TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Out of a 12/2014 Model S into a 3/2016 Model S

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by dweeks, Feb 29, 2016.

1. dweeks

dweeks Member

Well, I may have more money than brains, but I am going to get a 90D (AWD) and sell my December 2014 Model S. 17,250 miles on it.

Moving to Arizona snow country has a lot to do with it, even though getting snow tires on the 85 would help a lot by itself.

The AWD option was became available days after I ordered the 85 back in September 2014, but I was new to Tesla, and worried that AWD cars would have mechanical problems, etc. I could have changed the order right then, but I chickened out.

Bad decision, and I have regretted it ever since.

Mid-March delivery, and the $1200 referral credit exactly offsets the $1200 destination and doc fee charge.

2. pchilds

pchilds Member

Congratulations, you won't regret it.

3. jgs

jgs Active Member

You get the credit for referring... yourself?

4. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

@dweeks
    I was considering similar from a 12/2014 P85D to a P90DL inventory vehicle, but the numbers were a bit high for my taste (~$30k + tax on that amouont). So I'm sticking with the Lud upgrade instead.

5. kort677

kort677 Banned

I upgraded my 3/14 build this past December to a 90d, I don't regret doing so at all

6. flankspeed8

flankspeed8 Member

yes, apparently this is possible.