Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pacific Northwest Owners (Seattle, Portland, or towns/cities in the region)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, fellow PNW owners - Your future participation is requested here, if you are participating in the FSD beta process!

Has anyone that got a new Tesla in Sept 21 been sent a notification so you can download a more recent software update? I bought FSD and cant see safety score because I dont have the current software. I tried chat with tesla, but got dropped after 20min waiting on response in chat box.

Has anyone that got a new Tesla in Sept 21 been sent a notification so you can download a more recent software update? I bought FSD and cant see safety score because I dont have the current software. I tried chat with tesla, but got dropped after 20min waiting on response in chat box.
No, but I did get the new beta request button once my factory load .103 firmware was eventually updated. That has to happen first, before you will get normal firmware updates. Usually three weeks after delivery.

No, but I did get the new beta request button once my factory load .103 firmware was eventually updated. That has to happen first, before you will get normal firmware updates. Usually three weeks after delivery.
Yeah, thats why I was trying to get an update. Finally got support thru chat and they suggested asking SC to do it when I take it in tomorrow to get loose taillight, ppf and homelink. asked in app if they will do update while Im there, crossing fingers that they'll say yes.

Yeah, thats why I was trying to get an update. Finally got support thru chat and they suggested asking SC to do it when I take it in tomorrow to get loose taillight, ppf and homelink. asked in app if they will do update while Im there, crossing fingers that they'll say yes.
They can’t force an update to a factory load, only updates after you are off the factory load, naturally. Been there, done that.

you'd think they'd at least be able to tell me exactly how long I have to wait though right? Very frustrating after having paid 10k for FSD
Nope. I had a mobile tech at my house with his laptop connected to my car, and Tesla motherland. He showed me everything. Even when he orders a later version of the software, the only thing that downloads to the car is the same factory load. You just have to wait.

• Informative
Reactions: paramer
Nope. I had a mobile tech at my house with his laptop connected to my car, and Tesla motherland. He showed me everything. Even when he orders a later version of the software, the only thing that downloads to the car is the same factory load. You just have to wait.

You think that's frustrating. Many of us bought FSD in 2018.
good point. I'll shut up now and quietly serve my term in old software version jail.

Hey peeps. New MYP owner in Portland. Sold my chevy Bolt after the last recall and happy to finally have the vehicle I REALLY wanted.

Quick question for those that recently purchased in Oregon. How long to get your plates? I'm at week 5 at the moment. One friend got theirs in 24 days but was hoping to hear how long it took others. I was hoping to transfer the plates off my Bolt but Tesla wouldn't couldn't do it.

Hey peeps. New MYP owner in Portland. Sold my chevy Bolt after the last recall and happy to finally have the vehicle I REALLY wanted.

Quick question for those that recently purchased in Oregon. How long to get your plates? I'm at week 5 at the moment. One friend got theirs in 24 days but was hoping to hear how long it took others. I was hoping to transfer the plates off my Bolt but Tesla wouldn't couldn't do it.
Seems like a long time in WA as well. Perhaps this is due to both states releasing all the inmates that used to make all of the plates! 🤣

• Funny
Just an update for anyone that got their new Y missing the ppf and mud flaps. I made service appt to get loose taillight and ppf and when I picked it up they had added the mud flaps as well, even though I didnt ask for that. All in all I'd give my first experience with Bellevue SC a five out five stars. They were great today. Really love how you can do all this stuff through the app as well.

Just an update for anyone that got their new Y missing the ppf and mud flaps. I made service appt to get loose taillight and ppf and when I picked it up they had added the mud flaps as well, even though I didnt ask for that. All in all I'd give my first experience with Bellevue SC a five out five stars. They were great today. Really love how you can do all this stuff through the app as well.
Bellevue is great! Renton, not so much!

Bellevue is great! Renton, not so much!

Feel yourself lucky you don't have just one service center to service all of the state and the SW portion of the next one.

My car's air shocks developed a leak and I took it in yesterday. The guy I talked to at the SC was on loan from Seattle. He said the Seattle area SCs have been sending people down for a couple of weeks to help out in Portland. He asked me if the SC was always as busy. It was way more traffic than he'd seen at any of the Seattle area SCs.

The Portland SC was in an industrial park when I bought my car. They were doing deliveries in an industrial strip mall down the street. Then Tesla bought a warehouse nearer downtown and rehabbed it. The new SC was probably about 3X bigger than the old location, but they topped out in less than a year.

There must have been a cancellation because when I went to set up the appointment last week there was one opening on Tuesday and then not another opening for a few weeks.

There are rumors of a new SC being built in Vancouver, WA. I hope it's true.

• Informative
Reactions: paramer and jebinc
Good to know re: Service Centers. I am stock piling a list of things I would like them to handle when I take delivery of the car. Mud Flaps, Homelink, maybe a spoiler by the time I actually get a delivery date....