Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P90D Supercharging Data

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@David99 did you monitor your 2014 S85 recently and did you see an increase as well?

I have not gotten any software updates recently. I did a 4400 mile road trip recently and did not see an increase in charge rate. If anything it was slower in several cases. Compared to my data from about 1.5 years ago my car charges about 5 kW slower now.

Screenshot_2016-07-22-00-26-21.jpg

Just one data point with my 2014 P85, 2.28.19. No change in Superchargers rates, at newly opened Hamamatsu Supercharger in Japan.

@hiroshiy - seems like you had a paired stall. The precipitous decline right around 10 min is indicative of another user on your cabinet
Hmmm, I was there like a bit over one hour so I didn't really check my other stall. Does it affect my charging rates, considering I'm the one who started charging first? I always thought that the second car in the pair always get remaining power of 135kW... for example if I'm pulling 90kW, then 135-90=45kW would be available to the 2nd car.

Reactions: apacheguy
In theory, the one to plug in first should not be affected, but my experience contradicts this. I always see some power dips from another user sharing my cabinet.

At any rate, the taper curve you posted does not look "clean" to me so perhaps there were other factors.

• Informative
Reactions: hiroshiy
This would be odd. Firstly, because Tesla was much, much more aggressive with the taper on the newer chemistry from the outset. Only recently did they decide to relax the taper... And by quite a bit - all in one go. Perhaps they didn't like the perception that the 90 kWh charges more slowly than the 85 so they just forced a much more lenient taper?

Secondly, we know from @wk057 that there is considerable room for improvement on the taper for the 85s. But again Tesla may hold back on implementing this because they only want to support the newer models. Hope I'm wrong.