TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

P100D Model S Crazy Lease Deal

Discussion in 'Model S' started by carfan1523, Mar 27, 2018.

1. carfan1523

carfan1523 Member

Hi All,

This is my first post here and just would like to get some feedback on the current lease deal I am looking to pull the trigger on. Please see details below:

Showroom 2017 Model S P100D
    Color: Blue exterior with white interior
    Rims: White
    Includes the upgraded heating seats and sound
    Excludes autopilot
    Miles: 1,287
    Terms: 36 months @ $830 a month with the 5k down plus taxes and fees. Also the lease is 10k miles per year.

This sounded like a sick deal to me so I paid the $2500 to reserve it but I need to decide within the next couple of days to finalize it.

I would love to get your thoughts??

• Disagree x 1
  2. demundus

demundus Active Member

Seems too good to be true. Kudos for somehow getting it...

[​IMG]

• Like x 1
  3. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

Damn! What’s the discount on that car?

Probably an error in the math somewhere. It’s an unbelievable deal.

4. carfan1523

carfan1523 Member

it was one of those end of the quarter lease deals. The discount on the car is a little over 45k. I thought the deal was amazing so I placed the order but just wanted to run it by the forum before the actual delivery.

5. carfan1523

carfan1523 Member

the MSRP for this care is $153k

6. thegooch49

thegooch49 Member

Uh, yeah. If you can truly score it for that price, you have yourself an amazing deal.

7. Bebop

Bebop Active Member

Augh I would've been all over this if it wasn't for the milage restrictions. damn leases...

You got yourself an absolute steal. Go for it!

8. drklain

drklain Member

But no autopilot. I guess from a lease perspective you don't care about the long term value of the car. Odd that there is a P100D without autopilot. In theory it should have all the AP2.0 hardware installed. I wonder if you can get the AP activated?

9. GatorGuy

GatorGuy Member

How does it exclude AP?

On a P100D?

10. Bebop

Bebop Active Member

Well I guess that explains the pricing.

If it's too good to be true...

11. brkaus

brkaus Well-Known Member

Sure they will activate autopilot.

The 10k miles would not work for me.

Check with your insurance agent.

Biggest downside - what are you going to get for your next car after this one :)

• Funny x 1
  12. TSLA Pilot

TSLA Pilot Active Member

AP is a SOFTWARE switch; you can easily get it switched "on" if you pay an extra few dollars a month.

Regardless, this is a STEAL of a deal; jump on it NOW.

As in "yesterday."

13. carfan1523

carfan1523 Member

Just to clarify the P100D did have autopilot.. I decided to remove it to lower the price of the lease since I rather drive the car instead of using the AP.

12k miles is @ 885 a month
    15k miles is @ 965 a month

The reason why I selected the 10k miles is generally I don't drive a lot and plus if I do go over its only 25 cents per mile. After doing the math it is still cheaper for me to go with the 10k miles per year lease and pay 25 cents for the additional 2k miles vs. the 12 miles per year lease.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  14. carfan1523

carfan1523 Member

My plan is once the lease is up to purchase a model 3 car since I will be using it for long term and utilize the low financing rates with Tesla. I wasn't planning on purchasing the performance model but when the sales guy notified me about this deal I knew it was too sweet so I reserved it.

• Like x 1
  15. jorobsand

jorobsand Member

This sounds almost too good to be true. Like there is some huge detail we are all missing in looking at this.

What is the residual? Is it possible that this deal means that you can actually have positive equity in the car and sell it to a private party and payoff the full amount due at the end of lease while pocketing the difference?

16. carfan1523

carfan1523 Member

The residual value after the 10k/year lease after 36 months is $89,750. I was initially planning on financing it because the interest rate was at 1% and would later sell the car after a couple of years. But decided to lease it because I didn't want to pay about $1400 a month if I decided to finance it and didn't want to deal with the hassle of selling a vehicle.

The normal MSRP is a little over 153k but after counting depreciation and removing Auto Pilot the price of the vehicle ended up being 105k

17. Park2670

Park2670 Member

I wish they had these kind of deals on 75Ds. I would be all over that. But the margin just isnt there.

• Like x 1
  18. jddssc121

jddssc121 Member

I personally would never put a down payment (cap cost reduction) on a lease......

19. brkaus

brkaus Well-Known Member

Yup. The cheap lease is because the are discountIng the price and keeping the residual the same. Not as much room to play with the less expensive cars.

20. vraev

vraev Member

OMG! That is a fantastic deal. I would sign it immediately. Too good to be true. I pay more on my 8y finance for a 75D