Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners of multiple Teslas, how to combine MyTesla Accounts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you tried the “add secondary contact” in your SO Tesla account? They can add you as a secondary contact, then select which car for you to have access to. Then logout and back in to your account and it should be there. It happens pretty quick, within a few seconds. I used this when I purchased a used Tesla to gain access until the official transfer took place with Tesla.

Have you tried the “add secondary contact” in your SO Tesla account? They can add you as a secondary contact, then select which car for you to have access to. Then logout and back in to your account and it should be there. It happens pretty quick, within a few seconds. I used this when I purchased a used Tesla to gain access until the official transfer took place with Tesla.

Yes. Each of us is the secondary contact on the other’s account page. It’s been that way for a while. I’d anticipated it having the effect you describe: access to the alternate vehicle. Though it doesn’t seem to affect which vehicles are visible in the app for me.

A quick tip, if you have two Tesla’s and one of them is a model 3, make sure to switch back to that car in the app before you need to use the 3 for key access. For the longest time we couldn’t figure out why our phones were failing to lock or unlock, and it literally was the simple fix of keeping the model 3 selected within the app prior to opening the door.

• Helpful
Reactions: PrGrPa
My wife and I just got our second Tesla and we emailed [email protected] and they merged our accounts so that we can access both cars under one account. They asked us which email we wanted it under so we picked one.

The only issue we're having now (and has not been resolved yet) is that we can't log into the other email account and I don't know where the 2000 supercharger miles that we got for our self referral have gone. Trying to resolve now but [email protected] has stopped responding....

A quick tip, if you have two Tesla’s and one of them is a model 3, make sure to switch back to that car in the app before you need to use the 3 for key access. For the longest time we couldn’t figure out why our phones were failing to lock or unlock, and it literally was the simple fix of keeping the model 3 selected within the app prior to opening the door.
The converse of this is a handy tip for keeping your bluetooth access on and keeping your car in its locked state while you're near it. If only I could as easily stop the mirrors and handles on my Model S popping out each time I walk past it on the driveway or walk nearby it in a couple of rooms in the house when I have the key in my pocket.

My gf and I are having this same problem. She accidentally ordered her M3 with a diff email account but wants the car merged to her original Tesla account (diff email), which is the one I granted her a key to my Y. She called customer service and the woman said she’d lose her free supercharger referral miles if they merge And said to ask the service center to do this when she takes delivery tomorrow. You'd think Tesla would have figured out how to make this easy and consistent from their support team by now.

At this point, I think it’s easier if we don’t merge and I just grant her new account access to my Y.

For anyone looking to solve for this, you need to email [email protected] and give them the skinny on both accounts that need to be merged. Went through this just now. It can take several days, however.
That’s great to know In case she wants to combine her accounts.

For the record, after two calls to Tesla back in early September, her accounts were never combined. We just said to hell with it and are just using her other account.