Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Our Crashed X is still not fixed...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to hear about your problems. My neighbor had his car in for a minor accident and it has taken him 2 months to get the front bumper cover due to delay in Tesla having them in stock. Apparently, they make these in batches and was just on transition to another batch when it happened - this was what Tesla told the approved bodyshop and confirmed by service
Sounds like 2017 wasn't a bumper crop.

yea i went there

How is this not a totaled out Tesla? You were hit by third party, you are able to claim diminished value on the vehicle, and by the looks of it, that is EXTENSIVE! Who's going to want to buy that car after repairs without significantly lower price?

My rear bumper was touched and due to diminished value and the lost of use, along with high salvage resell value of the Tesla, it was totaled.

Im now driving a Model 3.

I dont know if you are too late in the process to get the adjuster to total it out, but if not, you may want to look into that route.

• Informative
Reactions: DrivingTheFuture
How is this not a totaled out Tesla? You were hit by third party, you are able to claim diminished value on the vehicle, and by the looks of it, that is EXTENSIVE! Who's going to want to buy that car after repairs without significantly lower price?

My rear bumper was touched and due to diminished value and the lost of use, along with high salvage resell value of the Tesla, it was totaled.

I dont know if you are too late in the process to get the adjuster to total it out, but if not, you may want to look into that route.
It would need a diminished value of 30k or more... I guess they deemed that wasn't possible

I’ll pm you to discuss. But below is a picture of the extent of accident on my S. It was totaled out.

No airbag deployed. Still drivable. Trunk needed effort to close. Would be a good rebuild car for someone once it hits copart.

19CDEABE-AD52-41B8-9D69-1DCBADDB82EB.jpeg

Insurance is weird. A lady at my work just got a check for $16,000 to fix a four year old Kia Optima. That make zero sense at all.

• Funny
Reactions: DrivingTheFuture
Your post about the seats makes me nervous about having the old real leather tan seats. One of the captains chairs is broken at the moment and I’m wondering if they have to replace it if they’ll replace all 6 seats in the car so they match? (This is Tesla doing warranty work not a body shop...)

Your post about the seats makes me nervous about having the old real leather tan seats. One of the captains chairs is broken at the moment and I’m wondering if they have to replace it if they’ll replace all 6 seats in the car so they match? (This is Tesla doing warranty work not a body shop...)
You should be fine then, we've always had a great experience with Tesla directly

My model X was struck in the driver side front quarter panel by a large Chevy truck running a red light on Dec 28, 2017. It's still in repair and the latest update (as of yesterday) is another 3 weeks at least. That will be nearly 4 months. I'm at a specialty body shop that has the specialty welding and jig equipment for tesla vehicles but the largest delay has been a function of parts availability. I was a Model S owner for 4 years before getting my X but this was unexpected.

My model X was struck in the driver side front quarter panel by a large Chevy truck running a red light on Dec 28, 2017. It's still in repair and the latest update (as of yesterday) is another 3 weeks at least. That will be nearly 4 months. I'm at a specialty body shop that has the specialty welding and jig equipment for tesla vehicles but the largest delay has been a function of parts availability. I was a Model S owner for 4 years before getting my X but this was unexpected.
That blows. even extensive aluminum repairs should take less than 2 weeks.

I don't understand the rental coverage thing. If it's the third party's fault surely they have to pay for your rental or write the car off...

We were stuck Dec 10th... Still don't have our X back...

Welcome to the world of low-volume manufacturers, where parts distribution and availability is not like the big car manufacturers. Tesla is a unique, exotic niche brand, which is small and similar to Aston Martin or Ferrari. When you need parts - you wait. Also the fact that the vehicle is mostly aluminum means not every collision shop is qualified to work on them, they are much more difficult to repair than steel.

I too, cannot believe that vehicle was not totalled. Damage is extensive. My advice is to redirect your energy away from Tesla and the Body Shop and demand the car be totalled from the person-at-fault insurance company. Who did the appraisal? Who approved the appraisal? Did YOUR insurance company adjuster look at it?

If that were my Model X and they tried to force a repair on it - I'd be lawyering up and suing for full replacement value. That vehicle will never be right again after that much damage.

Reactions: Xtek