Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P100D for Sale Now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone reported a $500 price increase for AutoPilot over on the Model X forum. I went to check the S prices, but the site has reverted back to an earlier version with no P100D shown. So I guess we'll have to wait for the dust to settle, as usual, to get all the details right...

Hmmm. A Model S P100D with Ludicrous mode, offering a 0-60 time of 2.5 seconds (or thereabouts).

I'm not sure what kind of performance that the next-version of Tesla will offer to get a "Maximum Plaid" rating, but its gotta require a new definition of "Launch Mode."

-- Ardie
At that kind of speed, I'll arrive there before I leave.

Tesla claims ‘Quickest Production Car in the World’ title with new 100 kWh battery pack: 0-60 in 2.5s & 315 mile range

The automaker released the specs for the P100D version for both the Model S and the Model X, and the performance numbers will blow your mind. Tesla now claims the title for ‘the Quickest Production Car in the World’ with the Model S. Here are the main specs:

Model S P100D with Ludicrous mode
  • Range: 315 miles (EPA Estimate) / 613 km (NEDC Estimate)
  • 0-60 mph acceleration: 2.5 seconds
  • 0-100 km/h acceleration: 2.7 seconds
  • Price: starts at $134,500
Model X P100D with Ludicrous Mode
  • Range: 289 miles (EPA Estimate) / 542 km (NEDC Estimate)
  • 0-60 mph acceleration: 2.9 seconds
  • 0-100 km/h acceleration: 3.1 seconds
  • Price: starts at $135,500
Yep, you read that right. An all-electric 4-door sedan with a 0 to 60 mph acceleration in 2.5 seconds and a SUV with a 0 to 60 mph acceleration under 3 seconds. Elon Musk described the new P100D pack as “complex” and that Tesla will first focus on the performance P100D version and the 100D will follow “several months” later.

Model S and Model X P100D with Ludicrous mode are available for order right now. He added that they plan for “200 P100Ds per week” right now, but he sees the number increasing in the coming months. It represents about 10% of Tesla’s current production of ~2,000 vehicles per week. For the 100 kWh battery pack, Tesla is using the same battery cell, but a new module and pack architecture, new cooling system and electronics. CTO JB Straubel described the upgrade as a “significant change”.

The exterior of the pack is the same, which means that it is available as an upgrade. Existing P90D with Ludicrous mode owners can upgrade to a P100D for a $20,000 fee. It is not a software upgrade. The actual pack will be replaced and the used 90kWh pack will have to be recycled. Tesla customers who have ordered a P90D with Ludicrous mode, but have not taken delivery of their vehicle may choose to upgrade to P100D for $10,000.