Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D OWNERS ONLY: Please read

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The majority of you I'm sure are aware but over on the Tesla Owners Group UK Facebook page lots of us have been discussing the downgrade in hp on the P85D along with the real life 0-60 speed tests.

For those of you that don't know Tesla now states the car is actually 463hp... and not 691hp that many of us ordered between 2014 & July 2015.

So £16,700 for an extra 46hp over the 85D....I'm pissed off (& so are many P85D owners both on the group and those who have indicated they want to sign the letter)

The group can be found on:
<You must send proof that you own a P85D to join the group (check your FB inbox/other inbox after joining)>
https://www.facebook.com/groups/543587479139981/

If you don't have Facebook then feel free to post on here and I will add you to the list of people but it might be easier to just setup an account to see all the posts on the group to be honest.

Any questions just shout.

Horse power aside it doesn't alter the fact it is over a second faster than the 85d from 0-60 so you are still getting the specified performance. The specified torque is also unchanged.

I read an article somewhere that the 72 people who wrote the open letter to tesla had had the p85d professionally tested and it achieved a max of 555 HP so maybe they have lowered it to play it safe.

Does it really matter that much?

I read an article somewhere that the 72 people who wrote the open letter to tesla ...
There are at least half a dozen threads on the general issue -- the word "horsepower" related to Model S P##D -- so if you'd like to know more, take a look around these forums. FYI.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not in the UK, so I'm not really your target audience. That said...

I'm interested to follow your progress but the facebook link doesn't work for us non-facebook folks. Perhaps I'm not alone. Just data to consider.

Good luck in a positive resolution for all parties involved.

Hi, I am a self confessed Tesla 'fan-boy', MS 60 (as well as 4 other EVs) owner and general EV geek (oh!... and I run a small EV-related business, these days).

Whilst I appreciate you may feel that Tesla has diddled you with this stated Vs Actual HP issue I would ask you to consider a question:- Do you think Tesla deliberately misled you? If not, then I think you and all the other MS owners affected by the HP discrepancy should write to Tesla saying how disappointed you are that you have been misled etc etc, and leave it at that.

The negative publicity generated by forcing Tesla into paying compensation (or whatever it is the US group are trying to achieve) will damage Tesla badly and it does not need that sort of publicity right now.

The MS is still an outstanding car. It is still leading the world in awakening ordinary people to the benefits of EVs and it really does irk me that people are endangering Tesla's (and, by association, all EVs) future with a very silly niggle that it cant get to 60mph .3 of a second faster than you all thought it would!

Just my thoughts... seeing as you asked! MW