TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

P100D announced will you upgrade?

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by GoodieGetter, Aug 23, 2016.

1. GoodieGetter

GoodieGetter Member

I have a P90dL MX on order. Will be upgrading to P100D first thing in am. :)

• Like x 1
  2. cheekychappie

cheekychappie Member

Not available to upgrade on the website yet, will give them a call.

Now all we need is autopilot 2.0 and our new shiny Model X's will be complete

3. SSD420

SSD420 Member

If only I could upgrade my 90D.

4. Nick Deng

Nick Deng Member

I have 2015's 70 single motor getting 220-240 miles, wonder if can get 100kwh battery to go over 400 miles on one charge! And supercharging station stops will be need less! I do see a lot performance improvement, why not improving the ture need of every day life style driving! Are we missing the point of saving? Green! ?

5. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Member

Roll out on top-end models only, initially, generates more revenue. Initially there is only capability to make a few each month, once they ramp up I expect the 100 will be offered on other / all models. Rome wasn't built in a day!

6. DadoP90DL

DadoP90DL Member

Already called in to upgrade. :)

• Like x 1
  7. GoodieGetter

GoodieGetter Member

Just looked at configurator and looks like upgrade P90DL to P100DL is £8,800 approx autopilot also £400 more.

8. GoodieGetter

GoodieGetter Member

When upgrading from P90DL to P100DL has anyone noticed that they have also been charged the latest list price for Autopilot? i.e increase for upgrade P100DL £8,700 plus increase price for autopilot from £2,200 to £2,600.

9. DadoP90DL

DadoP90DL Member

Autopilot price did not change. Hopefully the additional $10K included any autopilot upgrade. (Wishful thinking)

10. GoodieGetter

GoodieGetter Member

#10 GoodieGetter, Sep 9, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    @DadoP90DL

I was originally quoted £8,700 for the upgrade, but I received an email yesterday stating that because of the upgrade i would be charged £8700 plus the increase for autopilot original order £2,200 now £2,600. I ordered pre Auto pilot price increase.

It is not alot of money in the grand scheme of things to lose sleep over but I do not understand how Tesla can justify the increase when the original car was fully loaded and i have just upgraded the battery pack.

I am based in the UK so would be interested if anyone else who has upgraded to MX P100DL has similar issues?

Below is the Upgrade cost

Model X P100D 117,200 Includes £4,500.00 plug-in grant All-Wheel Drive Included
    EXTERIOR Pearl White Multi-Coat Paint 1,300
    20" Silver Slipstream Wheel Included
    INTERIOR Ultra White Seats 2,300
    Carbon Fiber Décor 850
    Black Headliner Included
    Six Seat Interior 2,550
    PERFORMANCE Ludicrous Speed Upgrade Included
    Active Spoiler Included
    Tesla Red Brake Calipers Included
    CHARGING Supercharger Enabled Included High Amperage Charger Upgrade 1,300
    OPTIONS Autopilot Convenience Features 2,600
    Premium Upgrades Package 3,900
    Smart Air Suspension Included
    Ultra High Fidelity Sound 2,200
    Subzero Weather Package 850
    Towing Package 650
    Destination & Doc Fee 380
    VEHICLE PRICE AFTER TAX CREDIT 136,080

The above info is in your my tesla/ View design speck

11. DadoP90DL

DadoP90DL Member

Wow that's interesting, my autopilot price did not increase. You may be lucky and get the 2.0 hardware for that additional cost. :)

12. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Member

Have you spoken to them, or just got an automated email? I'd be very surprised if they don't honour the original price for AP. There are other USA threads where a quick phone call has sorted that sort of thing out.

Just curious - do you need / can you make use of that?

13. GoodieGetter

GoodieGetter Member

It will generally not be used but have got it to future proof and take advantage of the extra speed should the opportunity present itself.

14. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Member

I felt sure I had read threads where the increase-in-price on parts, of already ordered items, were not applied (more correctly were "removed" after conversation with Sales Rep). How did @badboy1980 get on I wonder?

P100D for Sale Now

15. cheekychappie

cheekychappie Member

Yes I got the same situation, an increase in AP which I have asked them to check.

The other change on the invoice is that Ludicrous is now 'included' and the cost built into the base of the car

16. badboy1980

badboy1980 Member

Hi @WannabeOwner . My P90D Ludicrous was pretty much fully loaded, other than premium stereo. I'm being charged £8,700 for 100kwh battery plus changing seats to premium. Tesla have confirmed this to me. I'm not sure about other parts.

• Like x 1
  17. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Member

Which therefore does not include the £400 price increase for AP, which is entirely how it should be IMHO. AP was already on the original order, at the old price. I've heard of people saying they wanted AP but wanted to avoid tax on it, so were planning to retro-install it (and pay the "adjustment" supplement), and their sales people have honoured the original AP price for them, even though they hadn't taken ownership of their cars and only had "intent" to buy AP.

My order was placed nearly 9 months before I took delivery. There were two price increases in that period, plus elements of the face lift were all included without any price increase. I can't believe that Tesla is intentionally trying to stiff users over the AP Price thing, I reckon its a software glitch in the online ordering that sales folk can, and should, sort out.

18. HeartofGold

HeartofGold Member

That is patience indeed. The "collapse" of sterling after the Brexit vote rather tipped me over the edge in July to bite the bullet on the S and also to stop waiting (it felt like forever) for the X. In the end there hasn't been much of a basic price increase from August, despite sterling being in the low 1.30s, but these resets on AP etc have obviously riled.

Like @badboy1980 I have gone for the larger battery (I was in mid-delivery). There was some confusion on when it will happen - "some time in 2017" - but will be paid for at the time and the model designation then updated from P90D to P100D. I'd doubt Tesla will cap range at the 100kWh pack's 315 miles, whatever was on Twitter today - range also equals fun.

19. badboy1980

badboy1980 Member

@HeartofGold - I have been told that I am able to upgrade my P90D to P100D in January. Have you had any firm dates yet?

20. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Member

Finance on original vehicle was still running and penalties to exit early ...

I have an additional angle which is that rollout of superchargers in UK is slow, compared to promise/expectation (although perhaps that's in the "nothing new" category for Elon's timetables and expectations!!)

We went Up North this weekend and having a 90 made a lot of difference to where we could get to, given we had to go somewhat out of our way to get to chargers. A charger on the A1 at Peterborough would revolutionise our ability to get up the East side of the country, right now we have to go up the M1 instead. So Max Battery seems like a good idea to me, pending more superchargers. I ordered an 85 which was discontinued during my wait and I umm'd and ahh'd (take early delivery or downgrade to 70 + Refund were the other choices), but, with hindsight, I'm happy that I paid for the 90 upgrade instead