Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P Delivery -- Good News Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picking up tomorrow afternoon from Fremont. Been told to expect the contract in the morning. Hoping delivery goes smoothly, I have a ton of errands to run all over town to plenty of time in traffic to fiddle with the new toy!

Reactions: SD_Engnr
I'll second a couple of other responses on here. Appointment was right on time, and turnover took about 20 minutes. Most of that was from my inspection. I also did not receive a badge as there were none available.

Did I mention that i absolutely love this car? Felt as tight as a couple of Mercedes I've owned, but NOTHING I've had compares to the acceleration.

This will be addicting...

I'll second a couple of other responses on here. Appointment was right on time, and turnover took about 20 minutes. Most of that was from my inspection. I also did not receive a badge as there were none available.

Did I mention that i absolutely love this car? Felt as tight as a couple of Mercedes I've owned, but NOTHING I've had compares to the acceleration.

This will be addicting...
did you receive the pedals and spoiler installed?

1st Westmont Il Tesla Store on Ogden.
2nd...my Tesla contact that is assigned to me.

Ugh.. I just stopped in there recently to check out some other colors before picking on my final choice. So it seems like they were either giving you attitude or just following a direct order from corporate. I wonder if they get a lot of this because the approval rating for the dual Motor badge was at like 15%...

Ugh.. I just stopped in there recently to check out some other colors before picking on my final choice. So it seems like they were either giving you attitude or just following a direct order from corporate. I wonder if they get a lot of this because the approval rating for the dual Motor badge was at like 15%...
I'm not sure why they said it, however I received the same info from 2 unrelated Tesla sources. I'm thinking that on Aug 4th...( when I pick my car up ) that if I get there soon enough....I'll plead with them to neither install the badge nor the spoiler as I'm going to be wrapping the car....the same day.

no big deal though....I'm fully aware of how to take the badging off with 0 damage to it. And replace it if necessary. I have the 3M tape that Tesla Uses.

I'm not sure why they said it, however I received the same info from 2 unrelated Tesla sources. I'm thinking that on Aug 4th...( when I pick my car up ) that if I get there soon enough....I'll plead with them to neither install the badge nor the spoiler as I'm going to be wrapping the car....the same day.

no big deal though....I'm fully aware of how to take the badging off with 0 damage to it. And replace it if necessary. I have the 3M tape that Tesla Uses.

Where are you getting your wrap? What is the quote like for it? Anything else on that same day? I heard good things about Chicago Auto Pros. Once I get my CU thing figured out, I'll finalize that end with my ISA who just reached out today basically telling me I should just hit submit on the Tesla credit app.

Where are you getting your wrap? What is the quote like for it? Anything else on that same day? I heard good things about Chicago Auto Pros. Once I get my CU thing figured out, I'll finalize that end with my ISA who just reached out today basically telling me I should just hit submit on the Tesla credit app.
Good luck with the CU.

Anywhoo - applying the wrap myself. Its EXTREMELY easy with a tesla because it has tons of seams. I won't even have to stretch it hardly at all. The Model 3 is a wrappers dream.

Yes. Indeed - Chicago Auto Pros are great. They take a bit longer than anyone else, however they are better than just about anyone else.

Congrats on getting the first P3D from Costa Mesa! How did the delivery experience go for you? Did you do an inspection to check out the car? Did they give you any free Tesla swag?

thanks! it was unreal. felt way too fast for me. went in at 1050....late but not by much. greeters meet you when you enter the sales room, then you sign in and sit down for like 5 minutes before someone calls you. Then they take you to their "showcase" room (i don't know what else to call it). I attached a picture. You give them your license to verify and sign maybe 4 or 5 documents and go over the key cards, app, and charging. next thing i know the guy was already directing me out. I was like...can i take some pics first lol. I even did not get a chance to look over the car until I already left and just parked in their outside parking. luckily there wasn't anything wrong with it. They clapped for me as i left the building. no free tesla swag. :mad: thought id get something for being the first performance, let alone dual motor, out of there but nope. they pretty much shoo'd me out to get through the million other deliveries that day.

Attachments

• tespano.jpg
    tespano.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 130
Still no P3D, non performance upgrade, And white interior getting delivery dates right?

Waiting....
3/31/16 reservation online 10:31PM EDT
1/17/18 allowed to order 1st production version (waited)
6/27/18 ordered P3D, MCR, White interior, Aero (skipped performance 5k package/EAP/FSD)

Reactions: Sg911
Hey... that's me too! Exact same config, ordered 6/26... no VIN yet. I'm an owner, 12/2016 reservation. We should keep tabs on rach other to see if they are really batching it this way.

Similar config for me - MSM color P3D, 18" aeros though, EAP+FSD+black interior. Current Model S owner. Reserved 3/2017, config 6/28 for AWD then changed to P on 7/2. Haven't received a vin, still seeing August-October window.

thanks! it was unreal. felt way too fast for me. went in at 1050....late but not by much. greeters meet you when you enter the sales room, then you sign in and sit down for like 5 minutes before someone calls you. Then they take you to their "showcase" room (i don't know what else to call it). I attached a picture. You give them your license to verify and sign maybe 4 or 5 documents and go over the key cards, app, and charging. next thing i know the guy was already directing me out. I was like...can i take some pics first lol. I even did not get a chance to look over the car until I already left and just parked in their outside parking. luckily there wasn't anything wrong with it. They clapped for me as i left the building. no free tesla swag. :mad: thought id get something for being the first performance, let alone dual motor, out of there but nope. they pretty much shoo'd me out to get through the million other deliveries that day.
Way cooler than the Fremont pickup. They just had them in a parking lot.

Picked up my P3D from there today. Was there for about 3hrs from appointment start until driving away. 1hr was just waiting to be seen by a guy with the paperwork, then 2hrs on and off in finalizing the trade in and reviewing the car.

Mine had some pretty significant body damage on the rear off-side quarter panel. Will book it into the local service center to sort it out. Too excited to refuse the car.

Oh boy is this thing fun, mainly crawling around in rush hour traffic running errands, but the odd on-ramp or freeway gap puts a giant grin on my face.

• Love
Reactions: forkee