Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pacific Northwest Owners (Seattle, Portland, or towns/cities in the region)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all! I will be getting my MYP in a few weeks and will be looking to sell the performance staggered 21" UberTurbine wheels, tires and sensors, straight off the car at delivery. Asking $3700 for them as delivered from Tesla. Tesla sells the smaller 20" Induction set for $4500, as a reference point. Local pickup (will not ship). If you are interested, please DM/PM me.

Hello all! I will be getting my MYP in a few weeks and will be looking to sell the performance staggered 21" UberTurbine wheels, tires and sensors, straight off the car at delivery. Asking $3700 for them as delivered from Tesla. Tesla sells the smaller 20" Induction set for $4500, as a reference point. Local pickup (will not ship). If you are interested, please DM/PM me.

Good luck. There's a glut of 21" Uberturbine wheels for sale because no one wants them. I check craigslist for Tesla wheels frequently and they usually go for $2,000-$2,500.

Reactions: Teedub21 and jebinc
Good luck. There's a glut of 21" Uberturbine wheels for sale because no one wants them. I check craigslist for Tesla wheels frequently and they usually go for $2,000-$2,500.
@pdx_m3s Thanks for sharing. Glut?! 😂 I looked around TMC and saw few, and none current, and none in the Seattle area. My price was based on what I was seeing on eBay "today", w/o sensors! I was looking for some 19" Gemini rims, and nothing reasonably priced, either (Craigslist, eBay or TMC) - supply and demand, I guess. People must be buying everything up for winter tire setups. Just saying.

Last edited:
@pdx_m3s Thanks for sharing. I looked around TMC and saw few, and none current. My price was based on what I was seeing on eBay "today", w/o sensors! I was looking for some 19" Gemini rims, and nothing reasonably priced, either (Craigslist, eBay or TMC) - supply and demand, I guess. People must be buying everything up for winter tire setups. Just saying.
Do you want to trade the 21s for a set of Gemini's? No marks on mine with about 2,000 miles on the tires...

Reactions: jebinc
Do you want to trade the 21s for a set of Gemini's? No marks on mine with about 2,000 miles on the tires...
@acarney - IIRC, you purchased a Model 3 SR+, back in the day! Do you now have a Model Y? I am looking for Gemini's, but with Michelin A/S 4 tires and TPMS sensors - ready to bolt on. And, I'm not looking for the light silver Gemini rims, but rather the darker gray or black found on the 2021 MY LR.

@acarney - IIRC, you purchased a Model 3 SR+, back in the day! Do you now have a Model Y? I am looking for Gemini's, but with Michelin A/S 4 tires and TPMS sensors - ready to bolt on. And, I'm not looking for the light silver Gemini rims, but rather the darker gray or black found on the 2021 MY LR.
I did have an SR+! I sold that car last year and took delivery of a Model Y LR in October of 2020 and have been LOVING it ever since. It's got a few extra creaks and rattles coming from it compared to the 3... I suspect there is a little more body flex since it's missing that extra roof cross brace... I can't really feel it in the body of the car, but the center console seems to make a bit of noise and I suspect that's from very slight body flex.

I ended up buying a second set of gemini's for the winter and put xIce SNOWs on them (amazing amazing amazing). Now I'm thinking about ditching the summer gemini's... ideally for the Inductions, but the Ubers look nice too.

I don't really want to spend any more money, and I don't NEED to swap wheels, but if someone wants to trade it's making me interested, lol.

I've already spent way too much money on this vehicle after I add it up... I'm kicking myself that I could have upgraded to a Model S when Musk lowered the price to $69,420 during his "fire sale" to clear the old versions out, lol

Edit: I ended up doing a Blue/White LR Y and bought FSD right after delivery and then finally bought acceleration boost. I think it brought the final price to over $70k. While I like FSD, I always would go for more range and larger battery... plus the S is even faster than Y with Boost!

Last edited:
I did have an SR+! I sold that car last year and took delivery of a Model Y LR in October of 2020 and have been LOVING it ever since. It's got a few extra creaks and rattles coming from it compared to the 3... I suspect there is a little more body flex since it's missing that extra roof cross brace... I can't really feel it in the body of the car, but the center console seems to make a bit of noise and I suspect that's from very slight body flex.

I ended up buying a second set of gemini's for the winter and put xIce SNOWs on them (amazing amazing amazing). Now I'm thinking about ditching the summer gemini's... ideally for the Inductions, but the Ubers look nice too.

I don't really want to spend any more money, and I don't NEED to swap wheels, but if someone wants to trade it's making me interested, lol.

I've already spent way too much money on this vehicle after I add it up... I'm kicking myself that I could have upgraded to a Model S when Musk lowered the price to $69,420 during his "fire sale" to clear the old versions out, lol
@acarney Too funny! Same here; I'm not looking to trade a premium staggered set of MYP wheels for OEM stock LR wheels and more money! Worst case, I will keep the 21s for summer and pick up a set of Gemini's for $2850 on the Tesla site

@acarney Edit: Yes, the Ubers look great! I'm also considering an Uber 19" TSV clone from TSportline. 10% off sale coming this Thursday, for labor day, and you can pick your tires!

