Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P90D - What battery versions should I avoid?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm enjoying the conversation, and figured while we we're on the subject of concrete data, and sticking with good solid facts, I'd share that no current Tesla Superchargers are capable of 300A.

They can supply a continuous draw of 210A.

They can supply a 20 minute burst of 270A, after which it has to rest for 10 minutes.

View attachment 350060
Screenshot 2018-11-08 at 3.00.42 AM.png
Screenshot 2018-11-08 at 2.31.18 AM.png

CAPABLE OF 300 amps! "CAPABLE"- having the ability, fitness, or quality necessary to do or achieve a specified thing.

• Disagree
Reactions: JohnnyG
CAPABLE OF 300 amps! "CAPABLE"- having the ability, fitness, or quality necessary to do or achieve a specified thing.
Ummm.... that chart isn't defining Tesla Supercharger's ratings :rolleyes:
It's defining the categories of chargers (according to ASA) and then plopping Tesla chargers within certain categories....

And yea... I get what "CAPABLE" means... that's why I posted the actual label from the newest Superchargers showing exactly what they are "CAPABLE" of. ;)

SCS.jpg

• Disagree
Reactions: Daddy S
Moderator note: Moved two posts to Snippiness.

Disagreement is fine. Personal attacks, trolling, and other anti-social behavior (such as mass "disagrees") are not. Please play nice.

Thanks,

Bruce.
Please clarify your comment on "mass 'disagrees.'"

Under my understanding, "mass 'disagrees'" represent the ENTIRE COMMUNITY disagreeing with someone's post. That is NOT "anti-social" behavior; it's the expression of the MAJORITY.

Or are you suggesting that one user can "disagree" with a post multiple times as the definition of "mass 'disagrees?'"

Or are you defining "mass 'disagrees'" as one user disagreeing with another user's post, frequently?

Vagueness and ambiguity are the bane of rule-making.

With love,

Lawyer.

Please clarify your comment on "mass 'disagrees.'"

Under my understanding, "mass 'disagrees'" represent the ENTIRE COMMUNITY disagreeing with someone's post. That is NOT "anti-social" behavior; it's the expression of the MAJORITY.

Or are you suggesting that one user can "disagree" with a post multiple times as the definition of "mass 'disagrees?'"

Or are you defining "mass 'disagrees'" as one user disagreeing with another user's post, frequently?

Vagueness and ambiguity are the bane of rule-making.

With love,

Lawyer.

I mean one user "Disagree"-ing with many of another person's posts, within a short time period, with the apparent intent of annoying or retaliating against that person.

Cordially yours,

Engineer
(who doesn't have a Tesla with a 90 battery, but sympathizes with those who do)

Range keeps going up after I charge to 100% SOC every so often. Glad I can drive mine with ludicrous always on and use max battery with no range loss etc. While other's drive cautious, only charge to 80% every time and don't use or have ludicrous. I also never charge at high amps so that's the main reason.
IMG_E7130.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.