Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D+ fastest 0-60 for cars under 60K?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
C8 corvette- which starts under 60 (just barely) and does 3 flat similar to the P3D (and 11.2 in the 1/4 mile, which is a tenth or two better than the P3D) would be fastest under 60k.

P3D second. (The Tesla is probably a touch easier to hit that time reliably but we don't have enough data on the vette yet to say what wizardry they worked on it)

And I'm pretty sure THIRD quickest car under 60 would be...

A Model 3 LR AWD with acceleration boost (~3.5 0-60 with 1 foot rollout)

Even crazier far as I can tell bump the price cap up to 99k and.... that list doesn't change (unless you wanna put other vette variants on it)

Well, arguably the Hellcat Redeye lists a 3.4 0-60 for 71.3k....but all the car mags I can find couldn't do better than 3.7 because it's a stupid amount of HP in a RWD car that can't hook for crap if it's not on drag tires on a prepped track.

And then at 99.9k is the P100D which beats everything mass production at any price 0-60

Last edited:
0-60 is mostly a useless metric. The P3D is a one-trick pony compared to ICE cars with similar 0-60 times. Those cars (generally speaking) will destroy it in virtually every handling metric (including how the car feels when you are pushing it).

One-trick pony? The 3P will demolish most cars at any even remotely legal speeds because instant power is instant. If it's a one-trick pony it's one hell of a trick, and one I can't live without now. Driving cars that on paper are faster (and certainly lots more expensive) is a veritable snooze these days.

Most of us live in the 0-60 range, so it's a pretty darn impressive metric to base your accelerative performance on. But this car is bonkers impressive not just from 0-60, but from 10-60, 20-60, 30-60, 50-60, 50-70 etc.

0-60 is mostly a useless metric. The P3D is a one-trick pony compared to ICE cars with similar 0-60 times. Those cars (generally speaking) will destroy it in virtually every handling metric (including how the car feels when you are pushing it).

Strong opinion...have a feeling it will be unpopular here, which is likely what you are going for. o_O

Mr burrito, I humbly would have to disagree with your comment about p3d being a 1 trick pony. Not only P3d will beat hellcats 0-60 9 out of 10 times (unless Randy Pobst was on the hellcat), p3ds are also very good at cornering and braking. Watch yt video comparison between p3d, bmw m3, and alfa giulia QF. Not to mention the $. And regarding vette c8 vs p3d.... well I would be very interested to see a drag race between c8 and p3d to see how consistently c8 can run 3second to 60mph. Even if c8 can do consistent 3 second, I would not buy a c8. It's a 2 seater Chevy. (Chevy reliability) and yes I'm a little biased cause I own a stealth p3d.

There's more to performance than low-speed straight-line acceleration. The P3D is not remotely in the same league as a C8 vette, a Mustang GT500, or a Camaro ZL1 as far as handling even though they are in the ballpark as far as the useless 0-60 metric. Strip away the straight-line acceleration and the P3D+ is fairly mundane and bland for what is billed as a performance trim. Not saying it isn't decent and somewhat fun but there are much better cars out there if you put the driving experience above all else. That said, the 3 has a lot of other benefits outside of performance that make it a great car.

Reactions: bhzmark
You’re looking at it wrong. I would never compare the P3D with cars that do the same 0-60. You compare the P3D to cars in its price range which is the M340, S4, and C43. The P3D has comparable or better handling, better braking, better quarter mile, and is still cheaper than all of those cars. Sounds like a winner to me.

There's more to performance than low-speed straight-line acceleration. The P3D is not remotely in the same league as a C8 vette, a Mustang GT500, or a Camaro ZL1 as far as handling even though they are in the ballpark as far as the useless 0-60 metric. Strip away the straight-line acceleration and the P3D+ is fairly mundane and bland for what is billed as a performance trim. Not saying it isn't decent and somewhat fun but there are much better cars out there if you put the driving experience above all else. That said, the 3 has a lot of other benefits outside of performance that make it a great car.

What? Like being an actually practical car to drive daily? :D