@acarney Too funny! Same here; I'm not looking to trade a premium staggered set of MYP wheels for OEM stock LR wheels and more money! Worst case, I will keep the 21s for summer and pick up a set of Gemini's for $2850 on the Tesla site

@acarney Edit: Yes, the Ubers look great! I'm also considering an Uber 19" TSV clone from TSportline. 10% off sale coming this Thursday, for labor day, and you can pick your tires!
I really really considered TSportline... but there's something about me that loves staying stock... even if I then mix and match out of the stock configs, lol

If you plan on doing any sort of snow driving (up to the mountains for skiing or over the pass during the winter) and you DO go the second set of wheels way, I would highly recommend the xIce SNOW tires. They're not studded so you can drive all winter around town without issues but they are a beast in the snow. I'm on the eastern side of WA and we only got one big snow last year but it was deep, like 8 to 10 inches. I went out and tested the Y and tires in the deep snow in a parking lot that hadn't been touched by other cars and it was so undramatic. I had watched a bunch of youtube videos that people were just using the stock all season tires and having issues getting stuck in parking lots when there was like 3 inches of snow. I fully expected I might with almost a foot (more than the ground clearance of the vehicle) and brought a shovel and stuff. Absolutely no issue at all. Hit the brakes and it slows down nice and smooth (slight wheel slip but that's more the snow compacting down). From a dead stop try to slowly pull away and zero wheel slip. Floor it and of course there is wheel slip but it jumps up and away. I was so happy after seeing early youtube reviews claiming the AWD system of the Y was horrible compared to the X... instead it must be that the stock all season tires are much worse than X... or people had been testing the X with dedicated winter tires.

I feel like I could safely go just about anywhere that kept the roads open. Even with the limited ground clearance the vehicle seems heavy enough to compress the snow down a bit and as long as the top layer is fresh/soft it'll just plow that stuff down and the AWD is plenty good enough to get the car moving and stay moving in deep snow.

I really really considered TSportline... but there's something about me that loves staying stock... even if I then mix and match out of the stock configs, lol

If you plan on doing any sort of snow driving (up to the mountains for skiing or over the pass during the winter) and you DO go the second set of wheels way, I would highly recommend the xIce SNOW tires. They're not studded so you can drive all winter around town without issues but they are a beast in the snow. I'm on the eastern side of WA and we only got one big snow last year but it was deep, like 8 to 10 inches. I went out and tested the Y and tires in the deep snow in a parking lot that hadn't been touched by other cars and it was so undramatic. I had watched a bunch of youtube videos that people were just using the stock all season tires and having issues getting stuck in parking lots when there was like 3 inches of snow. I fully expected I might with almost a foot (more than the ground clearance of the vehicle) and brought a shovel and stuff. Absolutely no issue at all. Hit the brakes and it slows down nice and smooth (slight wheel slip but that's more the snow compacting down). From a dead stop try to slowly pull away and zero wheel slip. Floor it and of course there is wheel slip but it jumps up and away. I was so happy after seeing early youtube reviews claiming the AWD system of the Y was horrible compared to the X... instead it must be that the stock all season tires are much worse than X... or people had been testing the X with dedicated winter tires.

I feel like I could safely go just about anywhere that kept the roads open. Even with the limited ground clearance the vehicle seems heavy enough to compress the snow down a bit and as long as the top layer is fresh/soft it'll just plow that stuff down and the AWD is plenty good enough to get the car moving and stay moving in deep snow.
@acarney Thanks for the advice! I may have some Oregon pass driving, when I head to Medford area once or twice in the winter, but would likely just pack a set of chains for the Plaid or MYP.

@acarney Edit: I feel the same way, re OEM vs. unknown 3rd party (or any 3rd party)

New Model Y owner here (Fall City), and first Tesla to boot. Just took delivery Monday, car seems close to perfect, but I noticed something today that I don't know if it is a "problem" or character trait of the model Y... I have the car set to "Hold" for the braking behavior and I've noticed that when I let off the gas and it brakes and then (H)olds. I hear a little clunk noise. Is that normal?

New Model Y owner here (Fall City), and first Tesla to boot. Just took delivery Monday, car seems close to perfect, but I noticed something today that I don't know if it is a "problem" or character trait of the model Y... I have the car set to "Hold" for the braking behavior and I've noticed that when I let off the gas and it brakes and then (H)olds. I hear a little clunk noise. Is that normal?
@paramer This is normal! It’s a solenoid engaging and locking the brake pedal! I had the same concern in 2019, when this was implemented via firmware update! Rest easy!

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
If anyone is interested, I'm selling a full set of Aero wheels and tires (including TPMS and Aero cap kit) from my Model 3. Only 10k miles on them.

Maple Valley WA here!! Took delivery of my MYLR this Monday. Introducing SNOW ( my wife and kids named it)

Attachments

• 9B8D5F4B-E02D-4FE2-BCAB-52A7CFC7865B.jpeg
    9B8D5F4B-E02D-4FE2-BCAB-52A7CFC7865B.jpeg
    827.7 KB · Views: 46
What software version are you guys on? I did ask if I was on the most current when I picked it up Monday and she said yes, but sure doesnt look like it. Im on 2021.11.104 , from what I see online this looks old to me? I dont have any notifications to get update though?