Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D & P90D - 2019.20.1 Firmware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My issue with slacker is that it won't work unless you sign in. I've tried signing in with my Tesla account to no avail. I've created a new account but still nothing. It won't get past the sign in screen. It's not just a connectivity issue as it also won't work when I'm on wifi.
I like the tune in app, it just buffers so much that it's almost pointless. If I can get it to load something then it works fine, but I have to try again and again for upwards of 10-15 minutes before a podcast loads up. Half of the time I'm already where I was going by the time it loads.
Geek, you need to get it to a service center. I'm sure they'll figure it out.

I'm a fairly new owner so don't have a lot of experience with firmware updates but doing some light research, it looks like update frequency has more than tripled between 2018 and 2019. Generally, change creates instability. I think we might be living that first hand.

No, quite the opposite. The update frequency per vehicle has decreased from every 2-3 weeks back in 2017/2018 to more like once every 5-7 weeks now. There are now subreleases being shipped off the same main firmware which appear to be geared towards more subsets of the vehicle population, whereas in the past everybody got the same firmware pushed more often. The subreleases seem to come out more often.

No, quite the opposite. The update frequency per vehicle has decreased from every 2-3 weeks back in 2017/2018 to more like once every 5-7 weeks now. There are now subreleases being shipped off the same main firmware which appear to be geared towards more subsets of the vehicle population, whereas in the past everybody got the same firmware pushed more often. The subreleases seem to come out more often.
Ok thanks for the info

Yes. My March 2015 Ludicrous P85D+’s rated range at 90% has remained at 223 miles for quite some time charging at home and at Superchargers. Earlier this month I charged to 99% / ~ 249 miles using our High Power Wall Connector set to 60A (on 100A / 240V circuit) just before leaving on a long road trip (I didn’t want to wait for 100%). This was very close to my P85DL’s 257 mile original range which is IMHO impressive after 48,000 miles.

My P85DL at delivery charged to 100% was 253 which is the advertised range as well.

Nope. Still get 250 miles full charge (down 3 from new). Car has 35,000 miles now. Daily charge to 80%. Almost never supercharge (none for a few years).

Same. except 20k more miles and supercharge ~10 times a year on road trips.

Don't update! They have introduced nothing of value since then. Everything has been a *sugar* show for us AP1 performance models.

I do all updates and all is fine w me.

upload_2019-6-27_12-24-52.png

Reactions: BrokerDon
Same. except 20k more miles and supercharge ~10 times a year on road trips.

I do all updates and all is fine w me.

View attachment 423889
My range and power is unchanged. I have the following issues after updating from 2018.50.x.

Push to talk times out on first use. Worked perfectly every time prior to update.

The browser hangs after about 10 minutes of use. Requires a full reboot to get it functional again. Browser worked perfectly prior to update

When either making or receiving a phone call over Bluetooth, there is no audio. You have to scroll the volume dial to hear the other party. This issue did not exist prior to the update.