Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P100D Battery Upgrade Scheduling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Talked with Service in Indy about the upgrade. They expect it would be a multiday job and a loaner vehicle would be provided during the upgrade. Unfortunately it is not expected to be available until early 2017. They did confirm that the retrofitted 100 kWh option with new battery and wiring harness would perform the same as a factory built 100 kWh car.

The long wait is disappointing but at least it will give us time to see the performance of the 100 kWh cars. They appear to be emphasizing the 45-65 mph performance of 1.2 seconds. Anyone know what the V1 and V2 battery versions of the P90DL is running for 45-65 mph? I wonder if the extra 0.3 seconds reduction in 0-60 is occurring mostly in the later half.

I contacted my local SC today and they have no information yet but they added me to a list in the #2 spot and will call me back with more info when available...

Congrats. At least you got a spot. My guy did not offer to put me on any list yet. I'm sure you west coast boys will be the first to receive the updates, probably later this year. We'll be waiting here in the Midwest until next year for the left over scraps.

Congrats. At least you got a spot. My guy did not offer to put me on any list yet. I'm sure you west coast boys will be the first to receive the updates, probably later this year. We'll be waiting here in the Midwest until next year for the left over scraps.

Yep. If it's anything like how they handled the Ludicrous upgrades for P85D, the local SC waitlists won't affect one's priority or wait time. More likely it'll be based on an online deposit, car hardware version, and geography.

A strong possibility yes, but a glaring omission nonetheless.
I was hoping ( still am?) that the 'requirement' was just to up the asp of the car.
I don't know much about SAS to understand that it handles weight better.
From what I know it definitely handles the weight better as the Air Springs can adjust based on the load and suspension sensors to keep the car level. The air suspension also comes with stiffer/thicker anti roll bars amongst other changes.

Hi Jeff,

No, unfortunately if a P85D is retrofitted with a 90 kWh battery and Ludicrous Mode it would still not be eligible for the P100D Ludicrous upgrade. To be eligible for the P100D Ludicrous upgrade, the vehicle must originally been a custom ordered P90D with Ludicrous.

Best,

Laura

You mean mean currently. Elon Musk was very clear on the P90DL launch that the although you could upgrade to the 90 battery he recommended you wait for a larger jump and since he was just quoted as saying the 100 is it for a long while, he and Tesla would be going back on their word if the P85D isn't eventually eligible for the upgrade. The V1 P90DL and P85DL have no differences in the cooling systems so it can only be because the 100 battery is going to be a limited commodity for a while.

Hi Jeff,

No, unfortunately if a P85D is retrofitted with a 90 kWh battery and Ludicrous Mode it would still not be eligible for the P100D Ludicrous upgrade. To be eligible for the P100D Ludicrous upgrade, the vehicle must originally been a custom ordered P90D with Ludicrous.

Best,

Laura
I have just a p85 I was more or less thinking if I could get a 100 i could get more miles I herd from a web site it would and up being around 350 miles a charge

You mean mean currently. Elon Musk was very clear on the P90DL launch that the although you could upgrade to the 90 battery he recommended you wait for a larger jump and since he was just quoted as saying the 100 is it for a long while, he and Tesla would be going back on their word if the P85D isn't eventually eligible for the upgrade. The V1 P90DL and P85DL have no differences in the cooling systems so it can only be because the 100 battery is going to be a limited commodity for a while.

I agree with you and I remember him saying that. I am just conveying what Tesla told me today.

I have just a p85 I was more or less thinking if I could get a 100 i could get more miles I herd from a web site it would and up being around 350 miles a charge

Like the above poster said, and I agree, the likelihood is the upgrade will make its way down. The 100 packs are very limited at the moment.

No you can't currently, The p cars have a different larger motor in the back then on non p cars, non p have the same smaller motor front and rear.

I'd suspect sometime next year tesla will have more Availability on the 100 packs and they will start to show up for non performance models then, currently it's a supply constraint.

The reason, the only reason, I am selling my brand new P85DL is because Tesla told me that the upgrade process goes like this: you first need to upgrade to 90 and then to 100. So it is available, but I was given a price of over 50000 euros. So cheaper for me to buy a showroom P90DL and upgrade to 100D directly.