Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85 or P85D in Used Inventory?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They're being downgraded to non-P. The suspicion over on the downgrades thread is it has something to do with batterygate. 75s are being sold as 60kwh range too. Lots of downgrading going on.

Well, just as I suspected, they're listing/selling P85Ds again:

upload_2019-9-16_18-5-59.png

I’m not trying to “justify my upset”.

The reality is these vehicles depreciate over double the rate your “study” claims during a 3 year period. This can be verified by looking at the original sales price vs. what vehicles are selling for on the secondary market.

All of this real world data is available as Tesla does not make their MSRP a secret.

So the real question is, why are you trying to con people into believing Tesla’s have a depreciation rate of 19% over 3 years?
The plural of anecdote isn't data. That data is for all models. Using a small sample of the highest price models proves nothing. Those will certainly depreciate even more. That's tesla, thats fast moving innovative tech goods, that's capitalism, and that's life.

• Disagree
Reactions: glide
The plural of anecdote isn't data. That data is for all models. Using a small sample of the highest price models proves nothing. Those will certainly depreciate even more. That's tesla, thats fast moving innovative tech goods, that's capitalism, and that's life.

So factoring in all Model S and X trims, you’re still sticking with 19% over 3 years? Even though the real-world data wholly debunks that claim?

You must be one of “those people”.

46k for a P85D Ludicrous!
It has 80+k miles, but what a deal
Look at the badging
Thanks for noting this, makes sense why all the sudden I didn’t see any p85d’s!

What makes you think this specific car has ludicrous enabled? Also the badge does say p85d but I’ve never seen one without the red brake calipers. I thought that was standard on p85d? Could this just be a misleading badge?

Thanks for noting this, makes sense why all the sudden I didn’t see any p85d’s!

What makes you think this specific car has ludicrous enabled? Also the badge does say p85d but I’ve never seen one without the red brake calipers. I thought that was standard on p85d? Could this just be a misleading badge?

The underlined P85D badge = Luda

Reactions: gaswalla
So factoring in all Model S and X trims, you’re still sticking with 19% over 3 years? Even though the real-world data wholly debunks that claim?

You must be one of “those people”.

Post a link to “real world data” that supports your point — whatever that may be. I posted two links to published research that was picked up by multiple news sources. If you disagree post better research.

I get that you are upset and very emotional and feel hurt and confused about the better value that other people are getting when they buy a later Tesla. That has been on going on for years, and will continue to happen and you will do yourself a favor to get over it.

Otherwise you are like this monkey:

• Disagree
Reactions: glide
Post a link to “real world data” that supports your point — whatever that may be. I posted two links to published research that was picked up by multiple news sources. If you disagree post better research.

I get that you are upset and very emotional and feel hurt and confused about the better value that other people are getting when they buy a later Tesla. That has been on going on for years, and will continue to happen and you will do yourself a favor to get over it.

Otherwise you are like this monkey:

Dude. Just stop. Don’t be lazy.

Go look at Evcpo sales history. If you can find me a 3 year old Tesla that sold for 19% of its original MSRP...well...I won’t do anything because it doesn’t exist.

Dude. Just stop. Don’t be lazy.

Go look at Evcpo sales history. If you can find me a 3 year old Tesla that sold for 19% of its original MSRP...well...I won’t do anything because it doesn’t exist.
The point of both articles was comparative to compare Tesla to other brands — in one case other EVs, in the other to peer ICE cars. Tesla was the best using that methodology applied to the car brands.

It’s clear your emotions are clouding your ability to comprehend this simple point and read the articles for what they are: comparative analysis to other cars.

Data:
-P10456 totaled January 2018
Insurance payout; $37k
Config: 2013 P85 tech, blk, sunroof, 21”gray, RFS

Purchased 5/19
- P44124 in Marina Del Ray
Cost: $39k, $42 out the door
Config: 2014 P85+ tech, blk, sunroof, 21” you get it...
***lip spoiler worn, tail light dim, DU sounded like a Nissan Leaf, all repaired under warranty by 9/19

Data point:
...mic (falling)

There is chatter about Tesla 'de-rating' their resale cars. For example: 75D's listed as 70D.. P85D listed as 85D.
I can only assume this is due to the recent legal issues they have had with range and performance listings on their used cars (or this part of the company is mismanaged and uninformed - both options are plausible)

For example: look at this car listed as an 85D for $54k

2015 Model S | Tesla

It is actually a p85d - look at the pics.

My conclusion - the only p85d's that will be listed will be actual p90d's... but, if you do your homework, you can find a car like the one above for a great deal

As I suspected, it's now properly listed as a P85D: 2015 Model S | Tesla

2015 Model S | Tesla
2015 Model S85D
81,164 miles
  • 4.2 sec 0-60 mph
  • 155 mph Top Speed
  • 270 mi Range (EPA*)
Key Features
  • Autopilot with convenience features
  • Ultra High Fidelity Sound
  • Smart Air Suspension
  • Keyless Entry
  • Power Liftgate
  • GPS Enabled Homelink
Design
  • Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
  • Black Next Generation Seats
  • 19" Wheels
  • Body Color Roof
  • Matte Obeche Wood Décor
  • Black Headliner
$46,100 $662/mo

46k for a P85D Ludicrous!
It has 80+k miles, but what a deal
Look at the badging

2015 Model S | Tesla

It's back.. and it's listed as a P85D for $46,100. It doesn't say "Ludicrous" on the page, but you can see the badge and the option codes still indicate Ludicrous mode.

They're being downgraded to non-P. The suspicion over on the downgrades thread is it has something to do with batterygate. 75s are being sold as 60kwh range too. Lots of downgrading going on.

I think this is conclusive evidence that they are not de-rating or downgrading P85Ds to 85Ds and what we saw was just (yet another) data error. :rolleyes:

Reactions: bhzmark