Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D-

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Totally made the right choice. Love the stealth speed, love the size of the wheels and tires, love the wheels underneath the aero covers, love what I did to the aero wheels just because I’ve always wanted these discs. Great choice in my opinion.

View attachment 396355

Those wheels do look SLICK on your car.

Original question: I'm loving my car 100%. I also enjoy the "sleeper" aspect of the car, and didn't want the boat anchor 20" upgrade package wheels (and the range/performance hit that comes with them). I still have yet to ask for the $5k refund...even though the economics say that that is a better deal than the free supercharging I only use once in a blue moon. Tint, PPF, and center console vinyl wrap are the only modifications so far. I'll probably do coilovers eventually, I'll probably do the UP spoiler and wheels down the road. I loooooove rail gun launches! :eek:

I go back and forth. I'm disappointed that I didn't get the "big" brakes, but I need to be realistic and remember that I'm not going to track the car.
Also, since I live in the Detroit suburbs I can't realistically own 20" wheels with the rubber-band tires. So, I couldn't justify the extra $5k. I did sacrifice the lifetime supercharging for a $5k refund, and I've only used ~$30 since I bought the car, so I still have $4970 to go before I break even in reverse.

I am picking up my 19" TSS wheels from Tsportline this afternoon and hope to get them on the car before the weekend. There are so many choices out there in wheels, but I didn't want to hassle with other wheel companies to make sure they fit the way I wanted them to.

I have no plans to alter the suspension since it didn't work out the way I thought it would on my last car. So, therefore, all in all I'm happy with my car and my decision to be cheap. LOL!

I took my refund and put MPP rotors on the front and rear MPP pads, brake lines, Castrol brake fluid, Titan7 19"wheels with Pilot Sport tires. I've spent about 5k total after selling the old wheels.

I'm going to get the MPP sport coilovers and maybe the UP spoiler. I decided to paint the calipers green to look different.

The car performs like a champ on the track and am very happy with it. All in all I think the Stealth buyers won out finally. Better performance than the PUP version at the same total cost.

Reactions: lozza
There is no "P3D-" There are Performance model 3s with and without the performance upgrade package. The lack of the performance upgrade package does not make a car a "minus". Why do owners of that configuration call their cars "minus"?

Last edited:
Reactions: Msjulie
There is no "P3D-" There are Performance model 3s with and without the performance upgrade package. The lack of the performance upgrade package does not make a car a "minus". Why do owners of that configuration call their cars "minus"?

Because it's minus the performance upgrade package.

Just as P3D+ is a Performance Model 3 plus the performance upgrade package.

And P3D- or P3D+ are a ton shorter to type while also accurately describing the vehicle.

Personally I think the - is the better car too, so I don't get why anyones being offended about clear and accurate shorthand descriptions.

If anybody wants to be mad it should be at Tesla who first was dumb enough to have TWO options both using PUP as initials, and then do the same with EAP. At least with +/- it's clear WTF is being discussed.

474BBE4C-28D9-4FAC-BD49-96503A78D783.jpeg
252DB089-85AE-4154-9DA3-33DF83791B06.jpeg
Those wheels do look SLICK on your car.

Original question: I'm loving my car 100%. I also enjoy the "sleeper" aspect of the car, and didn't want the boat anchor 20" upgrade package wheels (and the range/performance hit that comes with them). I still have yet to ask for the $5k refund...even though the economics say that that is a better deal than the free supercharging I only use once in a blue moon. Tint, PPF, and center console vinyl wrap are the only modifications so far. I'll probably do coilovers eventually, I'll probably do the UP spoiler and wheels down the road. I loooooove rail gun launches! :eek:

Thanks for the kind words!

P3 minus the performance package I’d say is a win. I ordered the 1:18 die cast model 3 and was a little bummed it came with the 20s.

So I did my best to make my own miniature moon discs. :D

And P3D- or P3D+ are a ton shorter to type while also accurately describing the vehicle.

Personally I think the - is the better car too, so I don't get why anyones being offended about clear and accurate shorthand descriptions.

If anybody wants to be mad it should be at Tesla who first was dumb enough to have TWO options both using PUP as initials, and then do the same with EAP. At least with +/- it's clear WTF is being discussed.

Whenever there is a "+" and "-" version of the same thing, the "+" version is normally considered "better". Thats not the case here, its just "different". Its not slower, etc. Its just another version of TMC's somewhat arbitrary naming (not tesla, TMC).... Like "M3".

We got track mode now =)
I totally forgot about that.

Not just that, but it's the Performance Model 3 with the Premium Interior Package and the Performance package.

You can't buy an M3 with the M package (better seats, making this up) AND the other M package (they call it the competition package).

Yo dawg, I heard you liked your Performance model 3, so we put a performance in it.

Didn't want the low profile tires. Did want the 0-60 rocket. Very happy I ordered when I did because you can't get the version I really wanted any more.
Or you could have bought the P3D+ then sold the 20" wheels and tires, replacing with T-Sportline or other 18" P compatible. That is what I did, it ended out being an even swap for me, since I sold the 20" for the same price as my new ones and I have the higher profile I wanted while having the + Performance that I wanted.

It might not always be as easy as it was for me.