Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85 for sale second hand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm betting that it was purchased for less than the asking price, too. When I called up a few months back to ask about inventory/demo cars here in Aus, I was offered a pre-autopilot loaded P85+ in sig red with all the goodies for about $140k.

Does this mean you cannot add in the auto pilot? I'm confused, aren't all vehicles including the auto pilot and lane systems?

The very first cars in Australia were pre autopilot and TACC hardware - these were the original demonstrators and the very first signature cars. The sigs without TACC were replaced and "de-sigged" which is why there are a few cars out there in sig red & with sig perforated white seats. You can tell any of these cars since they don't have the hardware.

It'd be interesting to see if the non TACC ex sigs become collectible or not.

This was asked when Tesla first started in Australia - but I'll ask it again - why don't they just ship the basic car and then software limit every option possible, including tech package, lighting, audio etc. Then once you get the car you can enable it, the cars would sell so much better here because none of those options would be subject to LCT or stamp duty...

During George Blankenships time I wrote to him to suggest that the the bare car without battery should be shipped, including simple pressed steel wheels. Given that there was choice of batteries, this could have been justified to the authorities and even have constituted Australian input. The steel wheels could then have been sold as spares for those that want them. He did send a personalised reply that they would look at all options re pricing.
Yeah, nothing was done about it. Maybe it is time for newer forum members to start writing both to the Australian powers that be in Tesla, Heath and also to Palo Alto.

Maybe the anniversary meetup could be in Canberra with a photo at parliament asking for an increase in threshold or removal of LCT for zero emission cars. Would be good if the supercharger was open by then. A personal note to Mr Turnbull who has shown interest in Tesla and a few P85D rides for parliamentarians in town may help the cause.

Maybe the anniversary meetup could be in Canberra with a photo at parliament asking for an increase in threshold or removal of LCT for zero emission cars. Would be good if the supercharger was open by then. A personal note to Mr Turnbull who has shown interest in Tesla and a few P85D rides for parliamentarians in town may help the cause.

If we are going to Canberra I think there are a few things higher on the list like not destroying the renewable energy industry for their coal industry mates?

Well many of us are using coal to charge up and that money is not going to the Middle East or increasing our foreign debt. Whatever works. For get the environment aspect.

Or exposing us to issues around supply chains - with no refining capability left (or precious little now) we are at the mercy of overseas markets and supply lines or our country grinds to a halt. From memory we now only have around 2-3 weeks of buffer in stock. That's a sobering thought if you consider the economic consequences of any embargo.

Well many of us are using coal to charge up and that money is not going to the Middle East or increasing our foreign debt. Whatever works. For get the environment aspect.

For this reason I cannot understand why the coal industry, the electricity industry and the Liberal party for that matter is not super supportive of EVs.

What is the logical basis for thinking that importing oil from the Middle East is a better idea than using domestic coal and gas (at worst)?

If we are going to Canberra I think there are a few things higher on the list like not destroying the renewable energy industry for their coal industry mates?

I agree, but just by showing support for a Company like Tesla which by their vision and innovation are demonstrating that burning stuff to make energy has reached its use-by-date, Tesla customers are making a very powerful statement.

- - - Updated - - -

For this reason I cannot understand why the coal industry, the electricity industry and the Liberal party for that matter is not super supportive of EVs.

What is the logical basis for thinking that importing oil from the Middle East is a better idea than using domestic coal and gas (at worst)?

Perhaps because supporting EV's would see the economies of scale improving the technology and reducing the cost of batteries at a faster rate, and as the cost of batteries comes down it will mean that adding battery storage to renewable generation will become cheap enough that burning coal and gas will no longer be the cheaper than renewable energy. The reality is that Clean Energy is only likely to get cheaper over time whereas the costs of mining coal or sinking wells for gas and then fixing the environmental damage is only going to increase over time. So support for EV's will just speed up the decline in any cost advantage that fossil fuel has.

- - - Updated - - -

But with respect, it doesn't work. Burning coal puts more than CO2 into the atmosphere. Mercury and other nasties that cause real health problems for those living near power stations. I agree with you that locally sourced energy is good for our energy security and reduces our foreign debt, but renewable energy does both those things without the environmental downside. The transition to a lower carbon economy has enormous potential for creating new enterprises in this country, and it is such a shame that the focus seems to be all about the fear and difficulty of change when it could be about the opportunities it provides for moving our economy where we don't just rely on digging stuff up.

Aussie Government has got it wrong with EV's

met a guy from Norway, one of the GDP is exporting fuel

and they do this

Tesla Owners In Norway Get $134,000 Tax Break, Which Is More Than The Base Price Of The Model S

134k Tax break. - not import tax, duty or tariffs.... $200 per year fee to charge anywhere at many street charging points, free parking, the Tesla can use bus lanes, don't pay tolls, and they also get to raid, pillage and plunder villiages

but seriously, #1 selling car their because they are doing it right.

Aussies are one of the big polluters and we make it cost $$$ to have an environmentally friendly car

And incentives are only for the ACT people...

it does not make sense