Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P100D Model S Crazy Lease Deal

carfan1523

Mar 27, 2018
New York
Hi All,

This is my first post here and just would like to get some feedback on the current lease deal I am looking to pull the trigger on. Please see details below:

Showroom 2017 Model S P100D
Color: Blue exterior with white interior
Rims: White
Includes the upgraded heating seats and sound
Excludes autopilot
Miles: 1,287
Terms: 36 months @ $830 a month with the 5k down plus taxes and fees. Also the lease is 10k miles per year.

This sounded like a sick deal to me so I paid the $2500 to reserve it but I need to decide within the next couple of days to finalize it.

I would love to get your thoughts??

• Disagree
Reactions: RyanS

demundus

Jul 5, 2015
Oceanside, CA
Seems too good to be true. Kudos for somehow getting it...

FBrTrwM.png

Reactions: wesley888

carfan1523

Mar 27, 2018
New York
it was one of those end of the quarter lease deals. The discount on the car is a little over 45k. I thought the deal was amazing so I placed the order but just wanted to run it by the forum before the actual delivery.

thegooch49

Sep 6, 2017
Pacific NW
it was one of those end of the quarter lease deals. The discount on the car is a little over 45k. I thought the deal was amazing so I placed the order but just wanted to run it by the forum before the actual delivery.

Uh, yeah. If you can truly score it for that price, you have yourself an amazing deal.

Bebop

Jun 25, 2017
Midwest
Augh I would've been all over this if it wasn't for the milage restrictions. damn leases...

You got yourself an absolute steal. Go for it!

drklain

Dec 17, 2016
Fairfax, VA/Brussels, BE
But no autopilot. I guess from a lease perspective you don't care about the long term value of the car. Odd that there is a P100D without autopilot. In theory it should have all the AP2.0 hardware installed. I wonder if you can get the AP activated?

GatorGuy

Feb 25, 2018
Jacksonville
Hi All,

This is my first post here and just would like to get some feedback on the current lease deal I am looking to pull the trigger on. Please see details below:

Showroom 2017 Model S P100D
Color: Blue exterior with white interior
Rims: White
Includes the upgraded heating seats and sound
Excludes autopilot
Miles: 1,287
Terms: 36 months @ $830 a month with the 5k down plus taxes and fees. Also the lease is 10k miles per year.

This sounded like a sick deal to me so I paid the $2500 to reserve it but I need to decide within the next couple of days to finalize it.

I would love to get your thoughts??
How does it exclude AP?

On a P100D?

Bebop

Jun 25, 2017
Midwest
But no autopilot. I guess from a lease perspective you don't care about the long term value of the car. Odd that there is a P100D without autopilot. In theory it should have all the AP2.0 hardware installed. I wonder if you can get the AP activated?

Well I guess that explains the pricing.

If it's too good to be true...

brkaus

Jul 8, 2014
Austin, TX
Sure they will activate autopilot.

The 10k miles would not work for me.

Check with your insurance agent.

Biggest downside - what are you going to get for your next car after this one :)

• Funny
Reactions: ReddyLeaf

TSLA Pilot

Mar 12, 2013
United States
AP is a SOFTWARE switch; you can easily get it switched "on" if you pay an extra few dollars a month.

Regardless, this is a STEAL of a deal; jump on it NOW.

As in "yesterday."

carfan1523

Mar 27, 2018
New York
Just to clarify the P100D did have autopilot.. I decided to remove it to lower the price of the lease since I rather drive the car instead of using the AP.

12k miles is @ 885 a month
15k miles is @ 965 a month

The reason why I selected the 10k miles is generally I don't drive a lot and plus if I do go over its only 25 cents per mile. After doing the math it is still cheaper for me to go with the 10k miles per year lease and pay 25 cents for the additional 2k miles vs. the 12 miles per year lease.

carfan1523

Mar 27, 2018
New York
My plan is once the lease is up to purchase a model 3 car since I will be using it for long term and utilize the low financing rates with Tesla. I wasn't planning on purchasing the performance model but when the sales guy notified me about this deal I knew it was too sweet so I reserved it.

Reactions: brkaus

jorobsand

Nov 12, 2017
Charlotte, NC
This sounds almost too good to be true. Like there is some huge detail we are all missing in looking at this.

What is the residual? Is it possible that this deal means that you can actually have positive equity in the car and sell it to a private party and payoff the full amount due at the end of lease while pocketing the difference?

carfan1523

Mar 27, 2018
New York
The residual value after the 10k/year lease after 36 months is $89,750. I was initially planning on financing it because the interest rate was at 1% and would later sell the car after a couple of years. But decided to lease it because I didn't want to pay about $1400 a month if I decided to finance it and didn't want to deal with the hassle of selling a vehicle.

The normal MSRP is a little over 153k but after counting depreciation and removing Auto Pilot the price of the vehicle ended up being 105k

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC