Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure where to post this--perhaps this could be a new thread altogether?

This is hugely significant. This is the very last time that I will ever buy gasoline. From now on, my only cost of car transportation will be my electric bill, as I will be driving on electricity from next weekend onwards.

Typical fuel bill to drive ~350 miles? $80-$100

Cost to my electric bill to drive ~300 miles? $8-$10

Zero emissions. No money sent abroad. No supporting the oil industry any more.

..Awesome :)

photo.JPG

I'm going to keep this in my Telsa glove box

I'm not sure where to post this--perhaps this could be a new thread altogether?

This is hugely significant. This is the very last time that I will ever buy gasoline. From now on, my only cost of car transportation will be my electric bill, as I will be driving on electricity from next weekend onwards.

Typical fuel bill to drive ~350 miles? $80-$100

Cost to my electric bill to drive ~300 miles? $8-$10

Zero emissions. No money sent abroad. No supporting the oil industry any more.

..Awesome :)

I'm going to keep this in my Telsa glove box

that's awesome...wish I can say the same. I'm expecting my MS in one week and my wife still drives an ICE. unfortunately, I still feel like we need to have one ICE in the family for longer trips with a 2-3 year old in the car--may be too hard to stop for an hour at a time at each SC or longer at other charging stations. But someday, I will get rid of her ICE....

that's awesome...wish I can say the same. I'm expecting my MS in one week and my wife still drives an ICE. unfortunately, I still feel like we need to have one ICE in the family for longer trips with a 2-3 year old in the car--may be too hard to stop for an hour at a time at each SC or longer at other charging stations. But someday, I will get rid of her ICE....

How long is your wife's daily commute??

Maybe you could replace it with a Chevy VOLT ... if her daily commute is less than 40 miles each way (assuming she can charge @ 120V at work) you would be 100% EV mode 95% of the time.

Then the VOLT's ICE generator would be useful only when using it for long road trips. If you have only one kid, 4 seats shouldn't be a issue right?

When I will get my MS next month, I already have a 2012 Chevy VOLT and I think it's the best combo ... my wife's daily commute is easily within the VOLT's range!!

You guessed it, I get the MS and she gets the VOLT ... :)

Sly

How long is your wife's daily commute??

Maybe you could replace it with a Chevy VOLT ... if her daily commute is less than 40 miles each way (assuming she can charge @ 120V at work) you would be 100% EV mode 95% of the time.

Then the VOLT's ICE generator would be useful only when using it for long road trips. If you have only one kid, 4 seats shouldn't be a issue right?

When I will get my MS next month, I already have a 2012 Chevy VOLT and I think it's the best combo ... my wife's daily commute is easily within the VOLT's range!!

You guessed it, I get the MS and she gets the VOLT ... :)

Sly

WHAT??? good luck with that trade. once your wife get s a whiff of that MS, you're toast my friend...

You're gonna laugh when I tell you this, but my wife's commute is 1.5 miles each way. it's not for the commute, but we're planning on having more kids and we just bought her car 2 years ago (Acura MDX), so hard to justify getting another car. she put in ~3500 to 4000 miles a year. At 18mpg with $4/g, that's about $900 per year on fuel cost. If we had a Volt, I'm sure the eletric bill would be negligible. however, selling the car now would put us back on depreciation. So, as much as I would like to get something with better mpg, I think I should wait a bit until the rate of her car's depreciation slows down a bit.

WHAT??? good luck with that trade. once your wife get s a whiff of that MS, you're toast my friend...

You're gonna laugh when I tell you this, but my wife's commute is 1.5 miles each way. it's not for the commute, but we're planning on having more kids and we just bought her car 2 years ago (Acura MDX), so hard to justify getting another car. she put in ~3500 to 4000 miles a year. At 18mpg with $4/g, that's about $900 per year on fuel cost. If we had a Volt, I'm sure the eletric bill would be negligible. however, selling the car now would put us back on depreciation. So, as much as I would like to get something with better mpg, I think I should wait a bit until the rate of her car's depreciation slows down a bit.

Ok, I understand the economics with your second car ...

For my wife, well ... she tells me that she does not like big cars, because it's harder to park .... lets hope for me that she keeps thinking that way !!! LOL !!

Sly

Ok, I understand the economics with your second car ...

For my wife, well ... she tells me that she does not like big cars, because it's harder to park .... lets hope for me that she keeps thinking that way !!! LOL !!

Sly
Yah, this car is way too large and unwieldy. It's horrible to park and you risk curb rash every time you take a turn. She won't have any fun with it at all, Sly.

Hope this helps.

Yah, this car is way too large and unwieldy. It's horrible to park and you risk curb rash every time you take a turn. She won't have any fun with it at all, Sly.

Hope this helps.
;-) And there's no spare, and the body panels are this flimsy aluminum so you have to park far away from other cars, and the headrests don't adjust. Nah, your wife should definitely use the other car.

Got my MS on Friday from the Dallas Service Center. Whitney did a great job walking me, my wife and brother in law through the car (we spent about 90 minutes).

A few things I have to say about the car:

1 - It is a freaking awesome car! Not just the electric drivetrain, but it is really a great ride, feel, everything!
2 - I really like Slacker radio, may not transfer the XM service from my old car to this one.
3 - I love not having to look at the prices at the gas stations I drive by.

Anyway, it is an awesome car and I think I am going to love it as more than any car I have ever owned.

Got my MS on Friday from the Dallas Service Center. Whitney did a great job walking me, my wife and brother in law through the car (we spent about 90 minutes).

A few things I have to say about the car:

1 - It is a freaking awesome car! Not just the electric drivetrain, but it is really a great ride, feel, everything!
2 - I really like Slacker radio, may not transfer the XM service from my old car to this one.
3 - I love not having to look at the prices at the gas stations I drive by.

Anyway, it is an awesome car and I think I am going to love it as more than any car I have ever owned.

Congratulations debuntx!!! Really awesome. Can you please share pics? It helps the rest of us while we wait wait wait :D

6) Rear jump seats: These are a hit with my 6 yr old and 9 yr old. The kids generate a lot of finger pointing and waving from other drivers (loving the :eek: expressions from others). Better yet, despite sitting close together, the kids haven't fought about their space (which they do in all our other cars). Without the tech package, I don't have the motorized trunk lid, but the kids have no problems opening it to get out. Only problem is that they cannot shut the trunk themselves. There doesn't appear to be any place in the car to put the footwell cover when the jumpseats are in position. There's a gap between the back seats and the jumpseats, but the cover doesn't fit in there. I've left it in my garage for now.

On a Jump Seats thread several owners have discovered they are able to fit the footwell cover between the back seats and the jumpseats, including photos of it there. Sorry I don't have the link but take a look.