Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D- White on White Delivery 10/04 - IN LOVE with Marshmallow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is saying a lot considering that we got a Red RWD on March 31st and all things Model 3 is no longer a novelty.

Was a bit scared that low VIN might mean multiple previous rejections (562XX), but the car was manufactured Sept 27.
Walked around it on the sun for about 10 minutes to inspect (home delivery) - couldn't find paint chips or blemishes, only one place with light coat scratches - good enough for me and really hope that most have the same experience.
With that said - had to look at it wearing shades as the white was blinding - might have missed something.
White interior is modern and exciting - worry about keeping it clean just as everyone else I presume. Suggestions on how to do that and with what product are most welcome!

Power and resulting acceleration is insane and I can easily tell that the Primacy tires are struggling to get a grip if you punch it under 20MPH. Not really noticeable in RWD. Was eyeballing EV Wheel Direct black turbines - staggered with 4S tires would run about $2700 delivered and installed (tires are cheaper via Evans). Anyone thinks I can sell 18s wheels and tires for 1100 or so?

On the first launch my wife screamed continuously for about 5-6 seconds and then hit me - can't tell whether it interfered with my level of enjoyment or enhanced it :-D :-D

How I approached selling myself and her on it (and resulting $2500/month in car payments for next 5 years):
1. Free Supercharging
2. 7500 Fed Rebate expiring
3. 2500 CA Rebate we only qualify this year (i.e 2017 Tax Year where she took time off)
4. Self-deal a referral - proud future owner of Wall Connector in 2019-2020?
5. 20 stall Supercharger just opened a mile away from my house (yeah, yeah - damn locals, etc - have a 6kW solar, won't plug often and only if there are many extra spots)

On Financing:
We used SD Metropolitan Credit Union for both cars. In March they had a published rate of 1.49% for 48 months so we went with that.
They raised the rates by .75% since and tightened requirements for getting the discounts (.25 EV is easy, but another .25 used to be for being just a member, now it is a Premier Member of sorts with higher balance). I did get approved with Allegacy for 2.29, but then talked to my CU and got a special 2.24 rate for 66 months (they made it very clear that it is only because I have an existing loan for a few months, etc). I would still recommend them over Tesla Finance to anyone - pretty sure people can still get loans around 3% and it was a great painless experience.

Best of luck to all of you still waiting for Delivery!!!

This is saying a lot considering that we got a Red RWD on March 31st and all things Model 3 is no longer a novelty.

Was a bit scared that low VIN might mean multiple previous rejections (562XX), but the car was manufactured Sept 27.
Walked around it on the sun for about 10 minutes to inspect (home delivery) - couldn't find paint chips or blemishes, only one place with light coat scratches - good enough for me and really hope that most have the same experience.
With that said - had to look at it wearing shades as the white was blinding - might have missed something.
White interior is modern and exciting - worry about keeping it clean just as everyone else I presume. Suggestions on how to do that and with what product are most welcome!

Power and resulting acceleration is insane and I can easily tell that the Primacy tires are struggling to get a grip if you punch it under 20MPH. Not really noticeable in RWD. Was eyeballing EV Wheel Direct black turbines - staggered with 4S tires would run about $2700 delivered and installed (tires are cheaper via Evans). Anyone thinks I can sell 18s wheels and tires for 1100 or so?

On the first launch my wife screamed continuously for about 5-6 seconds and then hit me - can't tell whether it interfered with my level of enjoyment or enhanced it :-D :-D

How I approached selling myself and her on it (and resulting $2500/month in car payments for next 5 years):
1. Free Supercharging
3. 2500 CA Rebate we only qualify this year (i.e 2017 Tax Year where she took time off)
5. 20 stall Supercharger just opened a mile away from my house (yeah, yeah - damn locals, etc - have a 6kW solar, won't plug often and only if there are many extra spots)

On Financing:
We used SD Metropolitan Credit Union for both cars. In March they had a published rate of 1.49% for 48 months so we went with that.
They raised the rates by .75% since and tightened requirements for getting the discounts (.25 EV is easy, but another .25 used to be for being just a member, now it is a Premier Member of sorts with higher balance). I did get approved with Allegacy for 2.29, but then talked to my CU and got a special 2.24 rate for 66 months (they made it very clear that it is only because I have an existing loan for a few months, etc). I would still recommend them over Tesla Finance to anyone - pretty sure people can still get loans around 3% and it was a great painless experience.

Congrats, Since your in SD I thought ahh crap you got my reject but it started with 5YJ3 :)

I didn’t notice 18” struggling to grip (on straight launch). I was rather shocked how much thrust it has compared to the demo I test drove with 20” wheels. I really thought for sure it wouldn’t have the same punch without those 20” wheels. But it did. Based on memory. Could be different conditions or poor memory.

I think there is a huge difference in cornering/handling though.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Ah, got it - thought you meant that yours was also 562XX (they all start with 5YJ3). Perhaps those paint problems come and go in waves - examined mine one more around 5:30 PM - no gaps, no chips, no bubbles. Did you get a replacement already?

Oh gotcha!
No replacement yet, site no longer says prepare for delivery. I should have it by late September though. Apparently there are no white/white performance models in the inventory.

Some future owner is going to google their VIN and be saddened.
Should I remove it? Car was perfect besides paint.

1. Free Supercharging

On Financing:

Congrats! Love to see a photo as well. Love the white Model 3s. Our marshmallow has a black interior though. BTW our car was manufacturered in 9/2018, 88,7xx (from the driver's door body sticker) but no date. Was delivered 9/23 a few days before yours was born. Since you listed yours as a manufacture date of 9/27 how does one know that? Love to find out my car's birthdate.

Last edited: