Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pacific Northwest Owners (Seattle, Portland, or towns/cities in the region)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Portland has an active Tesla group with a Facebook and Google Groups page and we have events throughout the year. I've thought it would be good toPDX Tesla

I guess I'm a bit of an old hand at this point having had my Model S since 2016. Seeing other Teslas around town was rare when I first got mine, but now they're common. We went out running errands yesterday and my SO saw three Teslas while I was waiting to make a right turn off a freeway offramp. While she was telling me about it at the next light, I spotted a Model 3 she'd missed.

Between general eco consciousness in the region combined with $0.08/KWH electricity here it makes sense to get an EV. I estimated in my first 3 years of ownership I averaged $12 a month in "fuel".
Portland has an active Tesla group with a Facebook and Google Groups page and we have events throughout the year. I've thought it would be good to combine some events with Tesla owners further north.

PDX Tesla

I guess I'm a bit of an old hand at this point having had my Model S since 2016. Seeing other Teslas around town was rare when I first got mine, but now they're common. We went out running errands yesterday and my SO saw three Teslas while I was waiting to make a right turn off a freeway offramp. While she was telling me about it at the next light, I spotted a Model 3 she'd missed.

Between general eco consciousness in the region combined with $0.08/KWH electricity here it makes sense to get an EV. I estimated in my first 3 years of ownership I averaged $12 a month in "fuel".

Welcome to our Happy Place! :)

.08 kWh! :eek: I thought I had it good at $.10-$.11 per kWh! ;)

Reactions: Richt
Will hopefully be a Seattle Model 3 owner very soon! Took my test drive this Sunday and cruised around Green Lake. Had 2 people in a crosswalk literally top to bottom stare at the car when I was at a stop light. I think that beautiful Sunday weather made the Blue/White car I was driving sparkle!

Reactions: WilliamG and jebinc
Will hopefully be a Seattle Model 3 owner very soon! Took my test drive this Sunday and cruised around Green Lake. Had 2 people in a crosswalk literally top to bottom stare at the car when I was at a stop light. I think that beautiful Sunday weather made the Blue/White car I was driving sparkle!

Welcome and congrats! Please post some pictures, once you are in your own M3. What color did you choose?

Seattle 'owner' here: Is this thread for M3 owners only? The title doesn't specify, but I see it's in the "Model 3" forum... so maybe.

If so, no prob. I'm just glad to see others enjoying their Teslas, regardless of model!

Have fun, and drive on!! :D

Reactions: jebinc
Seattle 'owner' here: Is this thread for M3 owners only? The title doesn't specify, but I see it's in the "Model 3" forum... so maybe.

If so, no prob. I'm just glad to see others enjoying their Teslas, regardless of model!

There isn't a General TMC Forum that I could find, so I created this "Regional" thread here. All PNW Tesla owners are welcome!

Last edited:
South Seattle, M3SR+ here. Owner since 6/15. Going to the Gorge on Friday and looking forward to supercharging on the way back. Drove up to Mt. Rainier (98.9 miles) a couple of weeks ago, using 147 miles of charge, but only used 52 miles of charge on the way back. Want to go out on the peninsula and supercharge at Sequim before heading back.

Btw, there looks to be a new supercharger under construction in Auburn, WA (1101 Outlet Collection Way SW), according to Supercharge info.

Upcoming Model 3 SR+ Blue on White owner (still working with Tesla... I just want my car now! LOL)

I've got pretty much all the accessories ordered... but what about detail products?!

Anyone have a good recommendation for a reasonably priced foam gun to hook to a power washer (I have a1500 psi model), a good soap that really builds up thick foam that clings on, and then some kind of gloss enhancer or "instant detail" solution to really make the paint shine?

I'm going to do full front PPF and I think I'm going to hold off on ceramic or anything until I can save up more for PPF of the rest of the car in the spring. It's garage kept and usually just driven around town, so I'm not toooooo worried about the paint on non-leading edges, but would rather PPF it to make washing easier (no worries of swirls) down the road.

Until the spring though I want to be ultra gentle but also have that beautiful deep wet/gloss look that some ceramic coats can provide...

Also, anyone have any good recommendations for protection for the white interior seats? I know Tesla has designed them to resist stains and clean up well, but I wouldn't mind applying something that will help keep them from wearing down and keeping them easy to clean for years to come. I also don't want a product that will dull them though...

Last edited:
Reactions: jebinc

I've had an S since 2016.

There isn't a General TMC Forum that I could find, so I created this "Regional" thread here. All PNW Tesla owners are welcome!

There is this section:
Americas -

Any decent level 2 chargers (like 6+ kW) around the core downtown Walla Walla area?

Plugshare is a good resource
PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

According to the map there are 12 locations around Walla Walla that would work. I've never been to Walla Walla but my SO went to Whitman.

So even more specific to just WA state guys... has anyone had the WA state sales tax exemption applied to their purchase (Aug 1st, 2019 onward)? I'm trying to figure out just exactly what it exempts. All the news outlets was saying up to $2500 saved from the purchase of a EV that qualified. I know the tax exemption only applies to the first $25,000 of the car... Tesla is saying my tax exemption is only worth about $1650 in savings. I was expecting ~$2225 in savings based on my local tax area (Benton County, 8.9% total; 6.5% state, 0.3% additional vehicle tax, 2.1% local tax). However, now I'm wondering if it's ONLY exempting the STATE tax, which would be 6.5%. That means the absolute max exemption amount you could get (save) would be $1625 (6.5% of $25,000). That means every single news outlet got it wrong...

Whitman Hotel and a few wineries have them. Also I would be willing to have someone stop by our house if you really needed a charge.

Whitman Hotel would be the only one roughly within walking distance of the real central downtown core, right? I thought the Whitman Hotel only allowed guests to use the destination chargers.... though I do wonder if lunch there would allow for use of one.