Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P100D Easter Egg ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
p100d.png

Attachments

• p100d.png
    p100d.png
    222.9 KB · Views: 72
  • Informative
Reactions: Fiddler and Jo-
Why would Tesla not enable this when the P100D was announced, do you think they wanted to 'test' the new batteries with the initial P100D's, get data, then unleash the full power? That's what I would do if I was a tad unsure on how the new batts. would perform.

Last edited:
Why would Tesla not enable this when the P100D was announced, do you think they wanted to 'test' the new batteries with the initial P100D's, get data, then unleash the full power? That's what I would do if I was a tad unsure on how the new batts. would perform.

Probably extra testing and validation. Some of the first owners to take delivery of P100Ds had their deliveries delayed a few weeks for extra testing and validation. This new cooling system and battery module is brand new after all...

Reactions: mdevp
I guess its more mid to high speed acceleration, since I don't think 0-60 could be much quicker. Maybe something like a ≤10.5 second quarter mile, if only by a bit.
Seems logical. I don't recall that they ever made a quarter mile claim for the P100DL. They do state 2.5 sec to 60mph and 1.2 sec from 45 to 65 mph. So it's reasonable that they would keep those claims and increase acceleration above 65 mph. Maybe they'll publish a 0-100mph time or quarter mile time?