but discontinuing the 2.5 handles before they were ready to do these repairs was dumb.

On the bright side the design of the 3.0 handles is clearly superior - no more microswitches - so I’m glad I have them.

Objectively, waiting two months to fix an annoying problem that made getting onto the car difficult was frustrating and not “good service”. But it wasn’t the fault of their service people. The same thing would have happened if they had a SC in Ottawa.