Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PA Annual State Safety Inspection Sticker??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there! New owner of a Model S, living here in Pittsburgh.

Just transferred my vanity plate from my older car to the MS. My older car (an ICE car) had two stickers on the front windshield : (1) an annual emission sticker, and (2) an annual state safety inspection sticker.

Anyone reading this from PA who can advise me on if I need (1) above? I'm assuming not. And for (2), where do I get this inspection done, assuming I need it of course? Regular vehicle repair shop (e.g. Firestones) - or do I go to a Tesla Service Center (the one in Pittsburgh is still under construction I believe).

Thanks!!

I would like to know this as well, I'm from southern Pa where we don't need emission stickers but still inspection stickers. I plan on doing the annual $600 service, do we get inspection stickers there? Or will I have to travel to a pa service center?

Hey yinz guys should join us on our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TeslaPittsburgh/
Drop me your FB username in a PM so I can spare you the usual vetting.

Now, in answer to the questions...

You need ONE sticker. The inspection only. DON'T let anyone "sell" you an emissions sticker OR even an exempt sticker ($2) because you can't be exempted from a standard that never applied to you in the first place. You should get inspection sticker ONLY for about $15-25 depending on where you go.

I think the Tesla Service Center in Devon MIGHT be able to do inspections-- but not sure about that. If they can't, then no one from Tesla in PA can and you'll need to make friends with your local mechanic. We have a list of recommended places on our FB group file page. If you go somewhere unfamiliar with Teslas, it is VERY IMPORTANT to educate them re: jack points and wheel lug torque.

Reactions: singleview