Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up our CPO Tesla at the Service Center in Rockville, MD two weeks ago -- and finally got out of the driver's seat long enough to snap a picture this morning! :smile:

Grey Wind | 2013 Tesla Model S | 60 kWh | pano roof | grey metallic paint | no tech

GreyWind.jpg

Congratulations! That's a great picture too.

Agreed. You have a good eye for taking pictures!

Thanks! It almost makes running errands at 6:30 on a Saturday morning worth it when (1) you get a sunrise like that and (2) you get to take out the new Tesla. Life is good! :biggrin:

But I think it's the high school batting cages in the background that really make the shot....

Ooh, it's fun to see my exact style config before I get her. (Blue/pano/19" cyclone/tan/black headliner, though I did matte instead of glossy.) I figure with two golden retrievers, I might as well go with the retriever-colored interior...

View attachment 103597

Great looking dogs & great color choices. Here is what the dogs are talking about when you are not listening..."Tan interior? It matches us & it's a real beauty...

2cdfe10aa9d2f6746ab0c414401f856b.jpg

Well My S finally arrived after lurking here for a year and a half....

IMG_0058.jpg

Lets see if I can undress this baby?....

unveiling.jpg

We take a ride to the Stevenson Hydro-Electric Dam on the Housatonic River in Shelton, Connecticut... the
arches above the dam support a roadway that we took to get down to the spillway area...

at the dam.jpg

We then went south to the Mouth of the Housatonic River to the Borough of Lordship in Stratford, Connecticut.
The lighthouse was built in 1767 and rebuilt in the early 1800's
IMG_0078.jpg

In 1876 some photographer in town took a picture of carriages at the lighthouse... I do not think he ordered the carriages online.

Lordship Lighthouse with Carriages 1876.jpg

I think the P90D is perhaps a bit faster than the buggies....

Totally happy with the new Tesla.

Last edited:
Reactions: tburneymac
I ordered my Tesla Model S 85D Christmas evening and have been patiently waiting for my delivery day to arrive. Yesterday, that day arrived and I am speechless. The car has blown away all expectations that I had and is breathtaking in every aspect. Having owned many luxury vehicles from Porsche, BMW and Maserati my Model S takes 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize leaving all others in the dust. Even though I leased and will have to return it in 36 months I will never own any other brand again! Thank you Elok Musk and the entire Tesla team for making such an extraordinary vehicle.

Reactions: tburneymac
I ordered my Tesla Model S 85D Christmas evening and have been patiently waiting for my delivery day to arrive. Yesterday, that day arrived and I am speechless. The car has blown away all expectations that I had and is breathtaking in every aspect. Having owned many luxury vehicles from Porsche, BMW and Maserati my Model S takes 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize leaving all others in the dust. Even though I leased and will have to return it in 36 months I will never own any other brand again! Thank you Elok Musk and the entire Tesla team for making such an extraordinary vehicle.

That's awesome!! Congratulations and have fun!

My day will come Friday. I expect I will feel the same.